Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser companions: Dogs of war

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
So, after looking around at some of Lookit Light's old topics, I realized a few things: 1. there is no best companion. 2 there is no such thing as a lesser companion.

So, I decided to bring back these topics.

First up, The war dogs: Gracie Conrad: Privateer, Promotes at lvl 70.

Lucky Jack Russell: privateer, promotes at lvls 21, 43? 70

Springer: privateer, promotes at lvl 68.

Mills: musketeer, promotes at lvl 68

Feel free to discuss these in these topics, stating what you like or the best build ect.

Signed, Cunning Caleb Hawkins, lvl 68

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Amazingshot123 on May 22, 2020 wrote:
So, after looking around at some of Lookit Light's old topics, I realized a few things: 1. there is no best companion. 2 there is no such thing as a lesser companion.

So, I decided to bring back these topics.

First up, The war dogs: Gracie Conrad: Privateer, Promotes at lvl 70.

Lucky Jack Russell: privateer, promotes at lvls 21, 43? 70

Springer: privateer, promotes at lvl 68.

Mills: musketeer, promotes at lvl 68

Feel free to discuss these in these topics, stating what you like or the best build ect.

Signed, Cunning Caleb Hawkins, lvl 68
I thought everyone had forgotten! I mean, I had a bit, too. I guess I'll take a (short) break from ranting to share what I know.

Lucky Jack Russel is, in my opinion, an underutilized BEAST of a fighter. He can learn Relentless 3, has Epic Strike, and a whole slew of other Epic Talents tat you can use. It's possible to mix-and-match his capabilities to fix him into numerous playing styles. Want to be defensive? Give him Repel Borders and Hold the Line. Like hitting and hitting hard? Relentless and Blade Storm.

Private Mills is, admittedly, a bit underwhelming in terms of his Epic Talents, but he can still hold his own in battle. One thing going for him is that he can learn the ever-important combo of Burst Fire 2 and Blade Storm 2. That alone makes him somewhat useful.

And I agree with you. There is no best or worst companion. It depends on your playing style.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
So, the best build for Springer, I would go for: Bladestorm 3, Relentless 2, Vengeance strike 2.
I think that springer is by far the most classy companion. He is simply amazing.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on May 23, 2020 wrote:
I thought everyone had forgotten! I mean, I had a bit, too. I guess I'll take a (short) break from ranting to share what I know.

Lucky Jack Russel is, in my opinion, an underutilized BEAST of a fighter. He can learn Relentless 3, has Epic Strike, and a whole slew of other Epic Talents tat you can use. It's possible to mix-and-match his capabilities to fix him into numerous playing styles. Want to be defensive? Give him Repel Borders and Hold the Line. Like hitting and hitting hard? Relentless and Blade Storm.

Private Mills is, admittedly, a bit underwhelming in terms of his Epic Talents, but he can still hold his own in battle. One thing going for him is that he can learn the ever-important combo of Burst Fire 2 and Blade Storm 2. That alone makes him somewhat useful.

And I agree with you. There is no best or worst companion. It depends on your playing style.
EDIT: For Private Mills, I meant Burst Fire 2 and Double Tap 2. Sorry for any confusion.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Lookit Light on May 23, 2020 wrote:

So, you are the expert on this. (We agree on that Piratelover) . I wanted to know your opinion on Handsome Dan, whom I left out accidentally.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Amazingshot123 on May 28, 2020 wrote:
So, you are the expert on this. (We agree on that Piratelover) . I wanted to know your opinion on Handsome Dan, whom I left out accidentally.
I wouldn't say I'm an expert, I just have a good idea for PvE setups. But I do have Handsome Dan Myself, so I'll share.

Handsome Dan is a little more than your typical Privateer hitter. He has access to the ever-desirable setup of Relentless 2 and Blade Storm 2, with at least three Epic Talents still left over. His other desirable talents include Vengeance Strike, Cheap Shot, and Repel Borders. As well, I have observed that his chance for an Epic Strike seems to be unusually high, enabling him to chain over and over again... pity his Critical animation is one of the longest in the game.

Handsome Dan is the perfect fighter to throw into the middle of the fray. Give him Relentless 2, Blade Storm 2, and Vengeance Strike 2 and he will tear up anything that so much as breathes on him. Or you give him a bit of Repel Borders and Cheap Shot to hit anyone passing by. He also has a convenient Revive skill, so he can patch up anyone in a pinch.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
Lookit Light on May 28, 2020 wrote:
I wouldn't say I'm an expert, I just have a good idea for PvE setups. But I do have Handsome Dan Myself, so I'll share.

Handsome Dan is a little more than your typical Privateer hitter. He has access to the ever-desirable setup of Relentless 2 and Blade Storm 2, with at least three Epic Talents still left over. His other desirable talents include Vengeance Strike, Cheap Shot, and Repel Borders. As well, I have observed that his chance for an Epic Strike seems to be unusually high, enabling him to chain over and over again... pity his Critical animation is one of the longest in the game.

Handsome Dan is the perfect fighter to throw into the middle of the fray. Give him Relentless 2, Blade Storm 2, and Vengeance Strike 2 and he will tear up anything that so much as breathes on him. Or you give him a bit of Repel Borders and Cheap Shot to hit anyone passing by. He also has a convenient Revive skill, so he can patch up anyone in a pinch.
"He also has a convenient Revive skill, so he can patch up anyone in a pinch."

Correction: He co'

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
My bad, I meant to say that he comes with a Rouse ability, not a revive.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
HuskyPatrickGaff on Jun 6, 2020 wrote:
My bad, I meant to say that he comes with a Rouse ability, not a revive.
That... would be correct. I know I said Revive, but I meant this. Rouse. Yes.