Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Free Player and Companion Respec

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
It says in-game that I have this available but doesn't explain how to do it. I've searched but can't find any answer. Could someone please explain how this works?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Grintch on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:
It says in-game that I have this available but doesn't explain how to do it. I've searched but can't find any answer. Could someone please explain how this works?
First of all, when you hit the "P" key, you will be able to see several different screens. First, you will see your current powers list. At the bottom right corner of the screen, you will see how many Practice Points you have available. Click on the little arrow with the star at the upper right corner to take you to the Talents screen, and clicking once once more will take you to the Doubloons screen.

To retrain your Practice Points, go to any trainer and interact. Now, at the bottom right corner, you will see a green Reset button. Click on that and you will get a popup confirmation window asking if you really want to reset all of your Practice Points. If you do, click on Free Reset and then either select new abilities from the trainer you are interacting with, or go find the trainer who has the ability(ies) you are looking for. The Clandestine Trainers change every hour, so you will have to time your visit there carefully.

Good Luck!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Grintch on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:
Free player and companion recpecs work by allowing you to reset you and your companion's talents for free! In the companion menu there is an option to reset your companion's talents, and a similar option appears when you are talking with a trainer.

Merciless Brian Ornsley, Level 70

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009