Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Strongly conflicted on which crown companion to purchase

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
Basically, I was dead SET on buying Goronado after I beat him and got the medal and unlocked him. I just bought the right amount of crowns to purchase him but now I have all these feelings of regret I might feel after so I've been so conflicted on who should I buy instead.

This is for my Swashbuckler, I know Goronado is great on Buccaneers but I also heard he's good on Swashbucklers so I decided to go for it with my Swashbuckler. But now I don't know if I'm making the right decision buying Goronado so I want peoples opinions on who is a better fit. Right now I'm in the middle of Cool Ranch, I know a ton of people are gonna say "Wait till you're max level" but I'm dead set buying one now since I typically don't PVP often. I want to hear peoples opinions with valid reasons.

I'd greatly appreciate everyones comments!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Racecar101551 on Mar 21, 2020 wrote:
Basically, I was dead SET on buying Goronado after I beat him and got the medal and unlocked him. I just bought the right amount of crowns to purchase him but now I have all these feelings of regret I might feel after so I've been so conflicted on who should I buy instead.

This is for my Swashbuckler, I know Goronado is great on Buccaneers but I also heard he's good on Swashbucklers so I decided to go for it with my Swashbuckler. But now I don't know if I'm making the right decision buying Goronado so I want peoples opinions on who is a better fit. Right now I'm in the middle of Cool Ranch, I know a ton of people are gonna say "Wait till you're max level" but I'm dead set buying one now since I typically don't PVP often. I want to hear peoples opinions with valid reasons.

I'd greatly appreciate everyones comments!
I really do suggest that you wait to purchase a crown shop companion. Cool Ranch is still a bit low leveled in game play, wait a bit.
If you don't want to wait and pvp isn't a factor for buying a companion, then maybe you should look at the early companions that you don't recruit.
The MooShu five "twins"
The Kraken Skulls "twins"
The Presideo "twins"
As a swashbuckler, you'll be naturally recruiting a lot of swashbucklers. While buccaneers are good fit for a swash team; we often lack fire power. There are many very good musketeers that could help you out.
Lefty is especially good, Pepe de Torteaux gets bombs.
Then there are privateer companions. I especially like Sargent Shepard ( Lucky Jack twin ).
This just my opinion, I'm sure you'll get many responses. The choice is ultimately yours.
Good Luck!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Community fansite Final Bastion recently released a post rating the various desirable Crown Shop companions. Try looking there for ideas. Here's a link to the post.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Mar 24, 2020 wrote:
Community fansite Final Bastion recently released a post rating the various desirable Crown Shop companions. Try looking there for ideas. Here's a link to the post.
That post is pvp related, RaceCar101551, has stated that he doesn't pvp often.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Mar 26, 2020 wrote:
That post is pvp related, RaceCar101551, has stated that he doesn't pvp often.
Oh I didn't notice that. Okay, new perspective...

As a Goronado owner, I can say that he's not as glamorous as he first seems. He sure has plenty of raw power and is fun to use, but he doesn't synergize well with a Swachbuckler. However, he may be useful if you can hide him with Black Fog and have him charge.

Let me know if you want my opinion on other alternatives for a PvE player.