Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Grandfather spider and Spiral of pirate

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
this is a theory that I came to yesterday, and wanted to post. I asked about then wanted to further the discussion.

Where it begins.... grand father spider (wiz) escapes and destroys the chain of creation. This kill battle bee and the roots of the world no longer hold the world. This causes all the world to split and slide. (Explains why we have broken world fragments like parts of Mooshu rather then a whole world). Thus as required the survivors to build ships to be able to navigate the torn worlds.

Pirate101 begins here: magic has been lost to the spiral. The fall of ravenwood on the broken shores (full out magical war) left some husks of magic. (Aquila and frozen wizard). This lead to humans being able to "revive" magic. This resulted in witch doctors. (This is why it has some wizard101 spells but they look primitive).

200 - 2000 years pass: the event of wiz become history that is convoluted. (History of mooshu, Polaris, Khrysallis, DS) which is why it is presented in a way that is so " children open your book to page about 900 BCE".

In the chaos of the world people create pirates. Without and real magical government controlling the world, people turn to stealing to survive. The survivors of wizard city construct Skull Island republic. (Before this skull island was an island of the spider in khrusallis, where Coleridge comes from with spider in wizard)

To attempt to control the world the armada is formed. This was an attempt to stop the warring factions. But due to lack of wizard city magic is not controlled. It takes control of the Marko polo. It forces him to travel to mirage ( known to them as el dorado). There pollo accidentally releases shadow magic. This shadow magic takes control of Kane. (Golden brain). We the wizard try to hunt him down.

Where does this go?

Eventually we reach el darado (hopefully kingisle). Pirate there leans shadow magic. He must then leave the spiral and find grand mother raven. Since raven abandoned the spiral. We travel outside and find what is left of the arcanum. We learn what actually happened. It becomes our new quest to heal the spiral. Our new villain becomes spider- spider is hiding we need to find him

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on May 31, 2018 wrote:
this is a theory that I came to yesterday, and wanted to post. I asked about then wanted to further the discussion.

Where it begins.... grand father spider (wiz) escapes and destroys the chain of creation. This kill battle bee and the roots of the world no longer hold the world. This causes all the world to split and slide. (Explains why we have broken world fragments like parts of Mooshu rather then a whole world). Thus as required the survivors to build ships to be able to navigate the torn worlds.

Pirate101 begins here: magic has been lost to the spiral. The fall of ravenwood on the broken shores (full out magical war) left some husks of magic. (Aquila and frozen wizard). This lead to humans being able to "revive" magic. This resulted in witch doctors. (This is why it has some wizard101 spells but they look primitive).

200 - 2000 years pass: the event of wiz become history that is convoluted. (History of mooshu, Polaris, Khrysallis, DS) which is why it is presented in a way that is so " children open your book to page about 900 BCE".

In the chaos of the world people create pirates. Without and real magical government controlling the world, people turn to stealing to survive. The survivors of wizard city construct Skull Island republic. (Before this skull island was an island of the spider in khrusallis, where Coleridge comes from with spider in wizard)

To attempt to control the world the armada is formed. This was an attempt to stop the warring factions. But due to lack of wizard city magic is not controlled. It takes control of the Marko polo. It forces him to travel to mirage ( known to them as el dorado). There pollo accidentally releases shadow magic. This shadow magic takes control of Kane. (Golden brain). We the wizard try to hunt him down.

Where does this go?

Eventually we reach el darado (hopefully kingisle). Pirate there leans shadow magic. He must then leave the spiral and find grand mother raven. Since raven abandoned the spiral. We travel outside and find what is left of the arcanum. We learn what actually happened. It becomes our new quest to heal the spiral. Our new villain becomes spider- spider is hiding we need to find him
This has been explained by Blind Mew often, P101 and W101 inhabit the same Spiral at the same time. We have world fragments ( just like W101 ) because the First World was destroyed by Bartleby's children whom he sang into existence - The Dragons, Giants & Tritons. Bartleby managed to hold on to those fragments which created the Spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
More lore from W101: Ambrose in his travels discovers Bartleby and founds Ravenwood as a school of magic. Coleridge is obviously a Rat pirate from Skull Island ( likely Scrimshaw ). Skull Island has all the characteristics of the Floating Lands ( Clelestia ), except the water, it is nothing like Khrysalis.
Everything in this game indicates that pirates and wizards are sharing the same Spiral. Wan Mo mentions that the Emperor was cursed by a necromancer from Wizard City ( Malastaire - the puppet show even shows Malastaire ).
We have Mycroft Bones, who mentions his brother,Sherlock; we have Meowiarty, as well. We have Marleybone and we can see Marleybone City from the skyway.

Mirage is nothing like the El Dorado shown in Gazpaccio's puppet show, it is more like Celetia in it's buildings and the Golden Guardians that attacked Pollo's crew.
The Armada was formed to fight Napoleguin, not to control the worlds of the Spiral. Shadow Magic is completely different from the spirit based magic that Witchdoctors know, none of the classes have the ability to use Shadow Magic.
This idea is just trying to make Pirate101 a mere copy of Wizard101, it doesn't fit the format shown or the battle mechanics we use.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
My theory does not contradict this. Pirate101 is in same spiral as wizard, but weather it is the same time as wizard is to be debated. What the devs said can not make sense, since wizard has no physical world and pirate does. There is a huge difference between world structure and that can not be a coincidence.

Shadow magic is in a way in pirate101. It might not be called shadow magic yet because we ar not far enough in the story yet. Necromancy for all purposes is one step away from shadow magic. And witch doctor can clearly raise the dead, beguile etc.

And as the golden heart, what makes it run we are unsure. Gaspacio did not state how the heart works. So my theory is valid there.

As in case with Malistate and mooshu emperor, it does not matter. The emperor who was cursed by malistare could have been sleeping for 200 - 2000 years. We have absolute no idea of the time span. For all we know the wizard awakens him before ds from the jade oni. But we learn of a cult with the cat ninja. They could have easily put the emperor to sleep (after wizard left).

We can debate this for almost ever. There is no real answer here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:
My theory does not contradict this. Pirate101 is in same spiral as wizard, but weather it is the same time as wizard is to be debated. What the devs said can not make sense, since wizard has no physical world and pirate does. There is a huge difference between world structure and that can not be a coincidence.

Shadow magic is in a way in pirate101. It might not be called shadow magic yet because we ar not far enough in the story yet. Necromancy for all purposes is one step away from shadow magic. And witch doctor can clearly raise the dead, beguile etc.

And as the golden heart, what makes it run we are unsure. Gaspacio did not state how the heart works. So my theory is valid there.

As in case with Malistate and mooshu emperor, it does not matter. The emperor who was cursed by malistare could have been sleeping for 200 - 2000 years. We have absolute no idea of the time span. For all we know the wizard awakens him before ds from the jade oni. But we learn of a cult with the cat ninja. They could have easily put the emperor to sleep (after wizard left).

We can debate this for almost ever. There is no real answer here.
The real answer was provided by Blind Mew in one of his "Blind Mew's Musings" posts, he confirmed that W101 and P101 are running currently.
There is no difference in world structure at all, if you realize that the wizard is usually in the middle of a large continent. But you actually see the Sky Island structure of P101 in Krokotopia and Grizzleheim, this proves that the physical structures of the worlds in both games are consistent.
Not only is there Malistaire but there is also Meowiarty ( or do you actually believe that we talk to a 2,000 year old cat? ) and there is also Mycroft Bones, who mentions his brother Sherlock, are these Dogs also 2,000 years old?
Professor Diaz in Santo Pollo asks you to gather storm clouds and skysnake fangs for the Professors in Wizard City - if all the Wizards are dead and gone, why is he asking us to do this?
Wizard magic is entirely different from Witchdoctor magic. One forces the physical world to conform to what they want, the other draws on the Spiritual nature of the world. "Magic" isn't one category but many, you can't say one spell is just like another when the energies to create the magic are different.
In your opening post you said nothing about how the Golden Heart or Mind runs, you only stated that Mirage was El Dorado, and I disagree. There is nothing to indicate that El Dorado is Mirage ( or any other world currently in either game ).

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
Sorry for the long reply either way.

- yes wizard and pirate are running currently (what they would stop one game till the other finished, then start it? That does not mean pirate101 is not into the future)

-No there is no depiction that in wizard we are in the heart of the continent, since if you are correct pirate101 and wiz would share some of its places. This is not the case. We have no areas that they share. Why? It's a different time. We don't have the same towns, npcs, areas, or even mobs for that matter. That's because the mobs are long gone.

-yes I do believe Meow can be between 200-2000 years. Monkey king had a 10,000 year sentence. And there is no indication how long someone can live. And of that no one stated that he is his direct cousin. Could be an ancestor or relative.

-I never said all of them are dead. I said they were destroyed and became witch doctors. Witch doctors could have same recipes for spells as wizards. Which is why wizard spells are ship powers. Since magic (Wands) are not really complex, as such requiring massive ships to use same basic spells we could cast.

-no the magic is the same. The spells use the same basic stuff from observation. Since all magic was created from ancient beings (spider, raven, etc). That why we have spirit magic in wiz. In pirate it's called necromancy. And as such is why we lack pyromancers and deviners in pirate101. As even in wiz it's considered advanced magics. Which is why only a few npc use it in pirate. Moo Manchu, dragon prince. It's also why in pirate there is no celestial magic. Kane was the only one who could have slightly used it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
Sorry for the long reply either way.

- yes wizard and pirate are running currently (what they would stop one game till the other finished, then start it? That does not mean pirate101 is not into the future)

-No there is no depiction that in wizard we are in the heart of the continent, since if you are correct pirate101 and wiz would share some of its places. This is not the case. We have no areas that they share. Why? It's a different time. We don't have the same towns, npcs, areas, or even mobs for that matter. That's because the mobs are long gone.

-yes I do believe Meow can be between 200-2000 years. Monkey king had a 10,000 year sentence. And there is no indication how long someone can live. And of that no one stated that he is his direct cousin. Could be an ancestor or relative.

-I never said all of them are dead. I said they were destroyed and became witch doctors. Witch doctors could have same recipes for spells as wizards. Which is why wizard spells are ship powers. Since magic (Wands) are not really complex, as such requiring massive ships to use same basic spells we could cast.

-no the magic is the same. The spells use the same basic stuff from observation. Since all magic was created from ancient beings (spider, raven, etc). That why we have spirit magic in wiz. In pirate it's called necromancy. And as such is why we lack pyromancers and deviners in pirate101. As even in wiz it's considered advanced magics. Which is why only a few npc use it in pirate. Moo Manchu, dragon prince. It's also why in pirate there is no celestial magic. Kane was the only one who could have slightly used it.
How can the stories be running currently, yet have P101 set in the future? I don't think you have a good grasp of the story line or concepts shown in this game and now I refuse to argue with someone basically out of touch with this story.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
Sorry for dragging this on, I been busy to reply.

Anecorbie do not attempt to discredit me by ignorance and being rude. Your insult has nothing not to do with the discussion.

Now to explain to you why thy can not be in same time.

In wizard101 we visit both Mooshu and marlybone. However if they were "running currently" we would have heard about a massive war. A war that literally broke all of marlybone apart. If this was so, meowiyarty would not be in Big Ben. He would have been in glass prison. Unless Meow has a doppelgänger there is no possiblity for them to be in different place at same time.

In addition if pirate101 and wizard were running currently why have we not heard of the armada in wizard. A force that during gameplay sacks most of the places. Sure according to you they might be in opposite parts of the world- but not even one mention? The answer is simple it does not exist. Why because the time is not the same.

I rest my case

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 11, 2018 wrote:
Sorry for dragging this on, I been busy to reply.

Anecorbie do not attempt to discredit me by ignorance and being rude. Your insult has nothing not to do with the discussion.

Now to explain to you why thy can not be in same time.

In wizard101 we visit both Mooshu and marlybone. However if they were "running currently" we would have heard about a massive war. A war that literally broke all of marlybone apart. If this was so, meowiyarty would not be in Big Ben. He would have been in glass prison. Unless Meow has a doppelgänger there is no possiblity for them to be in different place at same time.

In addition if pirate101 and wizard were running currently why have we not heard of the armada in wizard. A force that during gameplay sacks most of the places. Sure according to you they might be in opposite parts of the world- but not even one mention? The answer is simple it does not exist. Why because the time is not the same.

I rest my case
Then you're saying that the KI writers are lying or have no idea what they're talking about. There is a slight lag in time between the games. The war occurs after the events in Marleybone in W101. Meowiarty was arrested in W101 and was sent to Glass House Prison. We talk to him near the end of the game ( just before we return to Valencia ). And he's not a doppleganger or 2,000 years old.
In MooShu, we hear that the Emperor was cursed into a sleep, but we are in fact in a province far from The Jade Palace ( you can see this by looking at the sky ,n W101 MooShu is in full daylight, in P101 it's dawn. ) Obviously, news of the Emperor's cure hasn't yet filtered to the provinces.
None of this is incongruous. There is no mention of the armada simply because P101 is a newer game than W101, when they wrote the wizard story there was no idea of the armada, putting the armada in w101 would create hassle in re-writing and recording dialogue
Also, wizards aren't concerned with physical threats to society, they are concerned with magical threats. Otherwise why haven't we heard of Morganth ( oh wait, we did in Xol Akmul ) or Grandfather Spider as well? Because the 2 games have different enemies in the same universe in the same time ( give or take a few months. )
I rest my case.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There are also mentions of pirates in W101 in Azteca and Khrysalis.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
I do think that the devs may have forgotten some parts of the lore resulting in the problems and loop holes. (Since it's not developed by a single person but by a company small details might be missed)

Secondly Anecorbie you have clearly retracted your position from its running currently to yes there is a time gap. That alone shows that my theory holds up. Now for the details....

You proposition with meow has a major flaw. for one we know that meow was never caught. He in fact admits to walking into the prison as it is the safest place. In wizard there is no war. As such no reason for meow to hand himself in. You are clearly fallen to cause and effect fallacy. There is no indication that wizard interaction with meow is the same causation as in pirate101. And physical threats are a threat in wiz. A comet hitting Azteca is clearly a physical threat.

Now to further hit the nail with azteca. We know Azteca is ruined. It takes time to rebuild a civilization. You don't do this in a short time span. This further suggest a large time span. About 200 - 2000 years like I suggested.

About Mooshu emperor you are once again wrong. If he was asleep monkey king would not say "if we are not back call the emperor". But since in your version not enough time has passed people would think he is asleep. Again indicating a large time gap since a old fashioned world like Mooshu such evidence would spread slowly.

I am sorry anecorbie but ya are just wrong. I have to suggest ya reread the lore before ya argue again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:
I do think that the devs may have forgotten some parts of the lore resulting in the problems and loop holes. (Since it's not developed by a single person but by a company small details might be missed)

Secondly Anecorbie you have clearly retracted your position from its running currently to yes there is a time gap. That alone shows that my theory holds up. Now for the details....

You proposition with meow has a major flaw. for one we know that meow was never caught. He in fact admits to walking into the prison as it is the safest place. In wizard there is no war. As such no reason for meow to hand himself in. You are clearly fallen to cause and effect fallacy. There is no indication that wizard interaction with meow is the same causation as in pirate101. And physical threats are a threat in wiz. A comet hitting Azteca is clearly a physical threat.

Now to further hit the nail with azteca. We know Azteca is ruined. It takes time to rebuild a civilization. You don't do this in a short time span. This further suggest a large time span. About 200 - 2000 years like I suggested.

About Mooshu emperor you are once again wrong. If he was asleep monkey king would not say "if we are not back call the emperor". But since in your version not enough time has passed people would think he is asleep. Again indicating a large time gap since a old fashioned world like Mooshu such evidence would spread slowly.

I am sorry anecorbie but ya are just wrong. I have to suggest ya reread the lore before ya argue again.
A small time gap of a few months is still running currently; even Blind Mew has stated that there are small time differences. There isn't a gap of thousands of years separating the action of P101 from W101.
Meowiarty lied, he was caught by being defeated by the wizard, he was just messing with your head - trusting what Meow says about his capture is a big mistake.
Xibalba hit Azteca through the direct cause of Morganth controlling the Shadow Lords, thus this is a magical attack.. Where do you get the idea that Azteca was rebuilt? When we visit Xol Akmul, we're told specfically that this city was built in the past and that the present inhabitants came there "to escape the cataclysm to come". They're simply inhabiting an old city built by ancestors.

I'm not wrong about MooShu, the Emperor was awakened from the curse and Monkey King ( being a Celestial spirit ) has this knowledge.
I know the lore of this game front to back, I've played through the story on 3 accounts on all classes.
We'll never agree on this topic and I suggest that this post be closed as it's no longer productive.

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
For what it is worth I agree we had a good discussion. Let's end it. @ratbeard