Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

good setup

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
hat=courupted wushis hat
robe=robe of houndini
boots=swami's slippers
staff=staff of power
eyepatch=technomages glasses
totem=earthern charm
charm=ring hand amulet
ring=wranglers ring

My companions will be el toro with BS2 relentless 2 and riposte 2, nausica with burst 2 double tap 2 and true grit one, and scratch with witch hunter one echo three and mojo blast three, so is this a good setup?

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
Pretty decent gear but no one really uses the swami slippers anymore. I’d use either scout’s headband (valor armor) or the tower hat you using. For robe, keep your robe. It’s the best option you got. In terms of boots, the best to use is the gladiator boots but if you don’t have them/want to buy the bundle then just use the lvl 65 walk in darkness boots from the bazaar. These boots are really good to protect yourself from a hit for a few rounds. For your weapon, I would honestly drop the staff of power for either nefarious staff or the haywire heironymous staff. You could use phule’s wand too. I’m assuming you don’t have champ weapons so that’s why I’m not mentioning them until now. If you do, use either fall or spring champion weapon. For your eyepatch, I’d use either eyepatch of recuperation (gives revive). You don’t really need the tech glasses on a witch imo. Witches needs as many shields and heals as possible. Your totem looks good. I wouldn’t change it. For your charm, you could use another absorb (i would have 2) spirit walkers charm is what it’s called I believe. Right hand charm works too but honestly I never find myself using mojo storm twice in a match. Ring is good. For your pet, you want scent 2, rally, and krackens lament at minimum. Some extra good epics/talents to have is elusive, soul weaver, time warp/rainbow blessing and webs.

El toro should have first strike 3 relentless 2 because first strike 3 can remove hide and it’s better than him chaining because he won’t a lot of the time. I’d give nausica true grit 3 and burst 2. You really just want her to counter musket units. You drop true grit 3 for double tap 1 and true grit 2 if you want. Nowadays, everyone gives scratch mojo echo 2, improved mojo blast 3, and witch hunter 2 in case he survives to do more damage. Mojo echo 3 is kinda like burst 3 and it’s better to have the mojo echo 2 and the extra witch hunter instead. Other companions you should use include ratbeard, Bonnie, and exter.

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
If you don’t have exter that’s fine but he’s a really good investment for witch. You really want to protect your companions as a witch because once their dead it’s very hard to win. The reason why is because everyone trains witch hunter and they can chain on you. They can take out like 1-2 thousand damage do your health if you have no shields and they critical; as well as reducing your damage by half. I digress, but, for Bonnie I’d give her overwatch 3 return fire 1 double tap 2 and burst 2. For ratbeard, first strike 3, hold the line 3, and Bladestorm 2. If you have exter I’d give him True grit 3. And finally, for contessa, give her first strike 3, relen 2. Goronado is good as well but honestly you don’t really need him nowadays. If you do ranked you should use scratch ratbeard and nausica. Or el toro instead of ratbeard but you’ll need summons to stop a buck. Good luck my friend. Witch is a very hard class to pvp with but very rewarding when you win.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Thefirstchum on Feb 26, 2018 wrote:
Pretty decent gear but no one really uses the swami slippers anymore. I’d use either scout’s headband (valor armor) or the tower hat you using. For robe, keep your robe. It’s the best option you got. In terms of boots, the best to use is the gladiator boots but if you don’t have them/want to buy the bundle then just use the lvl 65 walk in darkness boots from the bazaar. These boots are really good to protect yourself from a hit for a few rounds. For your weapon, I would honestly drop the staff of power for either nefarious staff or the haywire heironymous staff. You could use phule’s wand too. I’m assuming you don’t have champ weapons so that’s why I’m not mentioning them until now. If you do, use either fall or spring champion weapon. For your eyepatch, I’d use either eyepatch of recuperation (gives revive). You don’t really need the tech glasses on a witch imo. Witches needs as many shields and heals as possible. Your totem looks good. I wouldn’t change it. For your charm, you could use another absorb (i would have 2) spirit walkers charm is what it’s called I believe. Right hand charm works too but honestly I never find myself using mojo storm twice in a match. Ring is good. For your pet, you want scent 2, rally, and krackens lament at minimum. Some extra good epics/talents to have is elusive, soul weaver, time warp/rainbow blessing and webs.

El toro should have first strike 3 relentless 2 because first strike 3 can remove hide and it’s better than him chaining because he won’t a lot of the time. I’d give nausica true grit 3 and burst 2. You really just want her to counter musket units. You drop true grit 3 for double tap 1 and true grit 2 if you want. Nowadays, everyone gives scratch mojo echo 2, improved mojo blast 3, and witch hunter 2 in case he survives to do more damage. Mojo echo 3 is kinda like burst 3 and it’s better to have the mojo echo 2 and the extra witch hunter instead. Other companions you should use include ratbeard, Bonnie, and exter.
If i don't have the revive eyepatch is the levy one alright?

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
Yeah that’s a good eyepatch but you should definitely get the revive eyepatch. Farm sato or captain kid for it. I got it both times questing in my musket, but that must have been luck. It might be hard for you to farm, since drop rates are typically low for stuff like that. Is it worth? Yeah.