Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New ships?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 24, 2017
So as all of us know, the biggest ship is a galleon, and it's been the largest ship for a pretty long time. Do you think KI should add another ship size? If yes, what do you think the name should be?

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
ConfusedKnicksFan on Jan 10, 2018 wrote:
So as all of us know, the biggest ship is a galleon, and it's been the largest ship for a pretty long time. Do you think KI should add another ship size? If yes, what do you think the name should be?
Flagship Sized?
That would be neat, they could be like mobile bases

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
noahdd on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
Flagship Sized?
That would be neat, they could be like mobile bases
Haha, LOL! That sounds exciting!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like the idea of flagship as a ship class, but it need not being a bigger ship type. What if rather than bigger, they made a new ship type that could be powerful in combat, but was smaller, or had a different battle board shape to it. Grizzleheim Longboat? Marleybone Yacht? Polaran Corvette? I looked up ship types from the age of sail; there are many types they haven't used yet. For a big ship, there could even be a Great Cog (or Cogue), it was named for it's squat roundness, but hey, something that could hold 500 soldiers might have possibilities for a pirate king. LOL

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
I like the idea of flagship as a ship class, but it need not being a bigger ship type. What if rather than bigger, they made a new ship type that could be powerful in combat, but was smaller, or had a different battle board shape to it. Grizzleheim Longboat? Marleybone Yacht? Polaran Corvette? I looked up ship types from the age of sail; there are many types they haven't used yet. For a big ship, there could even be a Great Cog (or Cogue), it was named for it's squat roundness, but hey, something that could hold 500 soldiers might have possibilities for a pirate king. LOL
I don't think Kingsisle could use the name Corvette, as it's trademarked.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
I don't think Kingsisle could use the name Corvette, as it's trademarked.
Ah, but the sailing ship type called the corvette, long predates the car brand name. "Corvette" meaning a ship type is a common word in the dictionary and was around first. Given that it would be used to refer to a ship in the game, the car company could not see it as a threat to their brand. If KI made a little car and called it a corvette, then they might have a problem, unless the car company thought it was good PR, or was some kind of obvious satire (which has legal protections too, though it wouldn't prevent lawsuits, they would win). "Eagle" was a car brand too, yet the eagles still live in Aquila.
Corvettes were sailing in the late 1600's, long before automobiles, and even before trademark laws. They were warships, smaller than a frigate, with a single gun deck. In fact, modern corvettes still sail the seas in modern navies, being useful in smaller seas . Thanks for prompting me to look up some interesting ship history while checking corvette facts.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
Ensign
Jul 27, 2010
Clippers? Reavers?

OR! or, how about Cruisers? Yeah? Sound good? The new class name could be Cruiser. Has a nice ring, yeah?

Cruiser fits the bill.

Cunning Chase Cringle: Level 70 Musketeer

Witty Evelyn Chamberlain: Level 70 Buccaneer

Corrupt Alura Sharp: Level 22 Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
poison54 on Feb 3, 2018 wrote:
Clippers? Reavers?

OR! or, how about Cruisers? Yeah? Sound good? The new class name could be Cruiser. Has a nice ring, yeah?

Cruiser fits the bill.

During the Golden Age of Piracy ( early to mid 1700s ) The largest battle ship was called "Ship of the Line".

Ensign
Aug 04, 2014
Probably dreadnought, ship of the line, man o war, or devastator

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
poison54 on Feb 3, 2018 wrote:
Clippers? Reavers?

Cruiser fits the bill.

Hey, Evelyn! It's me, Aurora! LOL, I didn't know you were on here too!

Ensign
Oct 25, 2012