Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Brawlin' vs Plunderin'

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2016
I've noticed that my companions have been getting much weaker as time goes on, so while I'm between subscriptions I've decided to toughen them up. My question is, is it more efficient to have them go Brawlin' for experience, or to have them get gold so I can buy training points? (No Talents related to either at the moment.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpookyNoodle on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
I've noticed that my companions have been getting much weaker as time goes on, so while I'm between subscriptions I've decided to toughen them up. My question is, is it more efficient to have them go Brawlin' for experience, or to have them get gold so I can buy training points? (No Talents related to either at the moment.)
My advice is to have them Scavengin', very often you'll get more gold from selling the gear they come back with than the gold from Plunderin' ( according to level, of course ) there's also the chance they may come back with useful, carded gear.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
SpookyNoodle on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
Are you doing the Party Barge quests? Depending on your level, those will give you either 4,000, 20,000 or 40,000 gold per day -- many training tomes can be bought with that.

Brawlin' for experience is most useful when they are actually close to their next training level. If you have a new crewmate who is at or above your level, send them Keel Haulin' to get a free tome daily. Plunderin' is okay, but unless you are lucky enough to get the bonus gold pile, as @anecorbie says, scavenging for gear may be more lucrative.

Train your pets to obtain the more rare pet gear, and sell that for gold at the Pet Gear Vendor in Circus Maximus. Extra pet eggs can sometimes sell for a good amount of gold as well. Last year, I did a series of posts on Pirate101 Central discussing each of the various tasks and how best to use them, here is a link to the Pet Wranglin' task:

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?60735&p=301441#post301441

Each of the posts begins with the "Companion Tasks" title if you want to look at them all.

I hope you find this information helpful.