Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 - Level 65+ Witchdoctor Gear

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 07, 2011
So a few questions:

1.) Should I wait until level 70 to get my new gear or should I start farming for my new gear at level 65?

2a.) If you answered level 70, which gear and from where should I get it? (Be specific with the names please)
2b.) If you answered level 65, is the level 70 gear not as good as the level 65? If so, which gear and from where should I get it? (Be specific with the names please)

Ensign
May 07, 2011
LegendSaab on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
So a few questions:

1.) Should I wait until level 70 to get my new gear or should I start farming for my new gear at level 65?

2a.) If you answered level 70, which gear and from where should I get it? (Be specific with the names please)
2b.) If you answered level 65, is the level 70 gear not as good as the level 65? If so, which gear and from where should I get it? (Be specific with the names please)
Can someone help me with this please? I need to know which gear to get and from where....

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
sadly i have no advice on this since my witch is melee combo.. its not a generally preferred version for a witchdoctor(because of lack of stat supporting gear as well as weapon issues being low powered or just not functioning like someone would hope) but i didnt want you to feel ignored so i decided to post :) i really hope someone other than me will answer your question soon

hugs and homemade cookies until then

stormy jen silver

Ensign
Apr 04, 2014
The best witchie gear is from the Tower of moo manchuu. You can acces that area only through a sidequest called the shadow of moo manchu which is given by Lord Chagatai in subata in mooshu (the prequest you have to do for it is called the moo manchuurian candidate ). If you get to the dungeon choose "team up" and wait for four players since the tower is too hard to solo on a witch. As you go by and do multiple runs you'll start getting gear that provides powers like jobu's embrace and mournsong which are amazing abilities.
There are some nice accesories you can get from the tower - Mask of the Lotus, Death's bargain and Baron Samedi's mask
The best pieces of gear for witch in the tower are the nefarious staff which you get from the eight floor and the staff of power which you get from the last floor

Other places to farm good gear are these
•Marco Pollo's tomb in the catacombs in Granchia in Valencia - there you'll fight some clockworks and if you defeat the captains you'll automaticly win. The only piece of gear that is worth it from there is Phule's wand. It does very little damage but it has six range which means you can cast spells throughout the entire field.

•Captain blood's robe - you can lay extremely deadly flames on the field with it. You can get it by defeating captain blood in the miranda dungeon in the Haunted skyway in cool ranch.

And to answer your question, no curently the best pieces for witch are the one i pointed out in this post and you can get them at level 65

Happy farming!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
The Best Weapon is the Nefarious Staff, imo, it gives Jobu's Ruse and summon scorpions, which can be useful for strategies in Valencia part II,
Favorite Robe, is Captain Blood's Jacket, as low leveled as It is, the blood flames make up for it
rest of the gear, is a mix of kane/moo machu I guess.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Feb 27, 2017 wrote:
The Best Weapon is the Nefarious Staff, imo, it gives Jobu's Ruse and summon scorpions, which can be useful for strategies in Valencia part II,
Favorite Robe, is Captain Blood's Jacket, as low leveled as It is, the blood flames make up for it
rest of the gear, is a mix of kane/moo machu I guess.
Don't forget to combine Blood Flames with Old Scratch's Mojo Flow for maximum damage!
Personally, I prefer the Staff of Power dropped by Moo which has a better range and grants Mojo Mastery.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2013
You never really said if you were looking for gear for PVE or PVP.

For PVE the only thing that I would spend a lot of time farming for is Captain Blood's Jacket. Pretty much everything else you will need is in Moo Manchu or Kane battles. Maybe get a pet that grants Kraken and a group heal.

PVP on witch requires a little more work.
Since you aren't prepared to take a beating, you will need to farm for ways to protect yourself.
You'll spend time in Cool Ranch, Johnny Ringo drops a charm and a ring and both grant Valor's Armor.
If you don't have soul shroud, there is a levy eye patch in Aquila at Zeena and Medusa.
Friar Sand drops the Iron Skin Hat and it has a levy. He also has a totem with a Levy.
The Robe of Houdini is dropped by several bosses in Marleybone and it is grants Valor's Fortress.

Hope this helps.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
The following is from someone who almost exclusively plays PVE, as PVP just isn't my thing.

What you're farming for is dependant on the play style you're aiming for. If you want to play the summoner style, then the nefarious staff from the tower of power as well as a hydra fang from aquila is what you want (there's 4 different types that may drop, all with stygian chorus and minimum +7 weapon damage).

However, if you want to passively rain death my buffing on your turn then punish the enemy for moving on their turn, then invest in the witchdoctor and musketeer secret trainers in devilfish hollow whilst farming the dreadnaught for a shooty/staffy weapon, sniping the Bazaar for a shooty/staffy weapon, or if you can spare the crowns, take a gamble for the orb of nefarious death (with a lvl 70 pirate).

Apart from that, I recommend looking into (based on what's sitting in my bank until I hit the levels/I'm currently rocking):

Hat:
Hat of Houdini (+Great Juju, +12 will)
The Sage/Wushi gear from the Tower of Power (+Mournsong, +Mojo Storm, +Will, +Magic resist {MR})
Theoricus' Turban (+Mojo Blade, +8 MR)

Coat:
Blood's Jacket (+blood's flames [OP], +28 MR, +8 will, +8 strength)
Fabris Greatcoat (+Widow's Touch, +base will rank, +14 will, +52 MR)
Hades' Exomis (+Whale's Might, +12 will, +42 MR)
Agrippa Greatcoat (+heat metal, +widow's touch, +14 will, +52 MR)

Boots:
Tarantula's Wraps (+mojo blast, +9 will)

Accessory:
Eyepatch of recuperation (+revive, +8 MR)
Tiresias' Clairvoyant Patch (+Leviathan's call, +9 MR)

Totem:
Dutchman's Sapphire Charm (+Ghostwale, +5% mojo power)
Friar Sand's Medallion (+summon lagooney, +6 dodge, +53 health)

Charms:
Right Hand Amulet (+mournsong, +mojo storm, +10 MR)

Rings:
Ring of Athena (+rallying call, +9 MR)
Ring of the Chimera (+mournsong, +9 MR)
Sapphire Aztecosaur Ring (+base Mojo Power, +rouse)

Mount:
Slowpoke Sloth on April Fool's Day (for the lulz and dat scenery XD).

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
If all you're ever going to do is PVE, you can't go wrong with tower gear. Blood Flames would be a nice touch, but if you have the Nefarious Staff, the scorpions usually serve well enough to keep your enemies busy while you buff up and then wipe them out with Mournsongs and Mojo Storms. If you want to give PVP a try, add Valor's Fortress, Valor's Armor and at least one Revive to your Tower Gear and you'll be quite competitive.