Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Forging & glyphs New crafting plan!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
heres my plan for a crafting and jewel like system for pirate:
Forges- An item similar to a crafting table, but a forge has a few differences, you make items and gear with it but that's not all. You start forging at level 20, and you take a quest every 10 levels to upgrade its rank it transforms and gets cooler looking with each increase in rank (if you like an older look better than a new one, there's a switch in the back to make it look like ones of its older forms, same rank old look). It also gets 10 forging glyph slots every 5 levels, in the in between levels I.e. 25, 45 etc, you get notified by a glow in the notches of your forge at that level that the new slots have come in and you will find out what slots mean down below. Also at rank 40 the forge will turn from an aboveground station into a underground base signified by a trapdoor like the smugglers arena.

Glyphs-a glyph is like a jewel from wizard, but different, a glyph is an ancient symbol that gives unique power to whatever it's placed on. Glyphs have five different types:
green, which gives talents.
Blue, which gives stats like health-armor-resist etc.
red, which give powers.
Orange, which gives forges reduced waiting times and the ability to enhance weapons and items that get forged in them.
Black or curse, which are afflictions your weapons can put on the enemy
Glyphs can be found in certain places around the spiral and will always drop in dungeons 100% of the time, but if you get it from a dungeon you'll only keep it if you beat the boss. Bear in mind glyphs are mysterious, you won't know what one does just because you have it, you'll need to activate it by putting it in a slot (hence why the forge has so many) a forges slot can accompany any type of glyph. Slots exist on items and have different looks depending on the glyph their meant to hold, also when you go to your forge to input a glyph you have to do a short mini game (don't worry it'll be fun) you can input all of your glyphs into the item at once via this game, and depending on your score you can even lower (or raise) the time needed for the glyphs to activate. Each glyph will require 30 minutes before it activates, a glyph also can't be input if the forge used is of a lower rank than the glyph (glyphs will have ranks) it has to be equal to or higher than the glyphs rank. when you remove a glyph your weapon becomes inert for 2 days. forge glyphs can be pieced together into a special form of glyphs called relics, relics use 3-5 specific glyphs to form and have ability to separately enhance any item forged. For example if I have a 5 glyph damage relic, I can put it in my forge and any weapon forged will come out with 10 more damage then it had, permanently! This is also how curses work, there are no ordinary glyphs for a weapons curse slot, to fill it, you have to create a curse relic and put it in your forge then place you weapon there (forges have slots to hold weapons to) and more will be explained down below.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
When the item is in contact with a forge which has a curse relic in it the curse relic places the curse you want in the weapon. Basically it takes 3-5 curse glyphs to make a curse, crafted items are unique in that they will give you the option of what types of slots your item will have, like if you want to make a totem, you can choose whether or not It will can have 3 stat glyphs or 2 power glyphs or whatever you want this is a trait only crafted items can have.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Interesting concept; I like it a lot. It'd bring a lot more customization and variety to the weapons available. However, based on the systems in place within the game already I feel like it might be just a little too complicated to be able to permanently adjust every weapon unless there's a separate group of weapons in each level set that can be tweaked to specific preferences. The wait times to use items also seem a bit unnecessary; a cooldown on the forge itself would be more reasonable so you couldn't constantly crank out new weapons or change items. Other than that I'd love to see a gear enhancement feature like this.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
I was thinking it would work in a sort of layered fashion, sure you could just grab a glyph, test it, and jam it into your weapon any day of the week. But if you wanted something a little more, it's not going to be to difficult to get that. But I do see your point, and I think a cool down on the forge could clear up a lot of room.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Is anyone gonna comment, I want to know if a system like this could work in pirate. I would want it to also be simplified or easier to digest.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
i really hope this gets you attention @ratbeard