Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mount-a-Palooza and Fairy Wings

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm very happy that Mount-a-Palooza is back, and fortunately just in time for a purchase of crowns for my pirates; BUT Fairy Wings Come on, KI, we're a band of tough pirates, the terror of the skyways, trouncer of clockworks! Fairy Wings just doesn't say "Pirate".
Now if these wings were all black with the skull & crossbones on them, yes, that would be a way to make these wings piratety.
Also, I must say that bringing a Wizard mount into Pirate is ( I'm sorry to say this ) lazy. I'd rather do without a "new" mount than this disappointing addition.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 23, 2018 wrote:
I'm very happy that Mount-a-Palooza is back, and fortunately just in time for a purchase of crowns for my pirates; BUT Fairy Wings Come on, KI, we're a band of tough pirates, the terror of the skyways, trouncer of clockworks! Fairy Wings just doesn't say "Pirate".
Now if these wings were all black with the skull & crossbones on them, yes, that would be a way to make these wings piratety.
Also, I must say that bringing a Wizard mount into Pirate is ( I'm sorry to say this ) lazy. I'd rather do without a "new" mount than this disappointing addition.
I kind of agree, dyeable pirate flag wings would have been awesome. Or having wings that match our SAILS??? Wow -- I'd pay lots of crowns for some of those.

On the heels of the butterfly swarm, these do seem a bit lacking in the originality department, but I'm sure that there are pirates who love them. We aren't all tough old terrors of the skyways -- some of us act just like the kids our characters are supposed to be.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
I kind of agree, dyeable pirate flag wings would have been awesome. Or having wings that match our SAILS??? Wow -- I'd pay lots of crowns for some of those.

On the heels of the butterfly swarm, these do seem a bit lacking in the originality department, but I'm sure that there are pirates who love them. We aren't all tough old terrors of the skyways -- some of us act just like the kids our characters are supposed to be.

I do understand that some players don't mind that a mount is or isn't "piratey"; if they like the mount, they'll buy it. Yet, when KI marketed the Birthday Balloon mount they didn't direct copy the Wizard version, but gave us our own version reflecting this game. It would have been just as simple to change the colors of the Fairy Wings to make it more in line with Pirate101.
Also there are some mounts in W101 that I would love to see here - like the Cephalopod Racer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:

I've just thought of something - it would have been awesome if the class symbols had been on these wings! ( sigh ) oh well, maybe some other time.....

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
I do understand that some players don't mind that a mount is or isn't "piratey"; if they like the mount, they'll buy it. Yet, when KI marketed the Birthday Balloon mount they didn't direct copy the Wizard version, but gave us our own version reflecting this game. It would have been just as simple to change the colors of the Fairy Wings to make it more in line with Pirate101.
Also there are some mounts in W101 that I would love to see here - like the Cephalopod Racer.
True - if they had been Class-oriented wings - Witchdoctor wings could have been green and purple, Privateers could have the blue ones, etc.

Good thinking -- maybe for a future option?