Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - The Ultimate Showdown

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dead Eye Griffin O... on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
Rematch with Moo Manchu and The Nefarious FIVE. New and Improved Gear for Moo and The fIve, More floors than the first, and new battle conditions and cheats. Moo Manchu and The Nefarious Five are some of the most interesting characters in the game, and remember what Monkey King said after we deafeated Moo. "I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Moo Manchu" or something along those lines. BUt yeah, bringing back the NEfarious five and moo with new and improved gear and new fighting styles would rock.
A new instance featuring Moo and the Nef-5 would be great, but not adding to the Tower.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Wow, I'm seeing a lot of people wanting another fight with Fin Dorsal. And you know, I actually liked Fin Dorsal and actually would like another fight with him, I even have somewhat of a plot to go along with it (it's not complete as it involves a world we have yet to see).

So after you talk to Captain Avery after defeating Kane, he'd tell the player that as much as he'd like to celebrate Kane's defeat, he's got some bad news. Avery tells you that during the celebration of Kane's defeat, Fin Dorsal came and stole the photo of Polo's crew. And, Avery admits that he may have accidentally told him about the seven pirates and the seven pieces of Marco Polo's map, but let's worry about that later. Avery would then tell us that one of the crew members we have yet to see from the photo is actually in Skull Island. The player then sails to Flotsam and talks to One-Eyed Jack about this crew member, and which Jack tells us he/she is actually renting one of his houses/apartments (whatever he calls them). When you head inside, you are greeted by Cutthroat pirates making sure the crew member doesn't escape. After defeating the Cutthroats, he/she will thank us. When we talk to him/her, they will say that Fin stole their map piece, but he over heard one of the Cutthroats saying Fin's Hideout is somewhere in Devilfish Hollow. When you arrive at the hideout, you'll find not Fin, but his right hand man, Hammer Head (who is ironically a hammerhead shark). Hammer Head would be a swashbuckler with the epics First Strike 3, Riposte 3, Bladestorm 2, and Cheap Shot 3. after defeating him, he'll say that Fin fled to Polaris, where we now must pursue him.

This is where my story ends as we don't know if we need another windstone or not to get to Polaris, as well as not having been to Polaris before. When we do fight Fin dorsal though, he would have the epics Pirate 2, Turn the Tide 3, Repel Boarders 3, Relentless 2, Bladestorm 2, and Cheap Shot 3.

So what do you guys think about this?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How about we fight ourselves; with the exact same gear and powers ( including equipped pet and our highest leveled companions. )
Premise - kind of like It's a Wonderful Life but without the Angel. We see a Spiral where we aren't the "Chosen One" and are evil pirates determined to knock Avery from power in Skull Island.
I appreciate that with all the different gears, powers, & pets, that this would be difficult to code; still I think it's a nifty idea.

Love the ideas everyone! I agree, I could definitely use a rematch against Finn Dorsal myself, and OBVIOUSLY Brass Monkey.

anecorbie, I love the idea of fighting yourself - we've talked about this before in both corners of the Spiral, and it's quite complicated. We may solve the riddle of how to make that happen someday though!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Professor Falmea on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:
Love the ideas everyone! I agree, I could definitely use a rematch against Finn Dorsal myself, and OBVIOUSLY Brass Monkey.

anecorbie, I love the idea of fighting yourself - we've talked about this before in both corners of the Spiral, and it's quite complicated. We may solve the riddle of how to make that happen someday though!
Respectfully, anecorbie and Professor Falmea -- "fighting ourselves" sounds too much like PvP. Maybe we need to be able to visit a Monstrodome for Pirates?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:

I think it would have to be a solo dungeon, like Promotion quests ( simply because of the different variables in player's training and gear ).
Maybe a "stripped down" version of ourselves with a designated weapon?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I was fond of the little fight with the troggies that gives the "Grill Boss" badge. Since it happens at a fairly low level, I don't think many go back to see that boss much. It would be interesting to see what a rematch would be like, and a different, more challenging, secondary mission to achieve victory. The ones where we do more than just defeat enemies tend to be memorable, usually involving a rescue, activating devices, or having to defend a specific character.

Ensign
Apr 25, 2014
I was finishing up some quests in Cool Ranch and came across Squinty again. I find him so funny and feel like we need to give him a chance to join our crew and hunt for treasure along side us.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
A new instance featuring Moo and the Nef-5 would be great, but not adding to the Tower.
Honestly, I think Moo Manchu should have a castle of his own to surpass his tower. A large castle about Moo Manchu would make a really great new stronghold for him.

That, & I would think he should have some new minions at his aide, rather than using some old ones, but if the Nef-5 would return, I think they should have new more stronger & monstrous forms. & Moo Manchu would have a new tier with a new phase that should have him drink a new elixir he created as his near-last resort when he's close to defeat & gains a new bigger, stronger form, with a portal in his central chamber that threatens to swallow MooShu's people to the betwixt parts in the Outer Void.

What do you think?

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Mooshu Falcon on Aug 26, 2018 wrote:
I was finishing up some quests in Cool Ranch and came across Squinty again. I find him so funny and feel like we need to give him a chance to join our crew and hunt for treasure along side us.
Turns out there already is a companion just like him! You recruit a crab witchdoctor for free from a sidequest in Granchia, Valencia if you're a Swashbuckler. He has a pretty cool attack animation and can summon a Crawlie, too! I'd only reccomend using him if you like giving less-used companions a try, because the Crab Hermit is the subject of many jokes among the community...

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
Ooh, yes, Falmea did mention enemy turned ally re-match, I wonder in what circumstances that could have happened? Time travel? Or alternate universe?
Maybe the dream world, like the new key boss Old Scratch fight?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
I was fond of the little fight with the troggies that gives the "Grill Boss" badge. Since it happens at a fairly low level, I don't think many go back to see that boss much. It would be interesting to see what a rematch would be like, and a different, more challenging, secondary mission to achieve victory. The ones where we do more than just defeat enemies tend to be memorable, usually involving a rescue, activating devices, or having to defend a specific character.
The boss is Eep Opp Ork Ah-ah, a nice reference to the Jetsons cartoon, that made me laugh.