Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Storm Clouds

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
What do they do? are they just there? I recently got a tooth from stormzilla that does a storm than summons those clouds... what do they do exactly?

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
DariusMusk on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
What do they do? are they just there? I recently got a tooth from stormzilla that does a storm than summons those clouds... what do they do exactly?
I'm not entirely sure if this correct but someone once told me the clouds cause the enemies limited movement. This is with the bombs from musketeers and I'm guessing they have the same effects. It'd be best if you tested it out on your own to see if it's true.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
frostednutella on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
I'm not entirely sure if this correct but someone once told me the clouds cause the enemies limited movement. This is with the bombs from musketeers and I'm guessing they have the same effects. It'd be best if you tested it out on your own to see if it's true.
Limited movements how exactly?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
They are obstacles that block line-of-sight, if a companion or pet stops in one, I've seen them become "blind."

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Well, that was weird - I didn't see my earlier reply -- guess I was in a storm cloud!

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
DariusMusk on Jan 13, 2018 wrote:
Limited movements how exactly?
Not allow you to move as far, although the other people are correct about it limiting the line of sight. Musketeers and witchdoctors will have a hard time hitting through the clouds.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Willowydream on Jan 14, 2018 wrote:
They are obstacles that block line-of-sight, if a companion or pet stops in one, I've seen them become "blind."

Blind how?
Sorry, I just really don't understand.

And is it useful in pvp?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
DariusMusk on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
Blind how?
Sorry, I just really don't understand.

And is it useful in pvp?
Blind as in the word "Blind" rose above their head when they entered the cloud. I assume it meant that they wouldn't be able to target an enemy, but I moved them on immediately afterward, so I don't know exactly.

Why wouldn't it be useful in PvP? You'd have to try it out to know for sure.

EDIT: There may be varying levels of Storm Clouds, since I was just fighting Armada Skiffs in Marleybone, and the Storm Cloud obstacle on my deck just did an amount of damage and did not render my Sky Snake blind in any way.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Willowydream on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
Blind as in the word "Blind" rose above their head when they entered the cloud. I assume it meant that they wouldn't be able to target an enemy, but I moved them on immediately afterward, so I don't know exactly.

Why wouldn't it be useful in PvP? You'd have to try it out to know for sure.

EDIT: There may be varying levels of Storm Clouds, since I was just fighting Armada Skiffs in Marleybone, and the Storm Cloud obstacle on my deck just did an amount of damage and did not render my Sky Snake blind in any way.

Thanks for the info...

Idk if its a glitch or not but like nothing rose over their head when they go through the cloud, so I'll just assume its only for ranged.

Thanks again