Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Possible, cheat?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
ok this has happened to me 3 times now in pvp, a swashbuckler is hidden and attacks me with a backstab power, yet they stay hidden afterwards! After a following physical attack the hide finally wears off usually, but if they use something like vines or a heal they are still hidden. It is my understanding that when a swash attacks, physical, like with backstab power hide should be negated/wear off...So why is this happening? If it's a bug i think it really should be fixed asap, if it is a player using a hack or cheat, please stop this asap. The first time this happened to me i though it was probably just a fluke, but after seeing 2 more swash players do this, now i wonder. Is their some ability that allows this i don't know about, is this a known bug, or are my instincts correct at this point, telling me this is a cheat/hack? Please look into this kings, something isn't right about it, regardless of the reason for it. thank you.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Covenator1162 on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
ok this has happened to me 3 times now in pvp, a swashbuckler is hidden and attacks me with a backstab power, yet they stay hidden afterwards! After a following physical attack the hide finally wears off usually, but if they use something like vines or a heal they are still hidden. It is my understanding that when a swash attacks, physical, like with backstab power hide should be negated/wear off...So why is this happening? If it's a bug i think it really should be fixed asap, if it is a player using a hack or cheat, please stop this asap. The first time this happened to me i though it was probably just a fluke, but after seeing 2 more swash players do this, now i wonder. Is their some ability that allows this i don't know about, is this a known bug, or are my instincts correct at this point, telling me this is a cheat/hack? Please look into this kings, something isn't right about it, regardless of the reason for it. thank you.
In order for the hide to be removed the swash has to do damage if you have valors armor on you and they attack you and don't do damage then the hide won't be removed. Another possibility is that there's a visual bug

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One question, were you using Valor's Armor with the absorb? If a SB attacks an opponent with VA, the damage gets absorbed by it and doesn't break the hide, this merely weakens that shield. The SB then uses a poison ( vines ) which weakens your shield further ( and poison never breaks a hide ) Healing doesn't break a hide either.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Are you sure it wasn't just a display error that occurs from too much lag on your computer? It is possible that this is a bug, I just haven't ever had it occur on my Swashbuckler. Did it have the same effect on weapon power the time the hide was removed? If it did, then yes it is a bug. Not sure why it would occur, though.

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
If you had an absorb on the hidden will not go away until actual damage is sustained.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
If you had Valor Absorb on, hide might not go away. This is because hide goes away after damage is done to an opponent. Yes, they hit you, but instead they hit your shield.

If you did not have a Valor Absorb on, it might be a bug, or cheating. Although, I'm not sure how someone could cheat and make their hidden not go away after attacking.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
You just reminded me of another reason why I dont like pvp, thank you.