Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How can you play this game for so long?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 29, 2018
so 3 days ago I was bored I had nothing to play I didn't wanna play the games that I've been playing anymore but then I remembered Pirate101 a game that I had fun playing as a kid but had to stop because I didn't have the money to pay for the subscription I played the free parts of the game you cant go on once you get to a certain point I think it was about 5 years ago so I downloaded the game I am around level 29 right now but starting to lose interest in this game so fast it was really fun at first i went around the world doing this and that I had A LOT OF FUN but things became super repetitive battles are super loooonng and boring even with the fast combat on quests are now chores having to battle 8 ships over and over I think one side quest in Big Sky makes you battle 24 ships enemies are super though my crewmates levels would always be higher than the enemies' yet I still have a hard time defeating them side quests are all the same and if you don't do them your nautical level would be behind your actual level and you would have a hard time doing ship battles I actually don't know what nautical levels but I always have a hard time defeating ships don't get me wrong I really like this game and want to enjoy it but it is just not possible because it is so repetitive. I just wish the quests were shorter, like instead of making us defeat 8 ships why not 3 or 4? I also feel super under powered even though my levels would always be higher than the enemies I always have the highest level gear I can use but yet I still have a hard time defeating the enemies which makes the battles super long and boring. I really want to find out about the new quests new rewards but I just can't go on anymore

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
For me, it's always been the other players in the game that keep it fun. I like working with other players, trying to work seamlessly with their moves. Conversation keeps it fresh too. Some of the drudgery of long quests is eased when you have a friend there to pull more of what you need into a fight, or using their ships to to speed up those nautical quests.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
lengsis on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
so 3 days ago I was bored I had nothing to play I didn't wanna play the games that I've been playing anymore but then I remembered Pirate101 a game that I had fun playing as a kid but had to stop because I didn't have the money to pay for the subscription I played the free parts of the game you cant go on once you get to a certain point I think it was about 5 years ago so I downloaded the game I am around level 29 right now but starting to lose interest in this game so fast it was really fun at first i went around the world doing this and that I had A LOT OF FUN but things became super repetitive battles are super loooonng and boring even with the fast combat on quests are now chores having to battle 8 ships over and over I think one side quest in Big Sky makes you battle 24 ships enemies are super though my crewmates levels would always be higher than the enemies' yet I still have a hard time defeating them side quests are all the same and if you don't do them your nautical level would be behind your actual level and you would have a hard time doing ship battles I actually don't know what nautical levels but I always have a hard time defeating ships don't get me wrong I really like this game and want to enjoy it but it is just not possible because it is so repetitive. I just wish the quests were shorter, like instead of making us defeat 8 ships why not 3 or 4? I also feel super under powered even though my levels would always be higher than the enemies I always have the highest level gear I can use but yet I still have a hard time defeating the enemies which makes the battles super long and boring. I really want to find out about the new quests new rewards but I just can't go on anymore
Wow. It's good that you are reaching out for help if you've hit a kind of a wall here.

I've played this game since Beta, and I think battles are exciting because I play with a randomized crew that gives me something different against those enemies that I have to defeat so many of. I enjoy sinking ships and getting new ship equipment to make my ship better against enemies -- I sink extra ships to gain more nautical and help my pirate gain advantages over those enemies.

It sounds like you have pretty much played a straight solo game, without engaging others to learn more about aspects of the game like gear and pets, etc.

I don't know what level pet you have, or what level ship you are using, or what gear you have on to make things seem difficult and repetitive.

Visit some fan sites and learn more about gear and how to gain better pets and ships and ship equipment. You don't need to sink fewer ships per quest -- sink MORE and gain new equipment, more gold, and Scrip.

Set yourself some goals, farm for something special, try morphing your pets.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Those long ship quests are there to give you the necessary nautical experience. You get the experience from defeating the ships ( either by sinking or boarding ) and by completing the quest. That 24 ship quest only requires you to defeat that number of ships, you're not looking to collect items ( thank goodness! )
If it's becoming a chore, take a break and do something else.
Are your companions leveled? Are using more than your favorite 3? Sometimes your favorites aren't up to every kind of fight. Try using different companions if your team seems to be failing often.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
You appear to be in the torture fest known as Book 7. Book 7 has killed my motivation on not 1, not 2, but 3 pirates! Once you get past Book 7, the game gets much better. You just gotta trust me on that. Just power through, and know that brighter pastures are soon to come.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Well, I like it a lot better than what's popular these days.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Perhaps you'd enjoy the game more if you were playing with someone instead of alone. That not only speeds up those long nautical battles, it allows you to talk to someone instead of playing in isolation.

Use fast combat if you find the animations during battles irritatingly slow.

Take all the quests that are offered; you can often double- or triple-dip battles to get credit for multiple quests.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
From what it sounds like, you're in the slow part of Cool Ranch, or as I like to call it, "Eternal Wild, Wild West Aesthetic (Yeehaw!)"

We've all been there- it's a struggle to get through that section, but once you do, oh boy does the game pick back up. Higher amounts of defeat-and-collect or just plain defeat quest goals are to give you more exp (both regular and nautical).

If you're having trouble with fights, mix up your strategy and companions- what's not working? Figure out why you aren't winning, and adjust accordingly.

Good luck in questing if you decide to continue; I really hope this one chunk of snail-paced progression doesn't put you off the rest of the game. In my opinion, suffering through Cool Ranch is a rite of passage on the way to the absolute masterpiece that is Marleybone's story arc.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2018
Thank you for the responds, I think I will give it try again and see whats after Cool Ranch.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
lengsis on Aug 5, 2018 wrote:
Thank you for the responds, I think I will give it try again and see whats after Cool Ranch.
It really does get better after Cool Ranch, but I agree that CR is interminable while you're doing it.

And they made it faster by giving us the stagecoach. My first pirate to go through wanted to slit her wrists rather than face another "sail from one end of the world to the other do pick up a thing that you have to drop off here before I'll tell you to go back and grab something else that you could just as well have collected on the way" quest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 24, 2018 wrote:
It really does get better after Cool Ranch, but I agree that CR is interminable while you're doing it.

And they made it faster by giving us the stagecoach. My first pirate to go through wanted to slit her wrists rather than face another "sail from one end of the world to the other do pick up a thing that you have to drop off here before I'll tell you to go back and grab something else that you could just as well have collected on the way" quest.
Don't forget that we weren't able to place marks "back in the day"! These 2 things make CR a whole lot shorter ( it's still a grind, though. )

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
I'm sorry to hear the game has become dull for you. Perhaps try out a new Pirate class? I leveled with a Buccaneer for a while until I discovered I enjoyed Privy.

Try setting your crew to random. This makes every battle different from the last, and requires more active strategy than the 'rinse and repeat' you're probably useful. If you happen to see me in-game, I can probably help you out with the more annoying areas.

Cedric Moone

Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
I do agree with you about the ship battles and how it is sorta repetitive and stuff like that. But the thing that keep me going through Cool Ranch, was that i was going to get El Toro. And guess what, I got through it because I set a goal. I may sound like a teacher by saying this but, set goals in pirate, say i will get through Moosho and go to Marleybone because I want to see the dogs and how they act. I mean what I would do if I had to kill 24 ships, I did that quest, I feel the pain, but I what I did was get to a higher level and knock it out of the way, I just say, get er done. Or if waiting is not your thing then maybe you should try boarding the ships instead if that is your style. I mean if that is not your thing, I got nothing for you but you know, maybe try those things out.

Flunked Ship Battler Tireless Cole, 40 Buckaro