Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to spark up the Sparing Chamber once more.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 29, 2015
This an open discussion about what this idea may bring to the sparing chamber. Feel free to include what you think may spark our PvP community once more, and leave feedback on this suggestions below.
  • The PvP community has seemed to die out over the past few months, I believe this is due to the lack of competition. Ranked PvP, while at first was a success, has lost its spark for competition and has become dull- For the only purpose in it for most players was to obtain the Champion Weapons, which many already has. A possible solution to this issue would be something Wizard101 doesn't even have.
  • Guilds/Crews of which players could form alliances with each other to participate in tournaments. In most games players tend to form clans on their own, but this seems to not be the with Pirate101, the activity of clans have died to a minimum. I believe introducing the concept would inspire many to give it a try and overall reform the PvP community. As to how should the Guilds and tournaments should be formed it may require allot of additional features to make players want to participate.
  • The formation of guilds should include the ability to create and request joining guilds/inviting players to join a guild. Creating a guild should allow the leader to name the group and create an extra flag to resemble them. These should also make an appearance on their profile outlook, so others can be aware of which guilds are out there, and make requests (Which could be blocked in the options if anyone wishes to not be bothered). This could possibly be similar to the Group invites, and may even get its own tab.
  • The guilds should have a limit of 8 party members, in order to limit the guilds overall quality. Having extra members allows diversity in classes and provides backup in the case of a no show during tournaments.
  • The tournaments in which these guilds should take part in should be based on the ranking and overall leveling of each guild members. Tournaments should have various options among 2v2 to 4v4, with some having special conditions such as: No Companions, Classic PvP (As such in Wizard101), and even an addition I personally think could be interesting, Ship conquering. Ship conquering could start off as ship PvP of which the first group to reach mid health will be boarded, the goal will be to over throw your enemies ship within a given amount of time. Tournaments would require a large amount of gold or some crowns, and the rewards should be a various amounts of valuables, as such with Wizard101 tournaments.
  • A nice way to introduce this would be by placing a guild board in Avery's Courtyard, next to Mickey Dugan. This board can attribute to players being able to look at guilds that were created and as a way for players to post a wanted list for any specifics.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Shouldn't the Guild Board be placed in Brawlin' Hall as opposed to next to Dugan or would that be out of sight out of mind making next to Dugan the better location? I also want to take the take to post an idea of mine. I think it would be cool to have 4 team combat in addition to 2 team combat. In 4 team combat 16 players could be fighting at once. In addition to red and blue, perhaps the other colors could be Gold and Sliver. I also want to remind people of my idea for a spar chamber at Jonah Town/ Gullet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PrivateersCode on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
This an open discussion about what this idea may bring to the sparing chamber. Feel free to include what you think may spark our PvP community once more, and leave feedback on this suggestions below.
  • The PvP community has seemed to die out over the past few months, I believe this is due to the lack of competition. Ranked PvP, while at first was a success, has lost its spark for competition and has become dull- For the only purpose in it for most players was to obtain the Champion Weapons, which many already has. A possible solution to this issue would be something Wizard101 doesn't even have.
  • Guilds/Crews of which players could form alliances with each other to participate in tournaments. In most games players tend to form clans on their own, but this seems to not be the with Pirate101, the activity of clans have died to a minimum. I believe introducing the concept would inspire many to give it a try and overall reform the PvP community. As to how should the Guilds and tournaments should be formed it may require allot of additional features to make players want to participate.
  • The formation of guilds should include the ability to create and request joining guilds/inviting players to join a guild. Creating a guild should allow the leader to name the group and create an extra flag to resemble them. These should also make an appearance on their profile outlook, so others can be aware of which guilds are out there, and make requests (Which could be blocked in the options if anyone wishes to not be bothered). This could possibly be similar to the Group invites, and may even get its own tab.
  • The guilds should have a limit of 8 party members, in order to limit the guilds overall quality. Having extra members allows diversity in classes and provides backup in the case of a no show during tournaments.
  • The tournaments in which these guilds should take part in should be based on the ranking and overall leveling of each guild members. Tournaments should have various options among 2v2 to 4v4, with some having special conditions such as: No Companions, Classic PvP (As such in Wizard101), and even an addition I personally think could be interesting, Ship conquering. Ship conquering could start off as ship PvP of which the first group to reach mid health will be boarded, the goal will be to over throw your enemies ship within a given amount of time. Tournaments would require a large amount of gold or some crowns, and the rewards should be a various amounts of valuables, as such with Wizard101 tournaments.
  • A nice way to introduce this would be by placing a guild board in Avery's Courtyard, next to Mickey Dugan. This board can attribute to players being able to look at guilds that were created and as a way for players to post a wanted list for any specifics.
Guilds would become an excluding system, P101 is meant to include everyone in any activity they chose to do.
If KI wants to "spark" interest in Ranked PVP again, then Tournaments would be the way to go. I also suggest tournament rewards like trophies, badges, and perhaps making a different weapon that grants a group buff available for PVP Teams.
Making it possible to spectate Ranked PVP matches would be a great boost to Ranked PVP.
Allowing team matches would also help.

Ensign
Oct 29, 2015
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
Shouldn't the Guild Board be placed in Brawlin' Hall as opposed to next to Dugan or would that be out of sight out of mind making next to Dugan the better location? I also want to take the take to post an idea of mine. I think it would be cool to have 4 team combat in addition to 2 team combat. In 4 team combat 16 players could be fighting at once. In addition to red and blue, perhaps the other colors could be Gold and Sliver. I also want to remind people of my idea for a spar chamber at Jonah Town/ Gullet.
The Guild Board alone should be able to draw some interests for new and old players, my reason for having it placed next to Dugan is because it's placed in an area where most players often are. Although the Brawlin' Hall would seem more at home for the Board, it just may not draw as much attention in the long run.
As for the 4 team combat, it is a very well addition that can be among the various tournaments. Although the large amount of players on one battle board could cause trouble, I'd say it should be limited between 2-3 per Guild.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Guilds/Clans wouldn't do anything for the game. The issue with Pirate101 as a whole is in its bases of the target audience and the unwillingness to adapt to a maturing audience. Alongside that interest in pvp will continue to decrease as long as these "new" updates keep to the trend of bringing even more RNG elements into the game. *Stares at haywire weapons* because it seems instead of focussing on actual new and unique things to spice up the game they consistently turn to the lazy RNG development. "Oh need something new, let me slap some number generators here and there, walla you got the brand new super original hit that either does jack all or OHKO's" which definitely can be fun the first time you play it but it really just becomes old for both sides of the party after a bit.

Back to the guilds topic, lets be honest this wouldn't do anything. It would be the same team dominating the game never letting anyone in to do a match. I mean we may as well just slap Phoenix as the cover page and say "ok that's the best team now go try for the 2nd best *cheesy thumbs up*". Also tournaments would be a disaster right now due to the games huge balancing issues.

Ranked pvp died because KI doesn't bother to even acknowledge boosting or do anything about it so because it never goes punished large portions of the players just do it. This leads to an empty queue meaning the only way to rank up is to boost yourself. Endless cycle of no one not boosting. Pretty much you can only get matches up to 200 rank then you're expecting maybe 1 match every other day on average.

To be honest KI needs to focus on getting out new MAIN content this way new players will be interested in checking the game out due, old players will come back, etc. Right now PVP is in a terrible state that no one really enjoys. 5 levels definitely made a change but it was minor so the time it will make things fresh was worn thin. 10 levels would be the only real way to liven up the community again. or 2v2+ ranked

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
Guilds/Clans wouldn't do anything for the game. The issue with Pirate101 as a whole is in its bases of the target audience and the unwillingness to adapt to a maturing audience. Alongside that interest in pvp will continue to decrease as long as these "new" updates keep to the trend of bringing even more RNG elements into the game. *Stares at haywire weapons* because it seems instead of focussing on actual new and unique things to spice up the game they consistently turn to the lazy RNG development. "Oh need something new, let me slap some number generators here and there, walla you got the brand new super original hit that either does jack all or OHKO's" which definitely can be fun the first time you play it but it really just becomes old for both sides of the party after a bit.

Back to the guilds topic, lets be honest this wouldn't do anything. It would be the same team dominating the game never letting anyone in to do a match. I mean we may as well just slap Phoenix as the cover page and say "ok that's the best team now go try for the 2nd best *cheesy thumbs up*". Also tournaments would be a disaster right now due to the games huge balancing issues.

Ranked pvp died because KI doesn't bother to even acknowledge boosting or do anything about it so because it never goes punished large portions of the players just do it. This leads to an empty queue meaning the only way to rank up is to boost yourself. Endless cycle of no one not boosting. Pretty much you can only get matches up to 200 rank then you're expecting maybe 1 match every other day on average.

To be honest KI needs to focus on getting out new MAIN content this way new players will be interested in checking the game out due, old players will come back, etc. Right now PVP is in a terrible state that no one really enjoys. 5 levels definitely made a change but it was minor so the time it will make things fresh was worn thin. 10 levels would be the only real way to liven up the community again. or 2v2+ ranked
What's boosting? I've never heard that term used in PvP before.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:

Although I agree about most of your points, Techno; I must point out that KI has instituted a punishment for those boosting by refusing matches - there is now a time out for refusing a match. It took a while to do this mainly because they were unaware of this problem until it was pointed out by the dedicated PVPers ( such as yourself ).
I'll ask you this:
Do you think that Crafting ( with the potential to bring new gear with stats and powers ) bring more players into the game and the PVP arena?
Would spectating of Ranked matches spark interest for those who are completely new to the concept of player vs. player if they could get an over-all view of a match? ( Instead of the chaotic mess in the Spar Chamber? )
Would another Event for Crowns get players motivated?
If KI can defeat the glitches in a team match, would this cause interest?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
The game needs new story content.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
Guilds would become an excluding system, P101 is meant to include everyone in any activity they chose to do.
If KI wants to "spark" interest in Ranked PVP again, then Tournaments would be the way to go. I also suggest tournament rewards like trophies, badges, and perhaps making a different weapon that grants a group buff available for PVP Teams.
Making it possible to spectate Ranked PVP matches would be a great boost to Ranked PVP.
Allowing team matches would also help.
I think team match-ups and tournaments would be great. As far as guilds go, these will form whether it is a built-in feature of the game or not and if ranked doesn't accommodate them, it will just spill over into the spar chamber as it has in the past. This scenario, however, isn't as satisfying for the guilds as being 'officially' recognized by the game would be and seems like a lost opportunity to me. I know of several pvp clans/guilds and it is rare for any who have the interest to be excluded. The pvp community (which I am not really that involved in) is good for the game, because typically they are the ones out grinding for gear and that requires membership or the purchasing of an area with crowns. Efforts should be made to accommodate all, especially a segment that is obviously vital to the overall 'health' of the game. I'm sure features could be included to prevent interested parties from feeling excluded.