Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lets Break The Record For Most Yarrs On One Post

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I am posting this because I want to attempt to break the record for the most yarrs on a single post. My goal is for this post to get 130 yarrs, as it was brought to my attention there was a post that got 121 yarrs, I would have 122 yarrs as the goal, but in order to be safe I'll make the goal 130 yarrs.

I ask no one reply to this post, only yarr it.

PS: Blind Mew, Decius, Falmea, One-Eyed Jack, and Ratbeard, feel free to get in on the yarring action.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
I am posting this because I want to attempt to break the record for the most yarrs on a single post. My goal is for this post to get 130 yarrs, as it was brought to my attention there was a post that got 121 yarrs, I would have 122 yarrs as the goal, but in order to be safe I'll make the goal 130 yarrs.

PS: Blind Mew, Decius, Falmea, One-Eyed Jack, and Ratbeard, feel free to get in on the yarring action.
Yarrrr!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Wow, congratulations on the post being a Sticky Post!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

And One-Eyed Jack Yarring it!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

If a yar is meant to show that people agree with or like what a post says, then why try to beat a post that 121 people honestly liked, with a post that simply says "give me yars"?

Is that even really beating the record held by the previous post?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
CdeWinter on Jan 29, 2018 wrote:
If a yar is meant to show that people agree with or like what a post says, then why try to beat a post that 121 people honestly liked, with a post that simply says "give me yars"?

Is that even really beating the record held by the previous post?
Have you ever watched the TV show where they try to break records? I didn't make this post just to get yarrs, I wanted to see how many people still actively use these forums and if it would be possible to get all of them to yarr my post. I hope my post is proving Pirate 101 is still alive and kicking.

PS: I think the people that have yarred my post so far liked it and like Pirate 101, so it is a completely fair post.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
Have you ever watched the TV show where they try to break records? I didn't make this post just to get yarrs, I wanted to see how many people still actively use these forums and if it would be possible to get all of them to yarr my post. I hope my post is proving Pirate 101 is still alive and kicking.

PS: I think the people that have yarred my post so far liked it and like Pirate 101, so it is a completely fair post.
The "record" you are trying to break was achieved over the course of several years of new pirates coming and going, reading the post and appreciating it. While I can understand wanting to break a record, I am not going to "Yar" a post just because someone asked me to.

Sorry.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:

I get what you're trying to do, but that original 121 yar'ed post was a spontaneous event, it wasn't planned, it wasn't somebody asking for yars. It happened because, as Willowydream said, over time 121 people found that post, and liked what it said.

If you want to beat it though, then maybe instead of asking for 130 yars, try writing a post that will resonate with the community, and perhaps over time gain more real yars. That's how you'd really beat the 121 yar post record.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
CdeWinter on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
I get what you're trying to do, but that original 121 yar'ed post was a spontaneous event, it wasn't planned, it wasn't somebody asking for yars. It happened because, as Willowydream said, over time 121 people found that post, and liked what it said.

If you want to beat it though, then maybe instead of asking for 130 yars, try writing a post that will resonate with the community, and perhaps over time gain more real yars. That's how you'd really beat the 121 yar post record.
You know you are helping him do it, by keeping this post in the updated topics?
The ongoing hot topics probably have the edge anyway, cause the yars keep being added, but other postings drop off and get locked. He is doing good posts, too. Yars are for fun, and no harm done here. This doesn't take away from the other post's acclaim. I do see what you are saying.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013

I am responding to this post to bump it. I never thought my post would get my yarr goal immediately, right now it is at 24 and I don't want this post to get locked now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm sorry to say this, Dino, but maybe this thread should be locked. Because under the rules for posting, this thread is serving no constructive purpose beyond asking for players to give you a "Yar", unearned, undeserved.
Make a positive thread giving advise or even acknowledging a strange bit of P101 lore and you'll get my full support.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 3, 2018 wrote:
I'm sorry to say this, Dino, but maybe this thread should be locked. Because under the rules for posting, this thread is serving no constructive purpose beyond asking for players to give you a "Yar", unearned, undeserved.
Make a positive thread giving advise or even acknowledging a strange bit of P101 lore and you'll get my full support.
I need to correct you on one thing. I did not make this thread to ask players to give me Yarrs. I made this thread to try to get the Pirate 101 Community active in trying to break the current Yarr record. I think trying to break a record is a valid reason for the post to stay not locked at least for awhile. I wish it was still sticky but I understand it can't stay stuck forever.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 4, 2018 wrote:
I need to correct you on one thing. I did not make this thread to ask players to give me Yarrs. I made this thread to try to get the Pirate 101 Community active in trying to break the current Yarr record. I think trying to break a record is a valid reason for the post to stay not locked at least for awhile. I wish it was still sticky but I understand it can't stay stuck forever.
Maybe you could suggest threads that are deserving of more yarrs, with links to them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 4, 2018 wrote:
I would be for trying to break a record on yars, if this post served a true purpose ( and you're asking for yars so you can break that record ).. I'm sorry but "trying to see if the player community is still active" sounds like an excuse to me. Its obvious from the daily readings of posts here that the community is still active.
I sure would like to know what post generated that many yars - it must have been really good.