Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Group Plunder Chests

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Has any more thought been given to the frustration felt when a pirate finds a Group Plunder chest inside a non-teleport instance, or just soloing with no other friends online? I'd really love to be able to find a way to "pick the lock" and earn even a portion of the loot - one doubloon and half the gold, etc.

What about adding a game like Shock a Lock or Catch a Key (from Wizard101's Silver Chests) that would be triggered after a single pirate clicks on the Group Plunder Chest a few times? It seems like we should be able to resourceful that way, and would make many pirates happy to see those locks rather than annoyed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:
Has any more thought been given to the frustration felt when a pirate finds a Group Plunder chest inside a non-teleport instance, or just soloing with no other friends online? I'd really love to be able to find a way to "pick the lock" and earn even a portion of the loot - one doubloon and half the gold, etc.

What about adding a game like Shock a Lock or Catch a Key (from Wizard101's Silver Chests) that would be triggered after a single pirate clicks on the Group Plunder Chest a few times? It seems like we should be able to resourceful that way, and would make many pirates happy to see those locks rather than annoyed.

Or in the cases of the non-teleport zone or solo adventurer, not have them appear at all.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
What a wonderful idea. Its not like the treasures in group plunder are super rare.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 30, 2016 wrote:
Or in the cases of the non-teleport zone or solo adventurer, not have them appear at all.
Aye, that was my first thought, way back when, but something about the programming means it must be allowed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have been begging for lock picks ever since they were implemented. After all, what is more nefarious than a pirate that can pick locks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
Or use Ratbeard's solution - Blow It Up!
I'm sure there's no problem a little bit of explosives couldn't fix.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 1, 2016 wrote:
Or use Ratbeard's solution - Blow It Up!
After all: it always works!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Marleybone073 on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
I'm sure there's no problem a little bit of explosives couldn't fix.
I wouldn't want to blow up my treasure with the box!!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
I wouldn't want to blow up my treasure with the box!!

Yes that would be a problem wouldn't it...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Marleybone073 on Nov 3, 2016 wrote:
Yes that would be a problem wouldn't it...
Just enough to blow the locks off, a pinch should do it.....