Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about the Pygmy Grey Whale

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Is it a two-pirate mount? It has two saddles, which would imply "yes", but none of the advertising for it mentions that it is. Do we have another case like the mystic skiff where it looks like it should be a multi-pirate mount but isn't?

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I hunted down my pygmy grey whale in Wizard101 and it is a two-player mount (it is identical in appearance to the new Pirate mount). But looking through the Wizard101 crown shop mounts, and thinking about it, the two-player Wizard mounts I can think of all came from card bundles and cannot be bought in the crown shop. So if the P101 PGW is a one-pirate mount despite having two saddles, it is probably because (1) it is a direct physical copy of the Wizard mount and the second saddle stayed and (2) it is a crown shop mount.

Hopefully now that we have a new update and the KI team seems to be focusing more on these two games, Pirate will have a new bundle card soon and maybe then we will see our first two-player mount. Assuming the PGW isn't, which I expect is the case.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
I do not believe that is a two person mount due to no indication in the mount's statistics.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I think you are right, Elijah. After my initial post, when I was looking at Wizard mounts, I did notice that the Wizzy pygmy grey whale, when you mouse over it, clearly indicates it is a two-player mount. So I am pretty sure ours is not, despite the extra saddle (if anyone has it and wants to comment conclusively, please do).

I do appreciate the fact that there seems to be more crossover from Wizard to Pirate and back in terms of pets, mounts and housing items. If KI continues this recent trend it will be to Pirate101's benefit, as those spoiled wizzards have much more stuff than we do.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Indigo Ring on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
I hunted down my pygmy grey whale in Wizard101 and it is a two-player mount (it is identical in appearance to the new Pirate mount). But looking through the Wizard101 crown shop mounts, and thinking about it, the two-player Wizard mounts I can think of all came from card bundles and cannot be bought in the crown shop. So if the P101 PGW is a one-pirate mount despite having two saddles, it is probably because (1) it is a direct physical copy of the Wizard mount and the second saddle stayed and (2) it is a crown shop mount.

Hopefully now that we have a new update and the KI team seems to be focusing more on these two games, Pirate will have a new bundle card soon and maybe then we will see our first two-player mount. Assuming the PGW isn't, which I expect is the case.

-Indigo
Considering that we do have two-person mounts (at least, they are in Wizard101), perhaps they just haven't implemented that sort of mechanic yet.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Maybe at some point in the future they will retroactively make the skiff and the PGW two-player mounts.

-Indigo

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
I'm probably a bit late to this discussion, but I own the PGW and I can conclusively say that it is a one person mount.

Red Lenora Noble, Level 70

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011