Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Return of the Hydra Glitch?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 10, 2010
Was recently questing in Aquila when I encountered a glitch with the Hydra fight from "The Chains that Bind" quest. After a quick google search to see if I was missing anything mechanic wise, I found that there was a similar glitch back in 2014. Now, it says it got patched, yet here in 2018 I have the same problem. After the Ebon head flees combat, once it returns I am unable to fight it. It can hit me, but I cannot directly attack it, nor hit it with an first strikes, overwatch, bladestorms, etc. Anyone else having the same issue?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Conquest1002 on Aug 27, 2018 wrote:
Was recently questing in Aquila when I encountered a glitch with the Hydra fight from "The Chains that Bind" quest. After a quick google search to see if I was missing anything mechanic wise, I found that there was a similar glitch back in 2014. Now, it says it got patched, yet here in 2018 I have the same problem. After the Ebon head flees combat, once it returns I am unable to fight it. It can hit me, but I cannot directly attack it, nor hit it with an first strikes, overwatch, bladestorms, etc. Anyone else having the same issue?
Many players have this issue. Despite many attempts by KI "bug fixers" this glitch has never gone away. It also doesn't show for all battles, the best I can advise is to try again and maybe not hit the Ebon head with everything you have in the first round.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Question for the developers: Why is this topic in the New Pirate Welcome Category? Wouldn't this go in The Bilge Pump?

Administrator
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 27, 2018 wrote:
Question for the developers: Why is this topic in the New Pirate Welcome Category? Wouldn't this go in The Bilge Pump?
Great catch, you're right! We're moving it.