Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser Companions: Pigs in the Mud

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I'm back with another discussion on companions less often seen! This time around we've got some pigs, and our first Special Mention!

The Inoshishi Chief is given to Privateers during the quest, "That Was Yesterday" He promotes to the Inoshishi Clanlord at level 60.

The Inoshishi Necromancer is given to Privateers during "Dead to Rights"

The Pig Raider Crossbowman is given to Buccaneers during "In the Sticks"

Ju Hao is given to all classes after "This Little Pig"

And now for our first Special Mention!

The Ninja Pig is very unique in it's acquisition, because it is not obtained through normal means. Instead, it was given through a code available to Wizard101 Members in 2012, and during a KI Live in 2015. To my knowledge, it has not been available since. Because of this, it is the second rarest companion in the game, only behind the retired Cat Pirate. It Promotes to the Ninja Pig Stalker at level 17, and the Ninja Pig Shinobi at level 35.

Notes:

Ju Hao is the only companion in this category readily available to all classes, and one of only three companions available to all classes through Side Quests, alongside Rooster Cogburn and Shiruku Neko

The Inoshishi Necromancer is the only companion that knows Summon Skeletal Warrior

Feel free to publish all ideas to turn them from some little pigs, into mighty swine! Go ahead!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Interesting that you posted this, because just this morning I was thinking how great it would be to have a NEW ninja pig companion for the holidays -- The Naughty Ninja Pig. This companion would have a sly, naughty-kid look to it (like the ninja pigs do) throw snowballs at its enemies instead of throwing stars and wear pajamas missing one sock (which it lost), and have the slight chance, like a Haywire companion, to do something naughty to a teammate, like bump them by one square, or trip them during their turn.

That being said, I have used all of these companions, and think that they are all good as team fillers on Random.

They all could use a promotion in the next update (like every other side quest companion), perhaps Ju Hao getting more armor and a critical boost or something, the Necromancer could get an additional summon, and the Chief could get another rank of Turn the Tide.

The Pig Raider Crossbowman is a bog-standard musketeer. He could use maybe another square or two of range to make him unique - he does wield a crossbow after all.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
The Necromancer is pretty good as far as witchdoctors go, if you use a 100% spellpower boost and summon that skeletal warrior, you get a level 100+ summon who has First Strike 2, Blade Storm, and Tide, and the damage it does is actually decent. The Necromancer's epic talent options are also good, mine has Jobu's Ruse, Mojo Echo 2, and Mojo Rising, so he can actually get some decent combos going, shame all witchdoctors except Scratch are stuck with 3 range though.

I don't have the Ninja pig but I've heard he has the highest base armor for a Swashbuckler in the game, around 80, so I'd imagine he has his uses.

Inoshishi Clanlord is probably the one companion I regret purchasing, I kinda bought him on a whim because I thought it was cool how he had 3 starter talents on him, but he is just a boring underwhelming companion with bad talent selection.