Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Barnabus Promotions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 16, 2012
When I was level 26 I tried to do Barnabus' first promotion and everything went perfectly until I had yo defeat the dog sergeants in scurvy dog's hideout; somehow I couldn't join any of the fights and I think the color of the dog sergeants' names had something to do with this. And they were green by the way.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
piratedueler101 on Aug 2, 2016 wrote:
When I was level 26 I tried to do Barnabus' first promotion and everything went perfectly until I had yo defeat the dog sergeants in scurvy dog's hideout; somehow I couldn't join any of the fights and I think the color of the dog sergeants' names had something to do with this. And they were green by the way.
Try exiting and re-entering the Scurvy Dog Hideout after checking to make sure you have The Best Defense quest and that your goal is to fight the Dog Sergeants in the Scurvy Dog Hideout.

Also, if you have more than one Pirate, make sure you are on the Pirate that has Barnabus who is ready for his quest promotion.

You are correct that you can't fight NPCs with a Green name or title.

Ensign
Aug 25, 2013
I seen someone with the same troubles, a simple fix is to have a weaker friend go into a fight, and then join them and be sure to do promotions when you get them

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratedueler101 on Aug 2, 2016 wrote:
Did you get the quest to speak to Captain Dan of the Scurvy Dogs? If so, you left Barnabus' promotion too late, you will need the help of Support at KingsIsle to continue. Yes, those Survy Dogs are now friendly NPCs, you can't fight them. Porting into a friend who is battling the Dog Sergeants won't work.