Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Each Class Main Companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 25, 2016
I was wondering what other people think are the best main group of companions to use for each class. I personally think these are the best:

Lvl 70 = Kobe Yojimbo, Contessa Argento, Eagle Hoplite
Lvl 66 = Sarah Steele, El Toro, Bonnie Anne
Lvl 60 = Chantal Livingstone, El Toro, Bonnie Anne
Lvl 59 = Iago, Egg Shen, El Toro
Lvl 58 = Carcarius Grimtooth, Kan Po, Old Scratch

I was also wondering what you guys think of my teams for each class, and what adjustments you may possibly make so I can think about it and see how good the companions you guys suggest are.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
While you may have set up some good teams for yourself, personally, I prefer a randomized crew. Not knowing who will turn up and whether they will have trouble adds excitement to every battle.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I use the "First Mate" set up as I like having El Toro's buff for whichever of my crew show up. I change strategy with who shows up in battle, this keeps the game "fresh" and allows me to be thinking of what I'll be doing - instead of a robotic response to every battle.
Don't you get tired of seeing the same old faces and doing the same old attacks for every battle? Also, there's the risk of your favorites hitting the floor during an unlucky battle and going on bed rest.

Ensign
Nov 07, 2010
I'd replace "Eagle Hoplite" with Peter Quint
Bonnie Anne with Fan Flanders
Iago with Marchioness/Contessa

Admiral
May 30, 2010
While I'll concede that a particular companion might be better for a given fight I don't think one is better than the other overall, at least not enough better to be called "best".

Like many others, I randomize my crew when I'm in battle, so I really don't have a preferred companion (other than how they look; I don't much care for the CR guys, even though they're good).

Ensign
Jan 27, 2018
For my buccaneer my top 4 are
Bagha Khan
Temujin
Peter quint
Dead mike

For my privateer:
Old scratch
Egg shen
Gracie Conrad.

Ensign
Jul 18, 2013
My best companions on buccaneer:
Peter Quint
We tang
Goronado
Temujin
Contessa

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
I don’t honestly think there’s a best.. I mean, my witch uses all musketeer companions, my swashbuckler just uses the normal composition for the class, my buccaneer uses witch companions, my musketeer uses privateer companions. So....