Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stop using the team finder to carry people.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 25, 2012
The "Find Team" button is NOT a "carry me" button.

Don't use it to carry people, stay near your level.
Use it to help people near your level with dungeons/bosses near your level: yes.
Use it to carry lower leveled players through things you're over-leveled for: no.

I'm so tired of clicking that button to work with somebody else who needs the same dungeon I do or help somebody do a dungeon I'm still in range for, only to get paired with level 70 Joe Shmoe who barges in and ruins the experience.

If you want to carry people that's fine, but don't do it using the team finder, carry people who actually ask for it.
Find them in Skull Island or whatever, not using the group finder.
All you do if you use the group finder is ruin the experience for others.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Song on Dec 7, 2017 wrote:
The "Find Team" button is NOT a "carry me" button.

Don't use it to carry people, stay near your level.
Use it to help people near your level with dungeons/bosses near your level: yes.
Use it to carry lower leveled players through things you're over-leveled for: no.

I'm so tired of clicking that button to work with somebody else who needs the same dungeon I do or help somebody do a dungeon I'm still in range for, only to get paired with level 70 Joe Shmoe who barges in and ruins the experience.

If you want to carry people that's fine, but don't do it using the team finder, carry people who actually ask for it.
Find them in Skull Island or whatever, not using the group finder.
All you do if you use the group finder is ruin the experience for others.
I'm sorry you have found this experience to be distasteful. Fortunately, not all Level 70 pirates using team up are thinking that way. I ALWAYS defer to the one who is questing, allow them to interact or read dialogue, etc. I won't even tell them if there is a Zeke item, unless they want me to. I do mention free tomes or wooden chests.

I do agree, though, that many players need a lesson in what is "good manners" when teaming up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 7, 2017 wrote:
I'm sorry you have found this experience to be distasteful. Fortunately, not all Level 70 pirates using team up are thinking that way. I ALWAYS defer to the one who is questing, allow them to interact or read dialogue, etc. I won't even tell them if there is a Zeke item, unless they want me to. I do mention free tomes or wooden chests.

I do agree, though, that many players need a lesson in what is "good manners" when teaming up.

Hey, Willowydream! I always tell a player about Zeke items in dungeons: many players are thankful for the tip. I also tell about training tomes; you'd be surprised by the number of max players who didn't know a certain dungeon had a tome hidden in it!
Yep, you get Esperanza on your side you get the full service! However, I do allow the main quester the option of going first, read dialogue ( although sometimes I forget & trigger the battle early ). If there's a cheat they should be aware of, then I tell them about that also ( like Sato's teleport. )
I also won't do any dungeon lower than Tumbleweed skyway & I avoid known farming instances. There's no fun in helping a max level farm Miranda or Friar Sand.
But courtesy works both ways, some requesting team up act as if I'm their personal henchman, they hang back, making me go first. I have met a few who absolutely refuse to acknowledge my presence, getting no response to a greeting, question or compliment. This is very discouraging.