Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Here's an easy way to solo Kane!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Hey guys! Long time since I posted lol. But yesterday... I soloed Kane... and brought shame to him! I used a simple strategy that you can call "Lazy" lol. Anyways here's what it is. You go ahead and make sure to bring Old Scratch into battle and 2 rallying calls.
First Round: Pirate fogs, Scratch uses Mojo Flow, El Toro uses his Espirit, and Fan uses her Cloud Spirit.
Second Round: Pirate uses either Great Juju or Rallying Call, Scratch uses Mo Mojo Flow, and Fan uses her Grand Shadowdance. El Toro can just stay idle.
Third Round: Pirate uses Rallying Call, Scratch uses Flow Mojo Flow, and Fan and El Toro stay idle.
Fourth Round: Use Assassin's Shroud (or Gloom can't remember lol) on the most enemies as possible (for me, I was able to poison the Queen, Bishop, 2 Deacons, and Rooke). And guess what... This deals 1000 damage per turn! In 5 turns, these troops will be dead. So you may be asking "what about Kane and the other Rooke and the Armada troops?" Well, send out Fan to take out the Armada Marine, Scratch just summons his skeleton for extra distraction, and El Toro will go after Rooke.
After the fourth round, you could use hide on your character (which I did in case something went wrong) but that leaves your four allies open. Just send out your companions to take out Rooke and Armada Marine if they're not dead yet. So as soon as your companions drop dead, DONT DO ANYTHING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR HIDE! Just heal if needed, buff, put shields ok yourself. In about the 9th round, (for me, Queen, Bishop, both Deacons, and a Rooke died from the poison. This is where you come in. If the Rooke and Armada Marine didn't die, but your companions did, just make sure to take out Rooke while in hidden as he's dangerous. This is where your Kraken and Fort comes in, (make sure you use them while in hidden) Kane can do 1,800 damage, but with both a Fort and Kraken, he only hits for 450 instead, if you do get down to Elusive 2 and/or Elusive 3, it's gg for Kane. And voila! That's how I soloed Kane! No henchmen, no doubloons, nothing like that.
Some Notes to Keep in Mind
-Make sure to bring Fan, Scratch, and Toro
-Make sure to have gear that gives Valor's Fortress, Kraken's Lament, Great Juju and/or Rallying Call.
-DO NOT HAVE CHEAP SHOT TRAINED OR THIS COULD MESS YOU UP COMPLETELY!!!
-You can use doubloons (I didn't cause I didn't have any :P)
-Have Fog first in your Powers List. (If you don't get it first, use A) Shadowdance or Grand Shadowdance B) Just hide yourself (Or use Gallant Defense if your dodge is around 195 like me).
That's all guys! Good luck and never give up!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Sep 15, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys! Long time since I posted lol. But yesterday... I soloed Kane... and brought shame to him! I used a simple strategy that you can call "Lazy" lol. Anyways here's what it is. You go ahead and make sure to bring Old Scratch into battle and 2 rallying calls.
First Round: Pirate fogs, Scratch uses Mojo Flow, El Toro uses his Espirit, and Fan uses her Cloud Spirit.
Second Round: Pirate uses either Great Juju or Rallying Call, Scratch uses Mo Mojo Flow, and Fan uses her Grand Shadowdance. El Toro can just stay idle.
Third Round: Pirate uses Rallying Call, Scratch uses Flow Mojo Flow, and Fan and El Toro stay idle.
Fourth Round: Use Assassin's Shroud (or Gloom can't remember lol) on the most enemies as possible (for me, I was able to poison the Queen, Bishop, 2 Deacons, and Rooke). And guess what... This deals 1000 damage per turn! In 5 turns, these troops will be dead. So you may be asking "what about Kane and the other Rooke and the Armada troops?" Well, send out Fan to take out the Armada Marine, Scratch just summons his skeleton for extra distraction, and El Toro will go after Rooke.
After the fourth round, you could use hide on your character (which I did in case something went wrong) but that leaves your four allies open. Just send out your companions to take out Rooke and Armada Marine if they're not dead yet. So as soon as your companions drop dead, DONT DO ANYTHING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR HIDE! Just heal if needed, buff, put shields ok yourself. In about the 9th round, (for me, Queen, Bishop, both Deacons, and a Rooke died from the poison. This is where you come in. If the Rooke and Armada Marine didn't die, but your companions did, just make sure to take out Rooke while in hidden as he's dangerous. This is where your Kraken and Fort comes in, (make sure you use them while in hidden) Kane can do 1,800 damage, but with both a Fort and Kraken, he only hits for 450 instead, if you do get down to Elusive 2 and/or Elusive 3, it's gg for Kane. And voila! That's how I soloed Kane! No henchmen, no doubloons, nothing like that.
-Make sure to have gear that gives Valor's Fortress, Kraken's Lament, Great Juju and/or Rallying Call.
-Have Fog first in your Powers List. (If you don't get it first, use A) Shadowdance or Grand Shadowdance B) Just hide yourself (Or use Gallant Defense if your dodge is around 195 like me).
Very well done!
But, alas! This strategy will only work for Swashbucklers, other classes don't have Black Fog ( or Fan ).

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2016 wrote:
Very well done!
But, alas! This strategy will only work for Swashbucklers, other classes don't have Black Fog ( or Fan ).
Yeah lol, I thought I put it for Swashbuckler's only

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Merciless Richard ... on Sep 15, 2016 wrote:
Great job! NOW can you tell me how to solo Kane as a ?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JustSomeRandomGame... on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
DuranteRamses87 ( Virtuous Dante Ramsey ) has done it - see his description of needed gear and companions in my post "I Soloed Kane!"

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
JustSomeRandomGame... on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
Lol, I'm working on my Privateer right now. He's currently level 6.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Merciless Richard ... on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
Lol, I'm working on my Privateer right now. He's currently level 6.
Level 66 I mean

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Glad I found this. Was really struggling to find a strategy to solo Kane as a buckler. Thanks again fellow pirate!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
That's cool, but I am a privateer so that wouldn't work for me. It would be nice to have a relative of Fan in the crown shop. Egg Shen, Desd Mike, and Ensign Emmett already have relatives in the crown shop available for pirates who can and can't get them so why not Fan?

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Golden Guardian on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
Glad I found this. Was really struggling to find a strategy to solo Kane as a buckler. Thanks again fellow pirate!
You're very welcome my fellow Swashbuckler! I'm glad this is still helping people!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I found a way to slightly improve your strategy. You use toro and fan's buff very early on and they remain idle while the buff loses its timer. Perhaps you could use their buffs in round 2 or 3 instead so it will carry on for longer.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Golden Guardian on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
I found a way to slightly improve your strategy. You use toro and fan's buff very early on and they remain idle while the buff loses its timer. Perhaps you could use their buffs in round 2 or 3 instead so it will carry on for longer.
Yah I realized that when I tried the strategy again, it works better, especially if you use doubloons to summon in allies.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
This guide has been very helpful for bucklers and I would like to continue asking more questions as well as giving some tips I found. So my question is related to rallying call. Does rallying call boost spell power by any chance? I have been using juju's instead that boost my agility rather than will, and this only makes poison do 500 damage a turn rather than the 1000 you have experienced. So my question is does will boost spell power? And if so what gear do you have that drops rallying call for bucklers?

I also believe I found a vital tip for MELEE companions or pirates, that is if you are a buck or a buckler, that I have been wanting to share for a while- never attack rookie WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN! If you do attack rookie when it is your turn, Kane will simply port right next to Rooke and thus right next to you or your melee companion as well. Then unless you have used a dodge doubloon, you will most certainly die by Kane's deadly frenzy since you are near him and it his go. The way to attack rooke is to not attack him at all, rather he attacks you DURING THE ENEMY TURN and you fight him with vengeance strikes, riposte, repel borders or whatever else you may have. This will result in Kane porting next to rooke however he won't attack you. If this does not make sense just apply what I have said and it will make sense. To put it simply, never attack rooke in your turn. The principle also extends to ranged companions or pirates who are near rooke.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 16, 2017 wrote:
This guide has been very helpful for bucklers and I would like to continue asking more questions as well as giving some tips I found. So my question is related to rallying call. Does rallying call boost spell power by any chance? I have been using juju's instead that boost my agility rather than will, and this only makes poison do 500 damage a turn rather than the 1000 you have experienced. So my question is does will boost spell power? And if so what gear do you have that drops rallying call for bucklers?

I also believe I found a vital tip for MELEE companions or pirates, that is if you are a buck or a buckler, that I have been wanting to share for a while- never attack rookie WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN! If you do attack rookie when it is your turn, Kane will simply port right next to Rooke and thus right next to you or your melee companion as well. Then unless you have used a dodge doubloon, you will most certainly die by Kane's deadly frenzy since you are near him and it his go. The way to attack rooke is to not attack him at all, rather he attacks you DURING THE ENEMY TURN and you fight him with vengeance strikes, riposte, repel borders or whatever else you may have. This will result in Kane porting next to rooke however he won't attack you. If this does not make sense just apply what I have said and it will make sense. To put it simply, never attack rooke in your turn. The principle also extends to ranged companions or pirates who are near rooke.
Rallying Call doesn't boost Spell power, but it can help you get a "critical" poison down on the enemy. Where the poison does double damage from what I've observed. Also, yes that's how Rooke is s'pose to be dealt with, I believe 100%. If you're a Swashbuckler and have high dodge (like really high, like 180+) you can support your companions by removing Kane from being next to them to being next to you when you hit Rooke. Though this could turn out bad (as we all know how Kane loves to cheat accuracy and dodge). I just preferred to let him go after me since I can quite handle him well. But yes, your last paragraph is extremely accurate and a well good strategy on how to deal with Rooke for people out of there. Great job my fellow pirate!