Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Yuletide Ki-rin eyes-Green would have been better

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think that the Holiday Ki-rin looks really cool, but the red eyes just say Demonic, like the Nefarious eyes, not Yuletide.

So, I'd like to suggest that the glowing eye color be changed to green, or possibly gold, to make it more festive than evil.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
I think that the Holiday Ki-rin looks really cool, but the red eyes just say Demonic, like the Nefarious eyes, not Yuletide.

So, I'd like to suggest that the glowing eye color be changed to green, or possibly gold, to make it more festive than evil.

I vote for Gold.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I think this suggestion is an excellent one. I do like the new ki-rin, but those eyes do remind me of a certain other very naughty ki-rin.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I vote for silver. With the red and white-ish color scheme already in play on the ki-rin, a snowy white glow would be more logical than gold. Green would probably just detract from the overall effect.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:

Not a bad idea at all, green is classic Christmas but gold would look cool as well I'm sure.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
I think this suggestion is an excellent one. I do like the new ki-rin, but those eyes do remind me of a certain other very naughty ki-rin.

-Indigo
Maybe it should be a Krampus Ki-rin?

Ensign
Jun 22, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
Maybe it should be a Krampus Ki-rin?
Ooh, I like that image.

Tom mentioned this thread on the KI Live, but they didn't seem too keen on green eyes. They talked more about changing the horn, so TWO horns and a Krampus Ki-rin, maybe?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I just thought I would revive this discussion after placing my Yuletide Ki-rin in my cabin for the summer and watching it for a couple of minutes.

Those red eyes are actually beginning to bother me about this mount. I don't have the Corrupted Ki-rin mount, so I cannot see them side-by-side, but I really, truly think that the Yuletide eyes need to be ANY other color than red.

PLEASE!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
I just thought I would revive this discussion after placing my Yuletide Ki-rin in my cabin for the summer and watching it for a couple of minutes.

Those red eyes are actually beginning to bother me about this mount. I don't have the Corrupted Ki-rin mount, so I cannot see them side-by-side, but I really, truly think that the Yuletide eyes need to be ANY other color than red.

PLEASE!
The Corrupted Ki-Rin is grey and white. ( with the glowy red eyes ) I wish it could be any other color than red.
What about the ones who like their Yule Tide Ki-Rin with red eyes? If KI changed the eye color, they would be disappointed.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 13, 2017 wrote:
The Corrupted Ki-Rin is grey and white. ( with the glowy red eyes ) I wish it could be any other color than red.
What about the ones who like their Yule Tide Ki-Rin with red eyes? If KI changed the eye color, they would be disappointed.
I honestly haven't seen anyone say that they DO like the red eyes... have you?

I also have the Thunderous Ki-rin, which has normal, non-glowing, eyes, and even that would be better than the demonic red glow that the Yuletide currently has. If the eyes must stay red, I can accept that, but it will just be a less-than-favorite Mount in a house.

Anyone prefer the red

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i prefer dyeable? if only the glow i feel it would be better for personalization, plus open up a feature much hope-for in this game for the future :3 my current one i'm happy with though he seems quite hungry always growling "grass" at me.. >.> otherwise white to go with rest of mount..

stormy jen silver