Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dungeon assistance question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 31, 2018
I have read two tutorials and searched the net to no avail.

Sometimes, I ask for assistance when completing a dungeon and 70% of the time, some one shows up to assist, for that I am very grateful.

My question is how do they know I am looking for help? I press the Look for Team sign and they appear, how do they get notified that someone is looking for assistance. Even better, what window am I missing (or key combo) to be able to see when others need help?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Soul7mirror on Dec 31, 2018 wrote:

Sometimes, I ask for assistance when completing a dungeon and 70% of the time, some one shows up to assist, for that I am very grateful.

My question is how do they know I am looking for help? I press the Look for Team sign and they appear, how do they get notified that someone is looking for assistance. Even better, what window am I missing (or key combo) to be able to see when others need help?
Just to the left as you run toward the Skull Island Docks entrance is the Team Up Ledger. This is where pirates can go to see if anyone else has selected Team Up in a world that they have access to.

When you receive assistance, it's because someone else was looking for a team to help -- isn't that wonderful!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
There are a couple ways that help shows up. When you are in the same location as another player, but your realms or areas are different, you can't see each other. It's like being in a parallel reality, everything looks the same, but you can't see or hear each other. If you have both hit the team up selection, the team up crosses realms and areas. The other may have been there a few minutes, waiting for someone like you to hit team up.

The other way is found in Skull Island near the stairs that descend to the docks. There is a book on a stand, the team up ledger. You can use it to see what dungeons you have already completed have people waiting for a team up, and can join their team up. If the help you are getting is players much higher level than where you are questing, that is probably where most of them are joining from.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015

The Team Up Kiosk! In the Kiosk, you can see who wants help, what class they are, and what dungeon they want to do, sorted by world. Those people either saw you in the Kiosk, or were at the sigil in a different Realm. The Team Up Kiosk is located to the left of the entrance to the Skull Island Docks

Happy New Year!

Merciless Brian Ornsley, Level 70

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
There is a quest given my Mickey Dugan, the town crier up near Avery's Mansion, called Team Up Ledger. When you get to a certain level, he will have that quest for you. It rewards nothing, and all it does it take you near the entry to the docks, where the team up ledger is. From the team up ledger, other players can see those who need help, and what world they are in.

So whenever you press Team Up, it puts your request on that ledger, and other players can join you.

Hope this helped!
Morgan

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Look at the Team-Up ledger on Skull Island, right by the entrance to the docs. That's how you know someone needs help.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2015
There's a team-up ledger in Skull Island near the entrance to the docks. If you go to that you can see who needs assistance on team ups.

Ensign
Oct 31, 2018
Thank you for all your responses, have a great new year.