Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Drops from Black Annie Rackham and Vernimius Blightbeard

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Ahoy*, fellow captains!

For those who have been tangling with Black Annie Rackham and/or Vernimius Blightbeard, what exciting drops have you received? Supposedly "they’re guarding some new and shiny treasure."

So far I have fought Black Annie four times, and made buckets of gold, gained a pile of script, collected ebony keys in three of the four fights, but have only found a smattering of gear, none of it new. Have any of you found any unique treasures yet?

This thread is for hoistin' tankards of yum and bragging about your acquisitions from this pair of blackguards.

-Indigo

*What exactly is a hoy, and why is there ever only one of them? What's the plural of hoy? Hoys? Hoyes? Hoyi?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Verminius Blightbeard and Black Anne Rackham Drops a new clothing set called the Blighted Buccaneer set. They don't do much, but they look great for stitching! Also, Verminius Blightbeard drops a special weapon with an ability called Blazing Fire, i think it was. I have no idea what it does, but I've heard it goes in a straight line and leaves fire in it's wake.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That's like asking "What's a ling and why is there only half of them?"

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I got a sword from Vernimius called "Vanguard's Grimblade", which gives 17 armor, does 225 damage, as well as the ability blazing burn. I can confirm this sword is a unique drop.

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
In the times that I’ve done it (I’ve done Rat about 15 times and Anne about 6 times), I didn’t get that great of gear. What I can remember getting was lots of gold (always a blessing), and a mountain load of scrip. I got over 100 alone in one of Anne’s fights! (My scrip increased from about 500 when I hadn’t done any of the fights to over 1,300!) I’m helping contribute to Pirate101’s wiki for drops on these guys, so hopefully we should see some updates there. I did get two haywire weapons from Rat, but I guess that’s as best as it goes for me.

Community Leader
So far, I've seen people getting some new stat gear (aka stitch only gear) from both Blightbeard and Annie. The set is called "Blighted Buccaneer's __" and it has a crown shop logo next to it. This leads me to believe that it will also be a part of the upcoming pack. I've also seen a set of weapons (slashy with a secondary type suited to the class it's intended for) that have a new, but underwhelming power. These too have a crown shop logo and will also probably be in the new pack. Finally, people have reported getting Haywire Weapons from the dragoons in Blightbeard's fight.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks, Matthew. We are still chipping away at Annie, but so far have found nothing unique to her encounter. But it's early days yet, for us.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
my posts on this topic are amazing deleted and don't show on the board.

I have 350+ runs on rat been farming 12-14 hours a day we have seen only 2 new weapons.

The drop table has level 25-55 fluffy gear in it and haywire weapons. This needs some tuning and I will not be farming this any longer until the pool of loot is fixed.

not worth my time

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Interesting that people are reporting some interesting drops from Vernie, but not yet from Annie. Probably not enough data yet to draw any conclusions.

I think they are worth fighting repeatedly so I can add them to my crew!

Thanks for the responses, everyone

-Indigo

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Indigo Ring on Oct 8, 2019 wrote:
Interesting that people are reporting some interesting drops from Vernie, but not yet from Annie. Probably not enough data yet to draw any conclusions.

I think they are worth fighting repeatedly so I can add them to my crew!

Thanks for the responses, everyone

-Indigo
Aye they're worth adding to your Crew! At least, Annie is anyway. She's AMAZING in a PvE setting, tears up everything in her path! (Not so sure about PvP though...) It's worth buying her if you want to blast your foes down a lot, bwahahaha!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
" ...if you want to blast your foes down a lot."

Moi?

-Indigo

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Indigo Ring on Oct 10, 2019 wrote:
" ...if you want to blast your foes down a lot."

Moi?

-Indigo
No, I didn't mean I'd blast you! I was meaning the enemies, particularly the new bosses. Seriously, Black Annie is great against Blightbeard!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
We are working on her... slowly. Our connections to KI have been a bit twitchy of late - I think it is them but it could be us - and we learned the hard way that when fighting Black Annie even a brief interruption = team wipe out. You see the yellow chain, everybody dies.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I think they may have fiddled with Black Annie's drops. We fought her earlier today and she dropped a Doomed Duellist's Tricorne, which is from the new Pirate Nightmare Booster pack. We had not previously received, nor had I seen anyone report, and drops from that pack (which was released after Black Annie showed up with her gang of blackguards). We also received (same fight) a pair of boots, Prancer's Stomper, which are level 65. We had not received anything that high before.

-Indigo

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Indigo Ring on Oct 20, 2019 wrote:
I think they may have fiddled with Black Annie's drops. We fought her earlier today and she dropped a Doomed Duellist's Tricorne, which is from the new Pirate Nightmare Booster pack. We had not previously received, nor had I seen anyone report, and drops from that pack (which was released after Black Annie showed up with her gang of blackguards). We also received (same fight) a pair of boots, Prancer's Stomper, which are level 65. We had not received anything that high before.

-Indigo
My experiences could not be more different. I got 15 level 5 skull island drops. Who programmed this bosses's drops?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Nov 8, 2019 wrote:
My experiences could not be more different. I got 15 level 5 skull island drops. Who programmed this bosses's drops?
If the programmers are using the Skull Island drop table, then that's entirely possible.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
That is weird, chiliman. We have now defeated Black Annie 21 times, and have never had a drop that low level. I think the lowest we have seen is level 50.

We still have not seen anything that seems unique to Black Annie. Don't know if that is because there isn't one, or just because we haven't been lucky yet.

-Indigo