Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A request for KingsIsle

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KingsIsle, it's nice that you have given us the same Heart mount that you have given Wizards, but I would like to say that the Friendship Table would do equally well here and I would like to see it used for Pirates.
If you don't play W101, the Friendship Table has seating for 4 players who can actually sit down at the table!
This would go so well in any of our houses ( especially the Smuggler's House ), where we could set it up and have real pirates sitting in a Tavern!

Honestly, what were you guys thinking to make it exclusively for Wizards?! What is sooo difficult in making an interactive item for BOTH games?
Please, bring this item to P101, if not this year, then next!

"Broken-Hearted Pirate"

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Agreed -- there is SO much that we have been asking for (and NEEDING) for Pirates to enjoy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
Agreed -- there is SO much that we have been asking for (and NEEDING) for Pirates to enjoy.

IMO, this was a missed opportunity to gain more revenue from players of both games; and in the case of players who play both games, twice the revenue!
It makes me wonder if there is anyone in those planning sessions of items like this advocating for P101.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 12, 2019 wrote:
IMO, this was a missed opportunity to gain more revenue from players of both games; and in the case of players who play both games, twice the revenue!
It makes me wonder if there is anyone in those planning sessions of items like this advocating for P101.
Why do they seem to miss so many opportunities that we, the players, see as obvious?

I keep wishing for a cards-on-the-table Producer's Letter or KI Live segment, or Developer's Diary video that gives Pirate101 players an idea of what does go on. WHY are they struggling with the updating of the game's storyline? Is it a programming issue? Is it writing? Are they simply waiting for us all to go away and stop bothering them?

The repeated claim that there is a lack of resources, seems to me, should be the one excuse that Kingsisle CAN address pretty easily.

Administrator
Willowydream on Feb 14, 2019 wrote:
Why do they seem to miss so many opportunities that we, the players, see as obvious?

I keep wishing for a cards-on-the-table Producer's Letter or KI Live segment, or Developer's Diary video that gives Pirate101 players an idea of what does go on. WHY are they struggling with the updating of the game's storyline? Is it a programming issue? Is it writing? Are they simply waiting for us all to go away and stop bothering them?

The repeated claim that there is a lack of resources, seems to me, should be the one excuse that Kingsisle CAN address pretty easily.

It actually took a lot of work just to get it into Wizard101 :(. We're looking into whether it will be possible with the even more complicated internal setup Pirate101 has.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Bat Masterson on Feb 14, 2019 wrote:
It actually took a lot of work just to get it into Wizard101 :(. We're looking into whether it will be possible with the even more complicated internal setup Pirate101 has.
Thanks, Bat - is the internal setup of Pirate101 really that different from Wizard101? The Friendship Table almost seems tailor-made to add interest to the Party Room.

I'm the last person to say that programming is easy, but is there a lack of personnel that understand Pirate101 programming? Do the developers need different computers altogether to work on Pirate?

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
It seems you missed answering some of the questions!

Inquiring Pirates would like to know

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I do understand that P101 is more complicated than W101. We only have to look at our battle system, Companions, Ships & Pets to see the difference. I guess I was just assuming ( ) that some things would be the same; mounts, houses and housing items.
Thank you for your explanation.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Feb 14, 2019 wrote:
Thanks, Bat - is the internal setup of Pirate101 really that different from Wizard101? The Friendship Table almost seems tailor-made to add interest to the Party Room.

I'm the last person to say that programming is easy, but is there a lack of personnel that understand Pirate101 programming? Do the developers need different computers altogether to work on Pirate?

I'm presuming the internal setup is indeed different, because it's what makes it different from Wizard101's own.

I'm not saying they lack programmers... just many were busy with W101's latest arc's ending at the time, which was why P101 had slow updates.

Those questions are best to be spoken on a different topic... but with stronger computer hardware & advancements in programs, not to mention new, better alternatives to certain ones on a subscription model(get the hint?), my biggest wishes would be for people to work on KI remotely, even programming, and for the development processes to both more streamlined for faster, more efficient content updates.

Wouldn't that be amazing?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
In other words, if something new and experimental isn't implemented in W101 yet, like the mechanic about seating on tables, it would be lots of work to implement that. I didn't think that'd be a lotta trouble, but, yes, it does take work.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Trimond297 on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
In other words, if something new and experimental isn't implemented in W101 yet, like the mechanic about seating on tables, it would be lots of work to implement that. I didn't think that'd be a lotta trouble, but, yes, it does take work.
Aren't Wizard and Pirate designed to run on older computers?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
Aren't Wizard and Pirate designed to run on older computers?
The difference is likely in the coding, not on what computer you're using.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
The difference is likely in the coding, not on what computer you're using.
Yep. That's likely the coding. Just saying.

We also should remember that while W101 & P101 are made to run on lower-end computers, the older computer hardware is lately being deprecated, you know, outdated, and sooner or later, KI may have to change the minimal system requirements, which have been the same for a very long time, & do internal, and even graphical upgrades to keep up with decent, dated, maybe even concurrent, computer hardware many people are doing.

Well, we're seeing stronger computer hardware very fast today, which, honestly, makes modern home computers into robust workstations, & it, in turn, provides better efficiency to anyone's workflow. That's something to consider later on.