Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Future of Pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 11, 2013
I'd recommend everyone to check out the "Zone of the Month" area of the newsletter. The next few rounds of it for the newsletter with be written by Sam Johnson (Blind Mew) himself!

A couple things of note here.

1) KI is looking to support Pirate for at least a little while longer.

2) Port Regal is the seat of the Marleybonean Colonial Governor, General Stanley. This was not always the case: the Marleybonean governor used to be based in Skull Island, but the Governor’s household moved when Marleybone turned the island over to Captain Avery. Recent tensions with Monquista and Valencia have led to the Marleyboneans reinforcing Port Regal’s garrison and deploying ever larger fleets here. So far, Skull Island’s remoteness and lack of strategic value have kept any large-scale conflict from erupting, but it may only be a matter of time before something drives the three great colonial powers of the Spiral to war...This paragraph is one of the best hints we've gotten at where the pirate story is heading in years. This is a good sign.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Lookit Light on Apr 22, 2019 wrote:
Oh dear, I think I kicked a bee's nest here. The fact that we're still here speaks volumes. I'm just going to ignore this bee's nest and WAIT, okay?
So, like KI with Pirate, right?

Gee, it was nice to see Ratbeard appear (very briefly). But it isn't enough, really. I missed the window to stop payment for 2 of my pay-to-play accounts, but if nothing gets done this summer, I'm cancelling both those accounts before I get tapped again next year. They want my money badly enough, they need to give me a reason to keep handing it over.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The brief moment of excitement caused by Ratbeard's appearance in this thread was insufficient to carry us forward for more than a couple of weeks.

Another week and no Falmea Friday for Pirate101.

Administrator
In Search of Yum on Mar 9, 2019 wrote:
What really kills you is that this is their own game forum and won't answer the questions if there is any story update planned for the game.

I really really wish that KI would respond to their customers questions.
Our apologies for the lack of updates :(. We love this game very much too! At this time we are focusing on "Quality of Life" and other important updates with as much content releases as we can develop. That's all we can really talk about at this time.

Aside from game development, we have of course made efforts to increase promoting community content! The newsletters are what I've been focusing on most to give you all the spotlight you deserve. I know they are not what you may 'really' want, but it's something I can at least provide you all as an opportunity for your content.

Every KI Live we ask for questions, screenshots, etc., but we hardly get any from anyone. We need the community to submit them for them to be answered. We want to answer as many as we can.

Administrator
anecorbie on May 3, 2019 wrote:
I just had a disturbing thought: when was the last time we saw a maintanence notice on our boards? If KI isn't even bothering to maintain the game, what does that say about their plans?
Please watch KI_Alerts on Twitter, it's more updated than the forums here: www.twitter.com/ki_alerts.

To watch it, you don't need a Twitter account.

Administrator
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
I'm sorry, but the fact WE'RE still here and seeing new members posting, isn't proof that KI loves and cares about this game. ( This is just proof that WE love this game. ) Proof from KI needs to be more solid than RB posting.
Even a tiny hint would be appreciated.
We love the game too! That of course has never changed with. Keep watch on the monthly newsletters, KI Lives, when we ask for your questions and screenshots on KI Lives (and Tips!), and of course on social media in general for new news. We know that content updates are not that often right now and apologize for the lack of updates in this regard.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Bat Masterson on May 6, 2019 wrote:
Our apologies for the lack of updates :(. We love this game very much too! At this time we are focusing on "Quality of Life" and other important updates with as much content releases as we can develop. That's all we can really talk about at this time.

Aside from game development, we have of course made efforts to increase promoting community content! The newsletters are what I've been focusing on most to give you all the spotlight you deserve. I know they are not what you may 'really' want, but it's something I can at least provide you all as an opportunity for your content.

Every KI Live we ask for questions, screenshots, etc., but we hardly get any from anyone. We need the community to submit them for them to be answered. We want to answer as many as we can.
Maybe that's because we players are sick of giving our time and money and ideas to a game that is being neglected?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Please watch KI_Alerts on Twitter, it's more updated than the forums here: www.twitter.com/ki_alerts.

To watch it, you don't need a Twitter account.
I's sorry, Bat, but really I don't understand why we need to watch social media rather than this site here, where we are used to getting our Pirate news. I always keep six tabs open on my browser and this is one of them, so please post here just as often as social media.

From what I've always been told, social media should drive customers to your main site, not the other way round. The reason you don't get a lot of questions and tips is that the community has drifted away and you're not getting them back with the current marketing strategies, one of which is not updating the game's main site.

Administrator
Willowydream on May 6, 2019 wrote:
I's sorry, Bat, but really I don't understand why we need to watch social media rather than this site here, where we are used to getting our Pirate news. I always keep six tabs open on my browser and this is one of them, so please post here just as often as social media.

From what I've always been told, social media should drive customers to your main site, not the other way round. The reason you don't get a lot of questions and tips is that the community has drifted away and you're not getting them back with the current marketing strategies, one of which is not updating the game's main site.

Unfortunately the forums is not a great place to get regular frequent updates. This is especially true for important maintenance announcements.

If you want those updates, you will need to also keep an eye on social media. We can't post every one of those posts here for a few reasons. We've streamlined where to get news to make it as efficient and easy as possible for everyone. Just watching Twitter gets you everything, much easier than login in and viewing the forums.

We'll of course continue posting major news here, like this week's Community Livestream! :)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
We love the game too! That of course has never changed with. Keep watch on the monthly newsletters, KI Lives, when we ask for your questions and screenshots on KI Lives (and Tips!), and of course on social media in general for new news. We know that content updates are not that often right now and apologize for the lack of updates in this regard.
Good apology, but I'm hoping that one day we'll get to see more content updates a bit more frequently. Us Pirates can't stay motionless too long, you know.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

But we ask questions here, Bat, and no one ever answers them. Some of us work during the livestream, you know, to pay for our memberships. And if you're so desperate for questions, why do we need to post them on twitter (for which you would need a membership) when we have forums right here that are specific to Pirate 101 where we could ask those questions?

I don't get why you can't seem to be bothered to come harvest the questions from here, since you don't seem to be interested enough to answer them here.

Administrator
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 7, 2019 wrote:
But we ask questions here, Bat, and no one ever answers them. Some of us work during the livestream, you know, to pay for our memberships. And if you're so desperate for questions, why do we need to post them on twitter (for which you would need a membership) when we have forums right here that are specific to Pirate 101 where we could ask those questions?

I don't get why you can't seem to be bothered to come harvest the questions from here, since you don't seem to be interested enough to answer them here.
Ah, that's another topic. I was responding about the news information and how to get it quickly and where it's generally posted.

We of course want to respond to players in general in the forums, that's the point of the forums in part after all :). There's limited time for the devs, but like Ratbeard, we'll get them in here. I'll ping Ratbeard now in fact to see what he's up to :).

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 7, 2019 wrote:

Um, they do answer questions from here, Fiorenza. For example, on the March KI Live, one of my questions was answered. I posted that question on these forums, and only on these forums. A similar example is a question from our fellow Willowydream, whose question on these forums was answered on the same KI Live and even made it into the April Newsletter. There's proof for you that they answer question posts here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
"Words,words, words." William Shakespeare, Hamlet.
Yet actions speak louder...
I saw the last KI Live and I do understand why this broadcast was ( almost ) entirely devoted to W101 - it was an exciting test realm and really improved the look of the game.
I hope that the next Live broadcast will be devoted to us pirates and give us something to look forward to.
Post Edit:
"The course of true love never did run smooth" W.S. A Midsummer's Night Dream

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on May 9, 2019 wrote:
"Words,words, words." William Shakespeare, Hamlet.
Yet actions speak louder...
I saw the last KI Live and I do understand why this broadcast was ( almost ) entirely devoted to W101 - it was an exciting test realm and really improved the look of the game.
I hope that the next Live broadcast will be devoted to us pirates and give us something to look forward to.
Post Edit:
"The course of true love never did run smooth" W.S. A Midsummer's Night Dream
I hope that the next thing we see is a Producer's Letter like the one for Wizard101.

We need some frank words regarding the future for pirates, and whether or not we're going to be sailing the skyways for a long time to come, or what.

Ensign
Feb 11, 2017
I have recently rejoined Pirate101 in hope that Kingsisle will repay its community from its "distractions." Though I do not have any bitter hate or distaste against Kingsisle, and nor do I want to cause any conflict within this forum, I think we can all agree that the game hasn't been treated fairly considering the amount of potential it possesses and still does today. I would've commented on this post if I could have, but I did not have a membership. I feel like at this point, anyone who has a character and account created for this game should have the ability to post their feelings. Anyways, the future of Pirate101 does not look good for most, but hopeful for some. I have enjoyed many memories in Pirate101 in 2016-2017, and years prior to that with other characters. I am here to hope that the game shall continue and be updated similarly to how its brother game, Wizard101, is. Though the community is small, through reading several forum posts, including this one, it has a heart ten times as tall. Let us look to a bright future in the midst of hope and unity.

Ensign
Sep 27, 2014
Trimond297 on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
I'm not even sure which world we would go now.
If anything, Polaris. Along with this whole thing, the queen is still out there, so we might still just have hope!

Ensign
Sep 27, 2014
Hey! I joined Pirate101 in 2014, and I've been playing ever since. Yes, I do admit, I've quit here and there due to the lack of updates, but for some reason, I've always had hope and came back. This might be a spoiler for some of you who haven't completed the game yet, so that's a warning; but don't you guys remember what happened right after we defeated Kane? The queen is still alive. I'm pretty sure that's a detail that Pirate101 still has some plans. I currently have Two and a half max pirates, along with one on the way to Mooshu, and I still enjoy every second of questing. (Besides Port Regal, that is.)

In my opinion, I think that they should give out more clues, and they don't have to be out in the open, but just for the sake of rallying up the community once more. I miss the everlasting days with me and my friends, sailing the skies until we couldn't anymore. Continuously defeating enemies, trying to be the best pirates in the spiral. Along with that, meeting new people who have the same interests and perhaps the same intention to finally set sail to El Dorado.

Other than most, I've joined Pirate101 before Wizard101. Something just caught my eye while playing Pirate101, instead of Wiz. In my honest view, I think P101 has a lot more potential. I mean, the game isn't a complete ghost town; yet, hopefully not; but there is a massive difference comparing it to it's golden days versus the present. We really need to not let this flame die out, but to help provide it everything we can for it to expand. We could start to host public events, more often and often until it becomes a daily routine for pirates to look forward to.

It would be nice if we didn't get copied mounts/pets from Wizard101, but instead some original ideas like the Buffaloon and the Batacuda.

My point is that we need to still have hope. Yes, we've had multiple and multiple blank sessions with no actual appeal, and that it can quickly drain from other pirates. But all we can do is just wait for something to happen.

Community Leader
AArrrrrr mateys!!!
Thought i'd drop in to see how all ye pirates arrrrr a doin!

Its been quite awhile since me and me hearties sailed the beta seas O' this wonderful game.
I keep checking back ta see if there is any more pirate tales that need an ole sea shanty made to help fire up the hearts 'n souls of all ye pirates.

Alas... nothing yet to stir my soul, it been a real long time now... (update?)

Sigh, think i'll sail around and soak in some memories...

Might even play me a baby pirate fer awhile....

Until me ship finds its way back (might be sooner this time around).
May the wind be at yer backs, and the air filled with wahoos of wild buffaloon!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Dr Zeppers on Jun 11, 2019 wrote:
AArrrrrr mateys!!!
Thought i'd drop in to see how all ye pirates arrrrr a doin!

Its been quite awhile since me and me hearties sailed the beta seas O' this wonderful game.
I keep checking back ta see if there is any more pirate tales that need an ole sea shanty made to help fire up the hearts 'n souls of all ye pirates.

Alas... nothing yet to stir my soul, it been a real long time now... (update?)

Sigh, think i'll sail around and soak in some memories...

Might even play me a baby pirate fer awhile....

Until me ship finds its way back (might be sooner this time around).
May the wind be at yer backs, and the air filled with wahoos of wild buffaloon!
Haven`t seen you around before! Hello!

Now, I think there have been enough requests for an update around here. I'm quite convinced that they've heard us, and will provide something for us to do in decent time. All the "PLEASE FIX THIS GAME" requests are starting to annoy me. They've heard us already!

Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
You know while I spent to much of my time reading these posts. I have just started to realized that pirate101 may not be as dead as you think.

Don't get me wrong but it is fairly dead compared to other games. Ya know lack of updates and stuff. But anyways it got me thinking on a game called Champions Online. You know that game has less players than club penguin and all those fan made servers, maybe even just one of those servers too. Champions Online has maybe at max... I would say 100-ish players at a time and that game is a full on MMO, like character creator with in depth quests and so many things to collect, many side quests and Alerts as they call them but it is still less popular than Pirate.

Pirate will die one day because of all the lack of updates but I think it will stay on for a little longer... MAYBE enough time for them to release another like story update. Near the start of this post thread somebody said that there last major update was the skeleton key update. But I oblige. I say there last major update was Valencia 2. I say that because the skeleton key bosses, I mean I am no programmer or anything but I feel like it shouldn't take them so long just to add some buffed bosses with good loot. I would mostly call that update a filler-ish update and does not take them like almost 3 years now to add buffed bosses.

All I hope is this game will come out with some new content and get some more players.

Community Leader
Lookit Light on Jun 11, 2019 wrote:
Haven`t seen you around before! Hello!

Now, I think there have been enough requests for an update around here. I'm quite convinced that they've heard us, and will provide something for us to do in decent time. All the "PLEASE FIX THIS GAME" requests are starting to annoy me. They've heard us already!
Arrrrr matey,
I was here back when the pirate spiral got whirled into existence.
And for a few years after...

Now for the record I tried to just give an idle suggestion in regards to what yer saying annoys you. On a thread on the subject that yer sayin annoys you. I had no intentions of annoying anyone, part of why I made sure to add my bit to the appropriate thread.

Everyones entitled to thar opinion's of course. I have spent hundreds of hours playing this game, have all maxed pirates, etc (for years now). I also was producing songs, and music videos for the game, and created a fan site, it still exists, but I haven't updated it in years now. I hope your right about "in decent time", oh wait its been over 4 years since any real story/chapter updates. Can you define "decent time" in your perspective?

So if you don't mind i'll just keep speaking my mind in a clear, honest, professional, and friendly manner. I personally think Pirate101 is the best work of Kings Isle to date, and want to see it prosper.

I be here to interact with everyone, and give my two dubloons worth O chatter without intending to offend anyone, but not everyone thinks the same way, it can happen. This pirate be chill.

Happy Plunderin!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Dr Zeppers on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
Arrrrr matey,

Now for the record I tried to just give an idle suggestion in regards to what yer saying annoys you. On a thread on the subject that yer sayin annoys you. I had no intentions of annoying anyone, part of why I made sure to add my bit to the appropriate thread.

Everyones entitled to thar opinion's of course. I have spent hundreds of hours playing this game, have all maxed pirates, etc (for years now). I also was producing songs, and music videos for the game, and created a fan site, it still exists, but I haven't updated it in years now. I hope your right about "in decent time", oh wait its been over 4 years since any real story/chapter updates. Can you define "decent time" in your perspective?

So if you don't mind i'll just keep speaking my mind in a clear, honest, professional, and friendly manner. I personally think Pirate101 is the best work of Kings Isle to date, and want to see it prosper.

I be here to interact with everyone, and give my two dubloons worth O chatter without intending to offend anyone, but not everyone thinks the same way, it can happen. This pirate be chill.

Happy Plunderin!
Har, I see a matey in ye. Perfectly alright for all to say they want a new update. I've been patient for years, what's a while longer?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dr Zeppers on Jun 12, 2019 wrote:
Arrrrr matey,

Happy Plunderin!
Ahoy, Dr. Zeppers, nice to see you back on the boards.
While it is true that this thread is for those who are concerned about the future of this game as well as the fact that we haven't had a major soryline update; it hasn't been "over 4 years". Only been 3 years & 4 months, so don't exaggerate

Seeing Ratbeard committed to posting, especially since he is so busy, both "expectedly and unexpectedly" is a sign for hope.
I hope soon you'll have a reason to make another music video for P101!

Community Leader
anecorbie on Jun 13, 2019 wrote:
Ahoy, Dr. Zeppers, nice to see you back on the boards.
While it is true that this thread is for those who are concerned about the future of this game as well as the fact that we haven't had a major soryline update; it hasn't been "over 4 years". Only been 3 years & 4 months, so don't exaggerate

Seeing Ratbeard committed to posting, especially since he is so busy, both "expectedly and unexpectedly" is a sign for hope.
I hope soon you'll have a reason to make another music video for P101!
It were a mistake matey.... did not intend to exaggerate.
I got my years confused... still a long time... and hey i just wanted to say i be a waiting like everyone else, not be a complaining or asking when.