Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Major lag under certain circumstances

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 25, 2017
Hi. Most of the time, when I am in broadside combat and while characters are performing powers, I lag a lot. As in, I am getting 10-20 FPS (I got this using my recording software, which also says that I get around 60 while just flying around in the skyways). However, when I checked Task Manager, it says that Pirate101 is only using less than 30% of my GPU. Why is this happening and is there any way to lessen this lag?

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
I think that’s a problem we all have.. It takes a legit whole minute for me to load onto a ship, FROZEN.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
How about we all post about times we lagged to death in the funniest/worst times!

One time, I was in the Nefarious battle of Moo Manchu, And my character literally lagged beside the buccaneer during my teleport, on the first turn. You can tell that after that we all died... Bahahaha... Luckily, we stuck together and just redid it

Ensign
Dec 25, 2017
Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Thunder Rifle on Jul 24, 2018 wrote:
rip us all
@EthanTG5..

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Thunder Rifle on Jul 24, 2018 wrote:
rip us all
Well, that's quite the gloomy outlook, eh?

Ensign
Dec 25, 2017
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
Well, that's quite the gloomy outlook, eh?
It isn't an outlook, sadly. It's reality ;(

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Thunder Rifle on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
It isn't an outlook, sadly. It's reality ;(
I... I see.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I think this may just be a problem with the type of devices you're using. Powers and ship combat are more "high intensive" graphically than normal play, hence the FPS drop. The only advice I can give is to turn down your graphics detail in options.