Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Love Live?

AuthorMessage
While I want to keep the other topic of conversation going, I also wanted to poll me Pirate friends about KI Live!

Bat Masterson and I are planning out our next show. This week, we'd like to ask a few questions: do you watch KI Live (either live or posted later on YouTube)? If so, what would you like to see in the coming months? Is there a segment or feature you'd like us to include that we don't already? We want to know what you'd like to see!

Have a fiery Friday and wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
I do watch KI Live, normally on YouTube though. I've been working on Thursdays the past few months during the stream but when I don't work I certainly do try to watch.

As most people will probably say, I would like more teasers to things that are upcoming to both Pirate and Wizard101 (and maybe also mobile games).

Other than that I would like to see more community members on the stream like when Vanessa Mythdust was being interviewed. Seeing them on there and watching them play the games, especially if they're great at PVP or Pet Derby/Sparring or something else would be an interesting segment to include.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:
While I want to keep the other topic of conversation going, I also wanted to poll me Pirate friends about KI Live!

Bat Masterson and I are planning out our next show. This week, we'd like to ask a few questions: do you watch KI Live (either live or posted later on YouTube)? If so, what would you like to see in the coming months? Is there a segment or feature you'd like us to include that we don't already? We want to know what you'd like to see!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I enjoy watching KI Live on You-Tube ( for some reason my computer can't get the Live streams. ) I really like that this year KI has been featuring the different departments of your game, giving us a glimpse to the inner workings of all aspects of a gaming business.
I would like to request that you have Captain Ahab as a guest on the next Live broadcast. Many players seem confused as to what happens when they receive a report or what is actually a report-able offense.
Also, covering activities a non-member can do on both W101 & P10.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
I would like to know why there is a stormgate that goes to Polaris in Valencia when we can't go there......yet. And maybe when the next story update will come out (unless you intend to keep that as a surprise).

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

I do, in fact, watch KingsIsle Live truly live on Twitch if I can, and I like to hop in-game so I can see Tom and gang adventuring in the Spiral.

If I can't make it live, I do definitely watch it on YouTube and like it as my Pirate101 fan channel. (It needs some work...)

What would I like to see in KingsIsle Live? Well, if you ask me, I'd like to see you guys announcing a new update in KingsIsle Live. But to enhance KingsIsle Live itself, I would actually rather you organize your questions by game. I notice that sometimes, you're playing Wizard101 while answering general or Pirate101 questions. Because I don't play Wizard101, I tend to skip over those parts, and there may be a question that needs answering for Pirates.

What I suggest: Perhaps you should answer all of the wizardly questions on Wizard101, and all of the piratical ones on Pirate101. That would help me and a few other fellows out.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I’ve watched pretty much every ki live while they’re live since I found out about them, although I do occasionally miss one from being too busy.

As for ideas, we’ve seen pet pvp, ship pvp, but not much normal pvp. How about in a future KI Live when the new CM has his pirate leveled up you guys join the ranked pvp or battle royale queue and see how you fair vs some random pirates. I bet I am not the only one looking to obliterate you guys in pvp on stream

Also more ninja pig companion codes given out, please I need one

Ensign
May 09, 2015
Well I usually watch KI Live when it's Live for the experience of interacting with KI staff. I mean who doesn't enjoy that? I would like to see the staff participate in more tower runs or ranked pvp matches . Also I would like to see a glimpse into the Pirate101 Test Server sometime in the future. But yeah I rarely watch the vods for KI Live, also I'm hoping KI live will be this Thursday, I've been longing for the next one.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I try to watch the show Live, but sometimes have to wait for the video because I've gotten caught up with something at work. I really enjoy the staff and community interviews, like with Vanessa -- and seeing hints from Decius for new pet hybrids.

What I don't particularly see the need for is the recap of the sales and specials from the previous month. Most of us who watch are pretty regular players, so we're aware of what just went on, so we like to hear more news and upcoming stuff rather than repetition. I did suggest once that those who are off camera making comments either get a mike, or that the comment be repeated for those of us who can't hear what was said, but that is pretty minor.

It's nice to see some game play, and it should be interesting to get Bat's viewpoint as a new pirate rather than One-Eyed Jack's experience. Professor Falmea? Play on your Pirate? Show off your own gear and castles?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I watch it Live when I can, and try to check it later if I've missed it.. Sometimes I don't hear about it, until it is over. Where can I check to find out when the next one is? Would it be possible for the KI Live to have a post on the forums announcing when the next one is? I play both games, but sometimes I am in pirate mode, and have to wait through a lot of Wizard for the pirate news I'm waiting to hear. Pirates are waiting, in game, for the pirate part of the show, and the longer it's all wizard, pirates drift away. When you finally show the pirates, there may not be as many as were there when the show started. I noticed what Helpful Aurora said about separating pirate stuff from wizard, but figure you want everyone to see everything, thus single game players might see something that gets them to play both. Maybe you can work on the balance of it, using the subdivisions of the shows, like "Here's pet info and hybrid hints for Wizard AND Pirate!", kind of like the screen shots at the end are more mixed. Having Ahab on, and other behind the scenes people, sounds interesting, and it's always fun to see Decius on. Might be nice to visit both a wizard's and a pirate's house during the show, bringing the parade along. On Wiz, it would be easy for everyone to follow you to the same castle tour castle. On pirate, people could make a chain of friends. I bet it would be easy to find a pirate willing to show their house.

Community Leader
I'd like to see the devs (particularly ratbeard) try their hand in pvp, ranked or spar. Perhaps have Ratbeard as a special guest?

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
Matthew525011 on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
I'd like to see the devs (particularly ratbeard) try their hand in pvp, ranked or spar. Perhaps have Ratbeard as a special guest?
I'd love to see this! The arena has changed so much in the past few years, it would be great to see the devs' hands on perspective.

Ensign
Oct 25, 2012
I think that's a great idea. I don't think it has been done before during previous KI livestreams, so that would be interesting to watch I'm sure others would be interested as well.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I would like to see more forums ideas talked about on Ki Live. I would also like to see overhead names of all Pirates and Wizards so shoutouts can continue to be given easily to people in the crowds of whatever area Ki Live is in.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard was on a KI Live a couple of years ago, but it would be nice to see him again! Doing a Battle Royale would allow more of us to beat up on our favorite dev ( and also revenge ourselves on some of the more difficult battles he's put us through! )

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

Hi I think I’ve watched every kI live I love watching them one thing I would add is showcase fan art of both games that would be really amazing you have a lot of talented artists for pirates and wizards it be great to see more of them

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
I would love to see KI live however, I'm very rarely home at the time that you all are doing the show so I'm one of the few that love it when you have technical issues which makes it last longer so I can at least see part of it.
If I miss it (which as i said is most times), I do try to watch it on you tube when its released.

I agree with an earlier posting, broadcasting in advance of when the show might be aired would also help. Sometimes I miss it due to just not knowing it's on that day

Community Leader
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
Ratbeard was on a KI Live a couple of years ago, but it would be nice to see him again! Doing a Battle Royale would allow more of us to beat up on our favorite dev ( and also revenge ourselves on some of the more difficult battles he's put us through! )
I don't think it should be a royale. It should be a straight-up, 1v1, in either ranked pvp or the spar chamber, ideally against a veteran, skilled, player (preferably a champion). I want to see how well he knows the current pvp metagame in comparison to the cream of the crop.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
I don't think it should be a royale. It should be a straight-up, 1v1, in either ranked pvp or the spar chamber, ideally against a veteran, skilled, player (preferably a champion). I want to see how well he knows the current pvp metagame in comparison to the cream of the crop.
Poor Ratbeard, he's likely to be well thumped then.

Community Leader
anecorbie on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
Poor Ratbeard, he's likely to be well thumped then.
I disagree. If he's a developer of the game (and the main developer for one subsection of the game), he ought to have a pretty good idea as to how that part of the game should be played. Sure, he doesn't have the time to play as much as a lot of the champs in game, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't at least be able to compete and look decent against good players.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Matthew525011 on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
"I like it, I like it!"

(and I would enjoy taking him on with my privy if I got the chance )

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
I just watched the August 30th KI Live, my first one, and i really liked it! I'm certainly tuning in next time!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Well, I do enjoy some KI Live, but what I would like to see is maybe some select VAs who do the game answer questions about the game or W101 & P101 in general, while in character, at random & at times, like Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Boochbeard, Mr. Gandry, El Toro, Old Scratch, or Catbeard, & ask KI Live questions on websites for W101 & P101 without needing any form of social media accounts.

There should also be redemption code availability indicators implemented in the KI Live pages so that people who are watching the KI Live shows & some who are having trouble trying to input the codes very fast would be able to input the codes, such as, "The 1st 1,000 people who input the code "Example" will receive the item "Example" in W101 &/or P101.".

Those could be neat. Take note on that, Professor Falmea.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
PiratePablo1 on Aug 26, 2018 wrote:
"I like it, I like it!"

(and I would enjoy taking him on with my privy if I got the chance )
I caught that reference.