Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mojo Burn should attack all enemy units

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
I don't think i'm the first to suggest this, but why doesn't Mojo Burn damage the entire enemy team, much like Heated Metal does? Mojo Burn is very underpowered in my opinion, a ghostwail would do around the same overall damage, if not more. This is a level 70 witchdoctor power?

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense for it to affect more than just one target? I realize this would do more damage than Heated Metal, but Witchdoctors have always thrived with AOE attacks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CuriousWitch on Nov 3, 2016 wrote:
I don't think i'm the first to suggest this, but why doesn't Mojo Burn damage the entire enemy team, much like Heated Metal does? Mojo Burn is very underpowered in my opinion, a ghostwail would do around the same overall damage, if not more. This is a level 70 witchdoctor power?

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense for it to affect more than just one target? I realize this would do more damage than Heated Metal, but Witchdoctors have always thrived with AOE attacks.
If you think it's under-powered you're not utilizing it's full potential. Use Old Scratch to buff it and target the enemy with the most mojo ( Witchdoctors ).
Why should it attack more than one target when this is a specific attack against a specific kind of enemy?

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2016 wrote:
If you think it's under-powered you're not utilizing it's full potential. Use Old Scratch to buff it and target the enemy with the most mojo ( Witchdoctors ).
Why should it attack more than one target when this is a specific attack against a specific kind of enemy?
1. You can't use Old Scratch's buff on it. It's does as much damage as the Target's Mojo. I think you thought it did as much damage as Your Mojo.

2. What do you mean by "specific kind of enemy"? Heated Metal does essentially the same thing as Mojo Burn does, except with Armor instead of Mojo. Why can't Mojo Burn just do the same?

You know what's painfully ironic? Buccaneers and Privateers both got powers that affected the entire ally team or the enemy team, with Triton's Chorus and Blast of Discord. Am I the only one that thinks since Witchdoctors got the Charm power, the next in line would be something similar to Blast of Discord? I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but why does it seem like WD continue to get the short end of the stick? It seems like the only ones that realizes this are the Witchdoctors themselves.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CuriousWitch on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
1. You can't use Old Scratch's buff on it. It's does as much damage as the Target's Mojo. I think you thought it did as much damage as Your Mojo.

2. What do you mean by "specific kind of enemy"? Heated Metal does essentially the same thing as Mojo Burn does, except with Armor instead of Mojo. Why can't Mojo Burn just do the same?

You know what's painfully ironic? Buccaneers and Privateers both got powers that affected the entire ally team or the enemy team, with Triton's Chorus and Blast of Discord. Am I the only one that thinks since Witchdoctors got the Charm power, the next in line would be something similar to Blast of Discord? I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but why does it seem like WD continue to get the short end of the stick? It seems like the only ones that realizes this are the Witchdoctors themselves.
"Painfully ironic"?
Well, neither Swashbucklers or Musketeers got a trained power - we got talents. Witches, Bucks and Privys OTH got a power, so I would say you're ahead in the power game.
1. Perhaps I did.
2. Most enemies have some kind of armor, not all enemies have mojo.

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
If you ever think Witchdoctors are underpowered, take a moment to realize that they are, but muskets are even worse off. Not that anybody says this.

Matthew Walker

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
anecorbie on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
"Painfully ironic"?
Well, neither Swashbucklers or Musketeers got a trained power - we got talents. Witches, Bucks and Privys OTH got a power, so I would say you're ahead in the power game.
1. Perhaps I did.
I meant that it was ironic in the sense that Witchdoctors are supposed to be the school that is the most spell/power based, and buccaneers got a power through gear that is a protection spell for the entire ally team (which would have made more sense for privateers), and privateers got a power that, in my opinion, would make more sense for WD, maybe as the next in line for charm or something similar to that effect. Triton's Chorus and Blast of Discord didn't quite fit their school's description, and it seems that witches got a power that, possibly outside of PVP, didn't really help or do much at all.

I'm just suggesting another look at it. It really is underpowered, for a level 70 power at least. Most witchdoctors I've met or had the chance to talk to had the same first impression as me: Really? This is it?

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
HoodooNerd on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
If you ever think Witchdoctors are underpowered, take a moment to realize that they are, but muskets are even worse off. Not that anybody says this.

Matthew Walker
I don't know about that. I love the Musketeer class, it was the easiest to play in my opinion. Great companions, great powers, nice gear. Are you speaking more in terms of PVP?

Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
I have yet to get to Mojo Burn on my Witchdoctor, but I've seen some people (including me) trained Spooky 2 on their Musketeers.

From,

Sly Colin Voss, Lv. 70
Charming Quinn Brewster, Lv. 65

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
anecorbie on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
"Painfully ironic"?
1. Perhaps I did.
I know this is a bit late, I apologize, I've been backed up on schoolwork lately but I did forget to mention something.

You stated that "not all enemies have mojo". I did some tests, and it seems that's incorrect. All enemies DO have Mojo (or spell power), even the troggies in skull island have a little. So I still don't understand why this power COULDN'T work like Heated Metal, not necessarily that it should. It's still underpowered. Assassin's stride, Triton's Chorus, Blast of Discord and Firstmate's Boon, all great and useful powers. Mojo Burn could use a lot of improvement.

Just because Witchdoctors got a power, doesn't mean that I can't point out it's lack of usefulness, and ask for a change to it. The other schools' powers were great, this one is simply not.