Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dear beloved Kingisle team...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 27, 2020
So, let's get the introductions out of the way. I've been playing Pirate101 on and off for 7 whole years now. It's one of my favorite games, and though this sounds cheesy, it raised me in a lot of senses. I could always turn to it when I was bored, upset, or any other negative emotion. I LOVE this game. I adore very part of it. The graphics. The storyline. The characters. The friends. But above all, I love the community. I have never met a more devoted, loving, and wholesome community that cares about a game so much. But that being said...
This.
Game.
Needs.
To.
Be.
Updated.
(And not a new key boss or random side quest, I mean a new world, a main story)
And we all know the reasons why. If Valencia Pt. 2 never happened, which was a very short world btw, we haven't had an actual update since like 2013. That's ridiculous. Honestly. The people that play this game LOVE it with a burning passion, but it seems every time we ask for anything, the big brother W101 gets the extra dime. We can't get anything. Not a single main game update. It feels like we're betrayed year after year, but we still hope and dream. So the small chance KI sees this, know that it's more than just more entertainment, but it's a uncompleted part of our childhood's that needs to be fulfilled.
Sincerely,
Flint

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ShiverMeTimbers200... on May 6, 2020 wrote:
So, let's get the introductions out of the way. I've been playing Pirate101 on and off for 7 whole years now. It's one of my favorite games, and though this sounds cheesy, it raised me in a lot of senses. I could always turn to it when I was bored, upset, or any other negative emotion. I LOVE this game. I adore very part of it. The graphics. The storyline. The characters. The friends. But above all, I love the community. I have never met a more devoted, loving, and wholesome community that cares about a game so much. But that being said...
This.
Game.
Needs.
To.
Be.
Updated.
And we all know the reasons why. If Valencia Pt. 2 never happened, which was a very short world btw, we haven't had an actual update since like 2013. That's ridiculous. Honestly. The people that play this game LOVE it with a burning passion, but it seems every time we ask for anything, the big brother W101 gets the extra dime. We can't get anything. Not a single main game update. It feels like we're betrayed year after year, but we still hope and dream. So the small chance KI sees this, know that it's more than just more entertainment, but it's a uncompleted part of our childhood's that needs to be fulfilled.
Sincerely,
Flint
Welcome to the message boards, ShiverMeTimbers200! YARRRR

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
This.
Game.
Needs.
To.
Be.
Updated.
Sincerely,
Flint
My thoughts exactly. That's what the rest of us have been saying for the past little while. One more voice to the din!

This needs to be addressed. I need to hear the voice of Ratbeard or some other developer. We are not getting the content that Kingsisle has promised us over and over again. Those promises have been broken, we need new ones that will be honestly and dutifully upheld. My trust is waning, please give this to me. Please.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2009
This.
Game.
Needs.
To.
Be.
Updated.
Sincerely,
Flint
I definitely agree. I have been playing this game since it initially came out and let me tell you, I have never played a game with such a captivating storyline. The graphic art, strategic combat mechanism, and the characters beat Wizard101 by a milestone. I know the storyboarding team puts a lot of work into its projects, but the way I see it, the last book leaves the story with so many directions to go in. One of the only reasons why Pirate101 hasn't died to this day, despite the hiatus, is the loyalty of its fanbase. With all due respect, KI owes it to them to at least conclude the storyline with a final book. Even just one year of dedication to this game is all it takes.

If the issue is the storyboarding, why not hit up the pirate community. Create message boards or host contests where fans can pitch in ideas for new worlds, characters, plots, etc. In my eyes, the possibilities are endless.

The story leaves off in Valencia Part 2, which despite its shortness I found to be a very beautifully designed skyway. So many easter eggs such as mysterious undockable islands in Calabria Skyway, or Albion in Marleybone can be utilized in the next book. I catch myself daydreaming a version of the story expansion where we get to see crossover worlds like Polaris, Krokotopia, or even Wizard City, where we enter a total crossover between Wizards and Pirates. Imagine getting to fly the skyways of more W101 worlds or even having a wizard as a companion. The story practically writes itself.

And if the issue is with a story expansion is the design aspect, I am fairly certain there are hundreds of fans with incredible talent willing to submit unsolicited concept art. I have seen so much underrated art from this community from artists with impeccable talent. The ideas never fail.

Ultimately KI, you made your fans fall in love with Pirate, I think that this game can get back on its feet with a little nudge. Use your loyal fans to your advantage!!!
- Sebastian

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Use your loyal fans to your advantage!!!

They are, trust us. We give them money and they spend it on Wizard101. Can't get better used than that!

I'm done. No more money for Pirate from me unless I actually get something for it. Once this subscription expires I will not renew unless there is a miracle.

Even Miracle Mitch can't convince me this game isn't quite dead yet at this point.

Ensign
Dec 24, 2012
I started playing with my kids in 2012 and paid for two subscriptions to allow us to play together.

The three of all completed the story line, myself with multiple pirates. It was such fun and the references throughout to movies and books was awesome.

But, it's been too long.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Lookit Light on May 7, 2020 wrote:
My thoughts exactly. That's what the rest of us have been saying for the past little while. One more voice to the din!

This needs to be addressed. I need to hear the voice of Ratbeard or some other developer. We are not getting the content that Kingsisle has promised us over and over again. Those promises have been broken, we need new ones that will be honestly and dutifully upheld. My trust is waning, please give this to me. Please.
No. Just hearing their voices/seeing their messages means nothing anymore. They've said things plenty of times and we get diddly.

I need to see an actual, honest update. Not another fight aimed at a single level wizard. Not a mount brought over from Wizard. I need to see that actual work has been put into P101.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 15, 2020 wrote:
No. Just hearing their voices/seeing their messages means nothing anymore. They've said things plenty of times and we get diddly.

I need to see an actual, honest update. Not another fight aimed at a single level wizard. Not a mount brought over from Wizard. I need to see that actual work has been put into P101.
Hmm, yes. The promised KI made to keep developing and maintaining this game have been violated. Need proof? Just look at the past three years they have failed to give us anything significant. I recall everyone being excited for September's update, only for it to be some pointless Skeleton Key fights that lost attention within a month.

And while we've been begging, Wizard101 gets a new pack, bundle, and gauntlet! Not to say that those are bad additions to Wizard (I'll admit I'm enjoying them myself), but Pirate101 deserved those additions. Needed them. And it's just more Wizard fodder.

I demand an apology from KI. An apology for three years of nothing short of negligence. And after that, some real attention to this game.

Give me at least this, KI.