Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Just something I noticed during recent KI Lives...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't know if a lot of viewers pay attention to the background in the room used for the KI Live broadcasts, but I've been noticing for the past few shows that the Pirate101 poster has been replaced by a second Wizard101 poster.

Why is Pirate101 no longer represented?

I also think it would be nice if the monitor could possibly alternate between the Wizard City Commons and Avery's Court? More people would log onto their pirates if that was the case, don't you think? Or how about not always focusing on the same location every time -- what about showing Ravenwood or the Arcanum, and then Jonah Town or Blood Shoals?

I play both games like a lot of people, but I feel the need to stick up for the little Cinderella game. We all know that Pirate101 doesn't have nearly the playerbase of Wizard101, but don't we deserve to see equal treatment for both games in these simple ideas?

Administrator
You know, it's funny you mention this as we were just talking about how to feature and improve that in-game spotlight a bit more. This very thing was brought up after the last KI Live, and we might have Decius work with the background shot a bit more while Falmea and I run the show. Either way we'll keep trying to work out new possibilities that big screen spotlight and maybe even change up the pictures in the background a bit every month.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
You know, it's funny you mention this as we were just talking about how to feature and improve that in-game spotlight a bit more. This very thing was brought up after the last KI Live, and we might have Decius work with the background shot a bit more while Falmea and I run the show. Either way we'll keep trying to work out new possibilities that big screen spotlight and maybe even change up the pictures in the background a bit every month.
Thank you for the prompt reply, One-Eyed Jack!

Appreciate it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
I don't know if a lot of viewers pay attention to the background in the room used for the KI Live broadcasts, but I've been noticing for the past few shows that the Pirate101 poster has been replaced by a second Wizard101 poster.

Why is Pirate101 no longer represented?

I also think it would be nice if the monitor could possibly alternate between the Wizard City Commons and Avery's Court? More people would log onto their pirates if that was the case, don't you think? Or how about not always focusing on the same location every time -- what about showing Ravenwood or the Arcanum, and then Jonah Town or Blood Shoals?

I play both games like a lot of people, but I feel the need to stick up for the little Cinderella game. We all know that Pirate101 doesn't have nearly the playerbase of Wizard101, but don't we deserve to see equal treatment for both games in these simple ideas?
"Why is Pirate101 no longer represented?"
And yet there is that life sized stand up poster of Madame Vadima, how could anyone miss that?
"Or how about not always focusing on the same location every time..."
Avery's Court and the Commons are in the Free to Play zones, this allows those who haven't a current membership to hang out, it's a popular gathering spot for both games. Then the venue can change when the focus is planned for the spotlighted event.
I completely agree that more attention needs to be focused on the "little brother" of Wiz101; I've noticed that on You Tube if you're watching Pirate101 videos there are side adverts for Wizard101; but on Wizard101 videos there are NO adverts for Pirate101.
And even more troubling, when I did a search for videos of "Pirate Games" what side advert showed up? That's right, one for Wizard101!
It seems that Pirate101 is a secret to the average gamer.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
"Why is Pirate101 no longer represented?"
And yet there is that life sized stand up poster of Madame Vadima, how could anyone miss that?
"Or how about not always focusing on the same location every time..."
Avery's Court and the Commons are in the Free to Play zones, this allows those who haven't a current membership to hang out, it's a popular gathering spot for both games. Then the venue can change when the focus is planned for the spotlighted event.
I completely agree that more attention needs to be focused on the "little brother" of Wiz101; I've noticed that on You Tube if you're watching Pirate101 videos there are side adverts for Wizard101; but on Wizard101 videos there are NO adverts for Pirate101.
And even more troubling, when I did a search for videos of "Pirate Games" what side advert showed up? That's right, one for Wizard101!
It seems that Pirate101 is a secret to the average gamer.
Vadima is behind Tom's head most of the time, isn't she? Nor does she have the Pirate101 logo, so new wizard viewers may simply think of her as a Wizard101 character they haven't met yet. Whereas, the posters on the wall are in constant view and say exactly what they are.

There are many more places in free-to-play zones that are awesome in their own right and players can have a little fun racing to "find the camera" rather than just sitting there on their giant mounts.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
How about they start going to places like Rapa Nui or Blood Shoals

Why not give the aztecosaurs a visit?

Administrator
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
How about they start going to places like Rapa Nui or Blood Shoals

Why not give the aztecosaurs a visit?
We could definitely do that!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I am glad OEJ and I aren't the only ones thinking about this.
We will try to make sure to have a set up next time that allows us to show both games and more areas of the games.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
We will try to make sure to have a set up next time that allows us to show both games and more areas of the games.
Not to mention making a few more new posters showing some characters of W101, P101, or both together, like the 1st one from a few years ago. That should definitely bring more attention to both games. Think on it.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 25, 2017 wrote:
Looking forward to the next KI live then!