Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Shooty Slashy weapon question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
I'm trying to use shooty / slashy with my buccaneer.

However, I see:

- the Helios set in the crown store has AGI version up to L70, but STR version up to L60 only
- Haywire weapon is AGI only

Is there any L70 shooty slashy combo weapon that uses strength?

Community Leader
Haywire Swashbuckler set from the Ashes of the Armada dungeon is based off strength, as long as your highest stat is strength

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Geohoho on Feb 23, 2019 wrote:
I'm trying to use shooty / slashy with my buccaneer.

However, I see:

- the Helios set in the crown store has AGI version up to L70, but STR version up to L60 only
- Haywire weapon is AGI only

Is there any L70 shooty slashy combo weapon that uses strength?
I don't think so.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Feb 26, 2019 wrote:
Haywire Swashbuckler set from the Ashes of the Armada dungeon is based off strength, as long as your highest stat is strength
IF you manage to find the Deadnaught and IF you manage to get inside and IF you get lucky in a drop.... otherwise, nope.

Community Leader
anecorbie on Feb 27, 2019 wrote:
IF you manage to find the Deadnaught and IF you manage to get inside and IF you get lucky in a drop.... otherwise, nope.
The first two things aren't a tough ask, people are fairly frequently searching for the dreadnaught and often use social media such as discord to announce when they find it in order to get a team (or they just go into the spar chamber or Avery's court in a populated realm and announce it there). The third part describes every no auction drop in this game, ever. I don't see why you're being so pessimistic

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Feb 28, 2019 wrote:
The first two things aren't a tough ask, people are fairly frequently searching for the dreadnaught and often use social media such as discord to announce when they find it in order to get a team (or they just go into the spar chamber or Avery's court in a populated realm and announce it there). The third part describes every no auction drop in this game, ever. I don't see why you're being so pessimistic
Because that is the only max level strength based combo that Geohoho can get - there are no other alternatives.

Community Leader
anecorbie on Mar 1, 2019 wrote:
Because that is the only max level strength based combo that Geohoho can get - there are no other alternatives.
If he's fine with shooty stabby instead of shooty slashy (there's no difference in base weapon power and the vast majority of bucks train both stabby and slashy 2, meaning there's no difference in actual weapon power) there's a second alternative from the dreadnaught. I don't think it's at all unrealistic to get one of those two weapons in a reasonable amount of time, especially since he can do trivia to get crowns for second chance chest hits