Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Haywire Enforcer Set Bugged

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 07, 2010
This weapon and all other Smashy|Shooty weapons are bugged? I've done some testing and gonna list some problems with it.

1st is that melee reactions like Bladestorm only work when the opponent is right next to you, and Relentless doesn't work at all which is weird.

2nd is that you can't use melee powers with it, and you cannot say this is intended when you can use Shield Smash with it.

3rd is that Haywire Shot and Shield Smash has no animations for it, just damage.

Hopefully this gets fixed since right now there's no reason to use this over other weapons, unless you want that useless armor.

Community Leader
I don't think this is much of a glitch at all. The weapon isn't like the other hybrid melee/ranged weapons, which is where you're probably getting confused. If you look carefully, the enforcer set has a weapon range, meaning that it's first and foremost a ranged weapon. This then precludes you from using pure melee powers (with the exception of shield smash, which you have to be able to use) and makes it so that melee epics only trigger at melee range.The only part that's actually a glitch is the animations, and that's been an issue for a while.

I think the real thing you're getting at is that ALL smashy/shooty weapons, not just the enforcer set, are completely useless. They essentially function as normal guns but with a potential for bonus damage if you have smashy weapons 1-2 trained and maybe some extra armor. On a fundamental level, they need a rework.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Jun 07, 2010
Matthew525011 on Feb 2, 2020 wrote:
I don't think this is much of a glitch at all. The weapon isn't like the other hybrid melee/ranged weapons, which is where you're probably getting confused. If you look carefully, the enforcer set has a weapon range, meaning that it's first and foremost a ranged weapon. This then precludes you from using pure melee powers (with the exception of shield smash, which you have to be able to use) and makes it so that melee epics only trigger at melee range.The only part that's actually a glitch is the animations, and that's been an issue for a while.

I think the real thing you're getting at is that ALL smashy/shooty weapons, not just the enforcer set, are completely useless. They essentially function as normal guns but with a potential for bonus damage if you have smashy weapons 1-2 trained and maybe some extra armor. On a fundamental level, they need a rework.
It's still a bug, wdym it isn't? You make 0 sense.

Yes, the weapon is ranged-based initially, but you can use Shield Smash and Fix Bayonets with ranged weapons, so why can't I be able to use other MELEE powers? It can be implemented. Also, Shooty|Stabby and Slashy can use RANGED powers, so what you're saying makes 0 sense. The thing about Bladestorm working only when they're next to you isn't the main problem, it's that some melee epics like Relentless don't trigger at all, which has to be a bug if Bladestorm works, and Relentless and some others don't.

And I did say Shooty|Smashy, lol.