Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What Lurks Beneath Lag

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 29, 2009
I decided to make a new pirate to see all the changes in the game. I made a new witchdoctor and began my journey. I did fine with everything in the game up until the quest What Lurks Beneath-Defeat Haku. That's where it began lagging very badly. It's so bad, that I'm lucky if my pirate gets to take one turn out of 5. I tried to record it but didn't have much luck with doing that(my end). I thought, perhaps its my computer, so I did some fine tuning of my computer and that didn't help. I thought, maybe its this particular pirate, so I grabbed my level 68 Witchdoctor and the same thing happened.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hanamana on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
I decided to make a new pirate to see all the changes in the game. I made a new witchdoctor and began my journey. I did fine with everything in the game up until the quest What Lurks Beneath-Defeat Haku. That's where it began lagging very badly. It's so bad, that I'm lucky if my pirate gets to take one turn out of 5. I tried to record it but didn't have much luck with doing that(my end). I thought, perhaps its my computer, so I did some fine tuning of my computer and that didn't help. I thought, maybe its this particular pirate, so I grabbed my level 68 Witchdoctor and the same thing happened.
What server/realm were you on? I've found that crowded/busy realms generally have the worst lag. Try changing realms to a less busy realm.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Some other things to try.

Empty the cache on all Browsers.

Delete all files in the temporary internet files folder.

Scan your Registry for problems (this may take buying a special program).
Compact your Registry.

Remove all Cookies for sites that you don't use in Browsers like Chrome, Firefox, etc

Restart your computer and it should run faster (especially after deleting the unneeded Cookies).

Ensign
Aug 29, 2009
I always go on Perfect realms and I tried from several different realms. The realms I play on, I'm lucky if I find another pirate wandering about.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Hanamana on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
Foe me the only time it ever skips a turn of mine is when I apply fog, annoyingly often it skips my turn and I become defenseless.