Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What weapon is better?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 22, 2013
I am a level 70 Swashbuckler and I have 2 good weapons. One is the Blue Raptor Blades (gives flanking and I already have Flanking 2) or the Haywire Royal Poignard (Gives 2 Haywire strikes) I just want to know what weapon you guys think I should use.

Serious Cole Frakes, Level 70
Seth, Level 70

See you in the spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaStream on Jan 3, 2018 wrote:
I am a level 70 Swashbuckler and I have 2 good weapons. One is the Blue Raptor Blades (gives flanking and I already have Flanking 2) or the Haywire Royal Poignard (Gives 2 Haywire strikes) I just want to know what weapon you guys think I should use.

Seth, Level 70

See you in the spiral!
I avoid Flanking like the plague, I'm afraid my opinion is very prejudiced against flanking weapons for swashbucklers. Personally, I prefer the Moonlight Reavers ( Ashes Pack ) or the max level Boarding Daggers ( Crown Shop ).
Haywire Royal Poignard sounds like an excellent choice.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
AlphaStream on Jan 3, 2018 wrote:

Seth, Level 70

See you in the spiral!
Always go haywire... hahahaha. no seriously though The Haywire Royal Poignard.

That's just my opinion.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I love Flanking, but I can see how other players do not. My Swashbuckler has Flanking 4, and I really like the result when she and her crew are moving around the battleboard. I haven't gotten any of the Haywire weapons, so I cannot recommend a Haywire Strike. Don't they have a chance for "unintended results?"

I also don't PvP, so if that is the basis for your question, again, probably no help.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2018 wrote:
I avoid Flanking like the plague, I'm afraid my opinion is very prejudiced against flanking weapons for swashbucklers. Personally, I prefer the Moonlight Reavers ( Ashes Pack ) or the max level Boarding Daggers ( Crown Shop ).
Haywire Royal Poignard sounds like an excellent choice.
Well, Flanking can be excellent when done right. A lot of times I use Black Fog, and it bugs the fire out of me whenever Fan Flanders does her Flanking (or Sarah Steele does her Repel Boarders ) when I'm purposefully trying to Hide. But, Flanking is certainly great when it's done right, as it is basically just an extra when in the right places (spots on the board).

However, you're the battle and damage expert, not me, so I will still say the Haywire Royal Poignard sounds like a great and effective Weapon.

Ensign
Jan 22, 2013
Thanks so much, I have been using the Poignard and it is really good.
Thanks again!

Seth, Level 70

See you in the spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 4, 2018 wrote:
Well, Flanking can be excellent when done right. A lot of times I use Black Fog, and it bugs the fire out of me whenever Fan Flanders does her Flanking (or Sarah Steele does her Repel Boarders ) when I'm purposefully trying to Hide. But, Flanking is certainly great when it's done right, as it is basically just an extra when in the right places (spots on the board).

However, you're the battle and damage expert, not me, so I will still say the Haywire Royal Poignard sounds like a great and effective Weapon.
I'm not an expert by any means, that I don't care for flanking doesn't mean I don't use it for Fan or Subodai. If this talent is working for you, then use it. nobody has to have the same style of fighting.
It's just that flanking doesn't suit my combat style ( plus I have a pet that gives me Bladestorm, and I've trained Relentless. )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2018 wrote:
I'm not an expert by any means, that I don't care for flanking doesn't mean I don't use it for Fan or Subodai. If this talent is working for you, then use it. nobody has to have the same style of fighting.
It's just that flanking doesn't suit my combat style ( plus I have a pet that gives me Bladestorm, and I've trained Relentless. )
Yes... In fact, the whole reason why PvP is even something we can do in this game is because tons of different styles work best for different people. If everyone had the same fighting style, PvP wouldn't be much fun, would it?

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
ConnorP08 on Feb 3, 2018 wrote:
What is better Magic staffs or Swords?
Your icon is a witchdoctor icon so I am going to guess you are a witchdoctor. I play a traditional witchdoctor and like staffs/wands over a melee sword for sure. If you like using a sword you should consider a class that uses them efficiently.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
Avery Court Grace on Feb 5, 2018 wrote:
Your icon is a witchdoctor icon so I am going to guess you are a witchdoctor. I play a traditional witchdoctor and like staffs/wands over a melee sword for sure. If you like using a sword you should consider a class that uses them efficiently.
Yes I am a witch doctor. I choose staffs/wands but I usually sometimes use melee if I can't fine staffs/wands at the bazaar.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Fer Tatiana it be thee Nefarious Staff

Fer Edward thee Haywire Pistols & Rifle

Fer Jack thee Moonlight Reavers

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
- Deadeye Edward Morgan
- Deadeye Tatiana Morgan