Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

level 70 Swashbuckler

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 31, 2018
Taking a break from the main quest line to improve my gear and pet.

I am set up for stabby / shooty, Agi build and have Bonnie, El Toro and Sarah following me around.

2 questions, what are some of the better places to find gear?

Are there any current guides for the best pet for a swashbuckler / how to train pets?

Thank you all in advance.

Community Leader
Soul7mirror on Feb 15, 2019 wrote:

I am set up for stabby / shooty, Agi build and have Bonnie, El Toro and Sarah following me around.

Are there any current guides for the best pet for a swashbuckler / how to train pets?

Here are a couple of guides on gear and pets for swashbucklers. They're focused on PvP, but all the information is still applicable to PvE. The only change I would make is to try to pick up Captain Blood's Robe instead of the recommended robes.

https://finalbastion.com/pirate101-guides/p101-pet-guides/pirate101-perfect-pvp-pets-2018-edition/
https://finalbastion.com/p101-pvp-guides/swashbuckler-pvp-guides/2018-swashbuckler-ranked-pvp-guide/

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Soul7mirror on Feb 15, 2019 wrote:

At level 70, the best place to farm gear is the Great Machine, boss- Kane. Kane drops excellent gear for swashbucklers. The other top choice is The Tower of Moo Manchu, bosses - The Nefarious Five & Moo Manchu. If you haven't got Captain Blood's Jacket, then go back and farm Miranda.
Also, Friar Sand has some gear that's an asset for swashbucklers.
The Dreadnought is the best place for a swash to get a shotty/stabby combo weapon.
There are many guides for gear and pet advice on the Pirate101 Central wiki.
Good Luck!

Ensign
Oct 31, 2018
Thank you both for the responses, keep 'em coming.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Here is a link to a pretty basic guide on training pets:

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?60050-My-guide-to-pet-training

The process is quite simple, really, here in Pirate101 - your Companions go Pet Wranglin' for snacks and gear, and your pets do the training exercises while you quest or even if you're offline. They take longer at the higher levels, but you can be training as many of them as you have energy for, so you don't have to focus on one at a time.

Most of the players interested in pet morphing hang out in the Morphing Tent in Avery Realm, so if you also hang out there, you may be able to get more specific advice and even a Morph or two if they aren't busy with projects or helping someone else.

The pet body you like can actually acquire all of the Talents you want over time, so the "best" pet is what you will make when you decide what will benefit your style of pirating.