Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can more powers be available for Practice Points?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I originally thought that all the powers for different classes could be purchased for Practice Points but recently I discovered I was wrong. I am not asking for all powers to be available for Practice Points but I would like to see more powers become available for Practice Points with a free reset.
What I am proposing is to make 1 more power available from each class available through Practice Points:

Buccaneer - Hold The Line Rank 1
Musketeer - Cloud Spirit
Privateer - Rally
Swashbuckler - Walk In Darkness
Witchdoctor - Shadow Step

Each class would still have powers unavailable to other classes(such as Swashbuckler's Black Fog and Privateer's Blast Of Discord), but this would allow players to better create the perfect pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
I originally thought that all the powers for different classes could be purchased for Practice Points but recently I discovered I was wrong. I am not asking for all powers to be available for Practice Points but I would like to see more powers become available for Practice Points with a free reset.
What I am proposing is to make 1 more power available from each class available through Practice Points:

Buccaneer - Hold The Line Rank 1
Musketeer - Cloud Spirit
Privateer - Rally
Swashbuckler - Walk In Darkness
Witchdoctor - Shadow Step

Each class would still have powers unavailable to other classes(such as Swashbuckler's Black Fog and Privateer's Blast Of Discord), but this would allow players to better create the perfect pirate.
You can get these powers through gear or pet grants without sacrificing a training point.
Hold the Line - some weapons from the Ashes pack.
Walk in Darkness - Auric Peril boots, if you're lucky you can find them in the bazaar.
Shadow Step - Sato's Black Rain Shades or buckler drops from Kane which grants Assassins Stride ( basically the same thing but with an extra perk of making you untargetable to musketeers, but not AoEs. )
Pets can grant Rally or Cloud Spirit.
NO MORE taking away class specific powers through training!!!!!!!
Your class is special & unique, keep it that way!!!!

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
You can get these powers through gear or pet grants without sacrificing a training point.
Hold the Line - some weapons from the Ashes pack.
Walk in Darkness - Auric Peril boots, if you're lucky you can find them in the bazaar.
Shadow Step - Sato's Black Rain Shades or buckler drops from Kane which grants Assassins Stride ( basically the same thing but with an extra perk of making you untargetable to musketeers, but not AoEs. )
Pets can grant Rally or Cloud Spirit.
NO MORE taking away class specific powers through training!!!!!!!
Your class is special & unique, keep it that way!!!!
Each class is vastly different from the others in many, many ways. I don't think making a few more class talents or powers trainable would suddenly change that. Personally, I'm inclined to agree with RRRRZZZZ419. It'd be nice to have a few more (useful) options to use our training points on. Like the first rank of TtT, that would be nice. First rank of First Strike is another good option. Yes there's gear and pets that give these things but everyone knows they're effect is minimal at only the 1st rank, which is why I think being able to train one rank and gain a second through hard morphing or farming work would be nice to have. For any class but a Swashbuckler, a pet that grants First Strike or Riposte isn't all that great, same would go for Vengeance Strike and HtL for any class other than Buccaneers, or Repel Borders for anyone but Privateers. Being able to train a few more rank 1 talents for training points would make the work it takes getting these talents on pets much more worthwhile, in my humble opinion.