Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about Stabby/Staffy Staff of Moo

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 22, 2013
I have acquired this on my swashbuckler. I realized that even though it is a staffy type weapon that Scratch's buff only works when my character is beside Scratch. I assumed it would buff my character anywhere since it was a type of staffy weapon. That's not really a big deal...but since I made an assumption once and was wrong, i didn't want to make the same mistake again.

If I train a pet to grant things like mojo echo or jobu's ruse, will they work with this weapon. I just don't want to waste time with pet training if it's not going to work. Thanks!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
sunnydiana on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
I have acquired this on my swashbuckler. I realized that even though it is a staffy type weapon that Scratch's buff only works when my character is beside Scratch. I assumed it would buff my character anywhere since it was a type of staffy weapon. That's not really a big deal...but since I made an assumption once and was wrong, i didn't want to make the same mistake again.

If I train a pet to grant things like mojo echo or jobu's ruse, will they work with this weapon. I just don't want to waste time with pet training if it's not going to work. Thanks!
You don't have to have a staff equipped in order to use granted powers. The only benefit a staff will give you is a boost from your own Will (buffing by Scratch counts as well) and any extra range boosts and attack pattern the staff might award plus any additional spells the staff might provide.
I think Scratch's boost is limited to a 3x3 box surrounding him so anyone, pet included, that's outside that box won't get the boost.