Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Change to the Critical System?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
I would like to change the critical system for the game. I don't know if it is already set like this, but I think it would be cool. I would also like to add Ultra and Legendary hits. There should be a critical table. Every few times you level up, your critical increases.

Epic: 0.2 x a conventional attack

Mega: 0.4 x a conventional attack

Super: 0.6 x a conventional attack

Ultra: 0.9 x conventional attack

Legendary: 1.0 x conventional attack

Example of Critical Table (Level 70)

Epic: 16% Mega: 12% Super: 9% Ultra: 3% Legendary: 1%

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
I think it is fine where it stands at the moment.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
The Weather Man on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
I would like to change the critical system for the game. I don't know if it is already set like this, but I think it would be cool. I would also like to add Ultra and Legendary hits. There should be a critical table. Every few times you level up, your critical increases.

Epic: 0.2 x a conventional attack

Mega: 0.4 x a conventional attack

Super: 0.6 x a conventional attack

Ultra: 0.9 x conventional attack

Legendary: 1.0 x conventional attack

Example of Critical Table (Level 70)

Epic: 16% Mega: 12% Super: 9% Ultra: 3% Legendary: 1%
The way I understand it, criticals are governed primarily by your "weapon power" stat... Strength for Bucs, Will for WDs, Agility for Muskies etc. The nearer an enemy's stat is to yours the less likely you are to critical. So in essence there is no set percentage chance to critical... it's variable and based on each individual enemy.
So, IF this is true, a change like what you propose would accomplish nothing except add 2 more levels of critical that would be virtually impossible to hit.
Also, to do it correctly you'd need to consider new Ultra and Legendary hit animations for thousands of different characters. Personally, I'd rather see KI spend some time fixing broken instances than making unnecessary modifications to the game.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
There would have to be new hit types for ultra and legendary, too much work for KI