Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your Gameplay Tips for August 2018

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Community! We're starting a new initiative for inclusion in each month's KI Live. Much like how we gather your questions, each month we will now be gathering your gameplay tips!

Reply to this forum thread, or one of the social posts we put up over the next two weeks, and we will select 10 tips to present on this month's KI Live. Each selected tip will receive a similar amount of Crowns as the 10~ questions we respond too.

Tips should be brief (a short sentence) and of course must be appropriate to all ages and make sense for presenting on our KI Lives. They must also not involve cheats or extensive spoilers in any way.

Only one tip per player per KI Live please. For social, use #Pirate101Tips

We can't wait to see what great tips you come up with!

Community Leader
If you're looking for an easy way to power up a new character, check out the Pyramid of Fire, Marie Celestia, and Skull Cap Cove for level 5+ charms, totems, and rings that are usable for the entire game and provide a stat buff and a power.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Dec 25, 2014
This is farming, I have farmed for a ton of items, and most of them I still do not have, but if there is one thing I've learned its that if your team stops wanting to farm with you because you've been at it for a while now, farm somewhere else or do a run of moo until they're ready again, its a good tip just to not farm the same boss or same enemy for hours on hours. :D

Ensign
Jul 18, 2013
One tip that I have is that you should do the zeke quests as you progress in story so you won’t have to do it after completeting story. That would save you more time.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
My tip for pirate is to always have fun and play it with friends to make it that much better!

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
If for any reason you want to fight fewer monsters, put your companions on tasks so that they won't join you in combat. Monsters will usually try not to outnumber your team.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
I didn't train my companions so well back then, so here's a tip for all new to the game! Teach Strong (Strength) to your Buccaneer companions, Spirited (Will) to Privateers and Witchdoctors, and for Musketeers and Swashbucklers, use Agile (Agility) This also works with your pirate, if you're any of these classes, give yourself a lot of your corresponding stat, and use weapons boosted by it too!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Bat Masterson on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
Community! We're starting a new initiative for inclusion in each month's KI Live. Much like how we gather your questions, each month we will now be gathering your gameplay tips!

Reply to this forum thread, or one of the social posts we put up over the next two weeks, and we will select 10 tips to present on this month's KI Live. Each selected tip will receive a similar amount of Crowns as the 10~ questions we respond too.

Tips should be brief (a short sentence) and of course must be appropriate to all ages and make sense for presenting on our KI Lives. They must also not involve cheats or extensive spoilers in any way.

Thank you Bat Masterson! This seems like a great way to get the community more involved.

My gameplay tip would be:

If you are a Musketeer trying to complete The Machine dungeon avoid attacking Rooke, as Rooke can reflect your attack back at you.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2011
#Pirate101Tips

I'd say one of the most important tips for Pirate101 players is the fact that the combat system is different from Wizard101, be aware of that if you intend on switching over!

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
All your companions matter. They can all be useful in fights, so keep them up to date with your pirate's level. Sending your companions out brawlin' before you log off or go to sleep will help you keep them around your level.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Bat Masterson on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:

This is an epic idea!

Ask other friends for help - when you're just about to give up on conquering the next baddie, ask a friend or two, and the fight(s) will be so much easier!

Ensign
Dec 24, 2011
When playing as a witchdoctor; Old Scratch and Kan Po are your best friends.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2014
My tip would be to choose Krokotopia as your origin when making a new character, by far the best origin choice for all classes. buffs your heals, basically any Witchdoctor spells, Musketeer bombs, Swashbuckler poison, etc. it's amazing for both pve and pvp, if you've just got into the game and only quested your character to around 10-20 I would highly recommend choosing krok as your origin.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pay attention to your nautical experience, don't let it lag too far behind your pirate ( combat ) experience. There are many ways to keep this up: Use Sailin' task from companions, do all ship side quests, even farm the boss ships in all worlds. That way you get the bonus of scrip as well!

Ensign
Aug 29, 2008
For new pirates you guys should always make sure you're getting enough Nautical Experience in each world

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
What an excellent idea! Thank you, Bat!

Tip: Keep your nautical level on par with your pirate's level - sink extra ships, have a couple of companions Sailing at all times - do what it takes to make ship battles easier as you progress.

[insert ship icon here]

Ensign
Jan 30, 2011
One thing to note about companions. Just because it can learn a talent, doesn't mean it's good for that companion. For example: Even though Fan Flanders started with flanking. It does not help her in team fights later in game because it can take her out of hidden. Be sure to invest in Repost, blade storm, first strike, or relentless and vengance strike the most. It starts more chains in a fight the more points you have in each.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sorry, I had another thought -- please hold back a couple of the tips and questions and answer them in the next Newsletter!

Ensign
Jan 27, 2014
My tip is sometimes its useful to use a counter class companion in PvP. like for example: using Bonnie Anne or something when going against Musketeer, using Ratbeard or something when going against Buccaneer, using some type of good swashbuckler companion against a swashbuckler, etc.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Always remember that the Mark and Recall system does not take resources from you (like mana in Wizard101). Save your recall spot before going into a dungeon or entering ship PvP!!

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
After using tomes to get your crew to level 8, I try holding off using training tomes on your crew to get the full value of a tome. The companion will jump more levels the further they are behind you.However, don't let your companions fall too far behind as then they are not as strong as they could be.

Buying training tomes takes a lot of gold!

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
1. Always do side quests (even Zeke's), it might lead you to new companions and the XP bonus will be worth it in the harder worlds

2. Make sure to level up your nautical, you'll need it to acquire better ship parts (and later on beating ships is a must)

3. If you want the best equipment use the auction house. It has the best in character (every 5 levels) and ship (every 4-6 I think) equipment without needing to grind and is better than what the normal shops give

4. PRIVATEER EXCLUSIVE: Want to make you player better equipped to fight? Instead of using the sword/shield combos, stick with the Staffy/Slashy weapons found in Auction House. They use Will bonus (the chief stat for privateers) and will help to keep your bonuses simpler instead of focusing on Strength/Will. (Vadima has staffy training so use her to get these kinds of weapons).

5. DevilFish Hollow has 3 hidden trainer starting at lvl 20, check the times and keep your training points handy.

~Cedric Leech, lvl 70 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
During your travels through the game you may notice treasure chests with 2 or 4 locks - these are Group Plunder Chests and they're worth opening. Get 1 or3 of your friends together and click to unlock the chests.

These chests contain gold, doubloons or rare gear.

What are doubloons? They're coins that appear during the action choice part of combat and can grant an extra action; like chances for a critical, summon a monster, extra gold, or damage,etc.
Post Edit: Treasure Bath doubloons will not reduce your chance for rare boss drops!

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
I think this a fantastic idea!

Here's my tip:
Train accurate for your companions. If they aren't hitting they aren't doing damage, therefore their turn is wasted.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If a companion is defeated during their promotion quest; don't worry about reviving him/her. just continue on the quest, at the end of the promotion your companion will be fully revived.