Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Party room holidays and decoration suggestions

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I hope they add more days that the Party Room is decorated. I loved that it was decorated for the full Christmas Season, while people were on vacation.

What would YOU like to see in there for other holidays?

I'd like to see them put in something for Groundhog Day. I think it would be funny if they added rodents in there for a rodent party on Feb. 2nd. They already have Aquillan rabbits, and there are tiny rats or mice running around some areas. You can picture some of them scurrying in there on the floor, can't you? And they are things that already exist, in game. Maybe the Cool Ranch skunks could show up too, being furry and similarly sized to groundhogs. As there were Nutcracker crewmen in there with the Christmas decorations, maybe they could put in a couple Guinea Pig crewmen to guard the door. Maybe they could have some torches, and shadows cast on the wall and floor.

Valentines Day- as KI had already created a lot of pink wallpaper, flooring, and other furnishings for Valentine's, I expect it to look good in there in mid February. Please don't disappoint us.

St. Patrick's Day- Green things please, and maybe some Avalon or Albion furnishings. Could some of Wizard's Leprechauns make an appearance?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I'm not sure if it would overlap whatever KI has planned in there for the Spring, but Arbor Day is April 27. They could throw some trees in there for the day (a FRI.), or the weekend.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If they change the Party Room for April First, what joke ought KI pull on us? Oh the possibilities! Do you have an idea?
I have a couple, swap the decorations of the room with the Golden Bough tavern, or UNDERWATER! Enter the party room, and find it just the same, but you you are swimming underwater.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cinco de Mayo! have decorations in the colors of the Mexican flag; also maybe some music from Santo Pollo? OOoh! Let's have the Dos Amigos y Uno provide the music!!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would also like to see decorations for Chinese New Year ( It's the Year of the Dog! )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
Cinco de Mayo! have decorations in the colors of the Mexican flag; also maybe some music from Santo Pollo? OOoh! Let's have the Dos Amigos y Uno provide the music!!!!!
Love the idea of the Dos Amigos y Uno playing in there! It would also work very well if next Halloween they wanted to decorate Day of the Dead style. Candy skulls and the candy skull wallpaper too! There is certainly enough Mooshu furniture in game already to make the party room over for Chinese New Year. Yarr!

I thought of another April first idea, when I went into the tavern at St. Bonobo's Abbey. If they made that the interior of the party room, that would be really funny too. Tiny room with tiny furniture. Wouldn't even need decorations, just a quick surprise when you go in and wonder what's going on.

I have hopes that even if these holiday ideas don't show up this year, they will keep it in mind, and gradually increase the holidays the party room is decorated for.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
If they change the Party Room for April First, what joke ought KI pull on us? Oh the possibilities! Do you have an idea?
I have a couple, swap the decorations of the room with the Golden Bough tavern, or UNDERWATER! Enter the party room, and find it just the same, but you you are swimming underwater.
Instead of doubloons or gold in those chests; have a jack in the box pop up to surprise us!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I wonder who at KI is in charge of decorating the party room. Is it Johnny Ringo, who handles the requests for new furniture, or someone else since it uses furniture that already exists, in game? Is it you, One-Eyed Jack? Falmea? Who ever it is, nice start, it's been good so far.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Friendly Jesse Pew suggested that there ought to be gobblers in the party room on April first. He thinks there is a shortage of gobblers in Pirate.

What if the party room became like Wizard City's library on that day? Do a crossover thing?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Sigh, no Groundhog's Day decorations. At least not THIS year. Can we hope for next year? Or will it feel like it is repeating all over again?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Aw come on! It's the Friendship Festival, special loading screen, special pets, special mounts. Party Room, nothing, not even pink wallpaper. Why? So far, it's only had 2 holidays that it's been decorated, spooky in the fall, Christmas trees in the winter. Is this going to change?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Calamity Finch on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
Aw come on! It's the Friendship Festival, special loading screen, special pets, special mounts. Party Room, nothing, not even pink wallpaper. Why? So far, it's only had 2 holidays that it's been decorated, spooky in the fall, Christmas trees in the winter. Is this going to change?
I get it not being decorated for Groundhog Day but I agree it's rather silly to not be Decorated for Friendship Festival. Another sign Ki has been way busier with Wizard 101. At least we got a minor update, and hopefully later this year when they update ship pvp we get way more nicer stuff.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
Maybe for Pirates De Mayo? I don't think we'll be getting anything for St.Patty's Day. ( mores the pity ).

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Could you at least give us a hint if more holidays are going to be added to the party room decoration list, One-eyed Jack? You don't need to say which, or when they will get around to it. Just, is it somewhere on the list of things to do? If it is, could you let whoever would be in charge of it know about this discussion?

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Alot of fantastic suggestions!
I hope the partyroom will be utilized alot more in the future and not only for the big holidays like christmas and whatnot.
Was sorry to see there was nothing during Valentine but I really hope to see something around Saint Patrick's.
Kegs of eggnog, bags o' gold, maybe some lucky chests, some rainbow candy lying around.
This place has alot of potential!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Even though we haven't seen any new decorations yet this year, I'm not giving up on it. KI must have a pretty big to do list. I'm hoping that party decorations are something easy they can sneak in when they have time. I will say that when it was decorated, and I showed it to people who hadn't seen it, there were very positive reactions, and interest in getting one. Undecorated, more explaining was needed, about what it was, and why it was good.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I just got around to looking at the Feb. newsletter. This thread was mentioned and given a link to look at it. I find that a promising sign that more decorations might appear at some point. Sounds like they want suggestions!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Feb 22, 2018 wrote:
I just got around to looking at the Feb. newsletter. This thread was mentioned and given a link to look at it. I find that a promising sign that more decorations might appear at some point. Sounds like they want suggestions!
I honestly expected to see some hype and stuff for Friendship Festival -- there were Balloons and a Teddy Bear introduced into the Wizard Crown Shop, after all. It would have really underscored the idea of meeting up in the room to make new friends. I haven't visited my Party Room in forever...

A missed opportunity, for sure. I honestly don't understand why some things are introduced in both games at once, while others only go to the Wizard side.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Given some of the new things we have seen added, I would guess the top of their list of things to do are easy things that don't take too long to add, and bring in money quickly. The big ongoing task is probably working on a questing/world update and/ or a crafting type side activity. A new world expansion takes a lot of time and effort, and even after launch, debugging. Even though it brings a lot of people in, some of them blaze through new content and then go again. I think they are trying to build more stuff that keeps people interested between the world expansions. Easy money makers help fuel both those long term efforts. Wizard is bigger and has more of those time fillers to fuel their efforts.
As Willowydream said, it is disappointing when the party room isn't decorated, even for big Spiral holidays. When we have people visit us in the decorated party rooms, I suspect the rooms sell better, than when they see the plain ones.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 23, 2018 wrote:
I honestly expected to see some hype and stuff for Friendship Festival -- there were Balloons and a Teddy Bear introduced into the Wizard Crown Shop, after all. It would have really underscored the idea of meeting up in the room to make new friends. I haven't visited my Party Room in forever...

A missed opportunity, for sure. I honestly don't understand why some things are introduced in both games at once, while others only go to the Wizard side.

The Teddy Bear has been in the crown shop for the Friendship Festival for several years, now. It would be nice if we could get more decorations in the CS for holidays besides Birthday or Christmas.
I've been wanting the Summer decor for P101 since those were introduced. I would love to have a sand castle on the beach at my Cutthroat house!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
The Teddy Bear has been in the crown shop for the Friendship Festival for several years, now. It would be nice if we could get more decorations in the CS for holidays besides Birthday or Christmas.
I've been wanting the Summer decor for P101 since those were introduced. I would love to have a sand castle on the beach at my Cutthroat house!
And I would think those things could also pop into the party room too, as decorations and display models for the crown shop.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
The new Teddy Bear in Wizard101 is larger, and has a red heart on its chest -- more like a Care Bear. I receive many of the small teddy bears from the gift boxes in Skull Island.

I agree wholeheartedly about the summer things - the baby pool, sand castle and beach chair, etc., would be a lot of fun on our beaches.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 2, 2018 wrote:
The new Teddy Bear in Wizard101 is larger, and has a red heart on its chest -- more like a Care Bear. I receive many of the small teddy bears from the gift boxes in Skull Island.

I agree wholeheartedly about the summer things - the baby pool, sand castle and beach chair, etc., would be a lot of fun on our beaches.

I meant the W101 Teddy Bear, it's been in the CS in Wiz for several years. I agree we should have it here.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
What ought they decorate with for Spring? Green grass rug? Pet eggs of various colors? Flowers of the spiral in a vase? Bamboo wallpaper? Blue sky and clouds wallpaper? A pussy willow tree in a planter?(Would you like one as a new furniture item? They could call it a "Spring Willow") A picnic basket and food laid out on a small rug? Aquilan bunnies hopping around the floor? Little birds perched on railings?
What music? Verdi's 'Spring' comes to mind. Beethoven's 'Pastoral' A track of birds tweeting and nature sounds?
I'm really hoping next year at the latest they add some more decorated holidays to the party room. Guest visitors have way better reactions to it when it's decorated.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 25, 2018 wrote:
What ought they decorate with for Spring? Green grass rug? Pet eggs of various colors? Flowers of the spiral in a vase? Bamboo wallpaper? Blue sky and clouds wallpaper? A pussy willow tree in a planter?(Would you like one as a new furniture item? They could call it a "Spring Willow") A picnic basket and food laid out on a small rug? Aquilan bunnies hopping around the floor? Little birds perched on railings?
What music? Verdi's 'Spring' comes to mind. Beethoven's 'Pastoral' A track of birds tweeting and nature sounds?
I'm really hoping next year at the latest they add some more decorated holidays to the party room. Guest visitors have way better reactions to it when it's decorated.
Butterflies flitting around and as for music - I really love your suggestion of nature sounds. Since KI is located in Texas, why not tubs of the famous state flower: Bluebonnets?
I'm getting sick of the bland decor and Cool Ranch Tavern music ( since I despise CR so much. )