Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should Ki Add Another Unranked PVP Building?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
First of all, I want to give a shoutout to one of my newer game friends Fearless Taylor for launching a Twitch stream and streaming Pirate 101 on it tonight. He was live from 7 PM - 8 PM CST tonight and if you were watching you saw he covered a PVP match involving my level 70 privateer Two-Faced Dino Clegg live on twitch. During his stream of the match he noticed that they were several people(he counted around 10), that were waiting for the next PVP match to begin. He suggested Skull Island should have another unranked PVP building like it used to. Now I am going to guess that if I stopped my post right here Anecorbie/Esperanza would say, "You're forgetting these people waiting could have changed realms". So I am going to counter that argument before she has the chance to make it! First of all, the majority of people playing Pirate 101 play in Avery realm, because A. The game automatically spawns them in Avery Realm when they log in or B. Because Avery Realm has the most potential teammates for Dreadnaught, PVP, and quests in it. Now, if a pirate wants to have a 1v1 what they would likely do is ask for another pirate at or around their level in Avery Realm to 1v1 them in say Commodore Realm and both pirates port there and have a 1v1. That's not the problem, the problem is if a group of pirates want do a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4. It's very hard to coordinate a group to all move to the same other realm, if they were asked to move to Commodore Realm, some of them probably wouldn't get the message and remain in Avery Realm and if it was a 3v3 or 4v4 group they all couldn't join a group because groups can have no more than 4 people, so the only way to tell everyone at once what realm to move to is in public chat. Lets say you were successful and everyone wanting to do a 3v3 or 4v4 moved to Commodore Realm, they all get there only to find a 1v1 is taking place there, at that point some of the group would probably get frustrated and give up the thought of the match. I think Fearless Taylor has a good idea. The question then becomes, where would Ki put another unranked PVP building? There is currently 2 vacant buildings on Skull Island, the only one big enough to house PVP would be the building across from the team up ledger. Renovating that vacant building and turning it into another unranked PVP building should reduce wait times at busy times of day.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
First of all, I want to give a shoutout to one of my newer game friends Fearless Taylor for launching a Twitch stream and streaming Pirate 101 on it tonight. He was live from 7 PM - 8 PM CST tonight and if you were watching you saw he covered a PVP match involving my level 70 privateer Two-Faced Dino Clegg live on twitch. During his stream of the match he noticed that they were several people(he counted around 10), that were waiting for the next PVP match to begin. He suggested Skull Island should have another unranked PVP building like it used to. Now I am going to guess that if I stopped my post right here Anecorbie/Esperanza would say, "You're forgetting these people waiting could have changed realms". So I am going to counter that argument before she has the chance to make it! First of all, the majority of people playing Pirate 101 play in Avery realm, because A. The game automatically spawns them in Avery Realm when they log in or B. Because Avery Realm has the most potential teammates for Dreadnaught, PVP, and quests in it. Now, if a pirate wants to have a 1v1 what they would likely do is ask for another pirate at or around their level in Avery Realm to 1v1 them in say Commodore Realm and both pirates port there and have a 1v1. That's not the problem, the problem is if a group of pirates want do a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4. It's very hard to coordinate a group to all move to the same other realm, if they were asked to move to Commodore Realm, some of them probably wouldn't get the message and remain in Avery Realm and if it was a 3v3 or 4v4 group they all couldn't join a group because groups can have no more than 4 people, so the only way to tell everyone at once what realm to move to is in public chat. Lets say you were successful and everyone wanting to do a 3v3 or 4v4 moved to Commodore Realm, they all get there only to find a 1v1 is taking place there, at that point some of the group would probably get frustrated and give up the thought of the match. I think Fearless Taylor has a good idea. The question then becomes, where would Ki put another unranked PVP building? There is currently 2 vacant buildings on Skull Island, the only one big enough to house PVP would be the building across from the team up ledger. Renovating that vacant building and turning it into another unranked PVP building should reduce wait times at busy times of day.
As long as the extra unranked PVP chamber is in the Free to Play zones of Skull Island, I have no serious objections to this proposal.
On changing realms - you're right, if it's a pick up match between pirates not friends, then co-ordinating a match can be hard.
Outside, ,size of building doesn't matter in this game, haven't you noticed this? It's possible for a shack to have all the space needed, if KI wishes it.
Be aware, though, that what seems to be a vacant "unused" building may actually be part of a side quest or promotion quest. Like the vacant building across from the Ledger, it's part of a side quest from Jonah Town.
I suggest that a room could be opened in the Ancient Tunnels by simply adding a door.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Sorry but No -

KI needs to get back to giving us story line not more PVP-

you have ranked pvp
unranked pvp
unranked ship pvp

that should be plenty for anyone

and for the vast majority of players - pvp is not why we play the game

we play for the story - which we really need more of
a whole new world with a bunch of level is what is needed

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
As long as the extra unranked PVP chamber is in the Free to Play zones of Skull Island, I have no serious objections to this proposal.
On changing realms - you're right, if it's a pick up match between pirates not friends, then co-ordinating a match can be hard.
Outside, ,size of building doesn't matter in this game, haven't you noticed this? It's possible for a shack to have all the space needed, if KI wishes it.
Be aware, though, that what seems to be a vacant "unused" building may actually be part of a side quest or promotion quest. Like the vacant building across from the Ledger, it's part of a side quest from Jonah Town.
I suggest that a room could be opened in the Ancient Tunnels by simply adding a door.
You're right about that building LOL. Turns out neither of my pirates have done that side quest. Would an unranked PVP room in the Ancient Tunnels have enough visibility?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
You're right about that building LOL. Turns out neither of my pirates have done that side quest. Would an unranked PVP room in the Ancient Tunnels have enough visibility?
When the Brawlin' Hall was exclusively unranked PVP, very few players used the Spar Chamber. I'm sure that as soon as word gets around, that an extra Spar Chamber is available, players will start using it. ( or have a side quest introducing it).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
Sorry but No -

you have ranked pvp
unranked pvp
unranked ship pvp

I'm equally in support of any content that brings in players and keeps them playing - sides like Gardening, Fishing, & Crafting.; Main quest line story, Bundles & packs, and improvements in both ranked & unranked PVP

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Krigleblort on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
Sorry but No -

you have ranked pvp
unranked pvp
unranked ship pvp

Story cost a lot more to make then slapping together a few arenas and voicing a single crab npc, just remember that next time you want pve rather then pvp related stuff, honestly neither should get updated at all until the bugs for both are fixed, 4v4 pvp is still broken years later after being initially reported.

THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANOTHER PVP BUILDING, now that ive drawn your attention to this part, most people in the spar chamber dont pvp at all, theyre there to socialize and watch, the actual pvp community isnt big enough to warrant another spar chamber and hasnt been for years, the changing realm thing is simple and if finding an empty realm is too complicated for one of the participants odds are the match would have been too complicated too

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
zuto4011a on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
Story cost a lot more to make then slapping together a few arenas and voicing a single crab npc, just remember that next time you want pve rather then pvp related stuff, honestly neither should get updated at all until the bugs for both are fixed, 4v4 pvp is still broken years later after being initially reported.

THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANOTHER PVP BUILDING, now that ive drawn your attention to this part, most people in the spar chamber dont pvp at all, theyre there to socialize and watch, the actual pvp community isnt big enough to warrant another spar chamber and hasnt been for years, the changing realm thing is simple and if finding an empty realm is too complicated for one of the participants odds are the match would have been too complicated too
You seem like a pirate who doesn't PVP. If that is the case, of course you're gonna be biased to not having anything else PVP related added. I am asking pirates who do PVP if another unranked PVP building would benefit them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:

I don't agree that because a few players have difficulty in coordinating a match that it follows that the match would be "too complicated". Robert, there are many players who want to PVP but feel intimidated by the socializers, because a few make rude comments and there are higher level trolls who jump into a low level match to boost their ego ( not saying that you or anyone I know personally are like this, but you must admit it's true. )
These players are also at many ages, younger players without Text Chat can not coordinate a meet up. Also not everyone has a house where they can PVP with friends.
Yes, ranked needs some improvements like spectating and fixing that 4 vs. 4 bug so that tournaments can become a part of this game.
What's wrong with an extra Spar Chamber for those who are serious about practicing?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:
You seem like a pirate who doesn't PVP. If that is the case, of course you're gonna be biased to not having anything else PVP related added. I am asking pirates who do PVP if another unranked PVP building would benefit them.
Ooh boy, Dino, zuto4011a is a major PVP player and past Champion. He's Robert ( privateer class ) and you can find him in the Spar Chamber on weekend evenings. ( Try the less crowded realms and maybe you'll find him. )

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:
I do pvp, i probably have more experience then everyone on these message boards combined (unless wolf decides to make an entrance) and i am saying we do not need another place to pvp when the community is this small.

now for you anecorbie since i cant quote multiple people,
the reason i say we dont need one is because there are at least 20 open realms for the spar chamber at any given time, and at night every single realm is open including avery, the same problems you mentioned of trolls jumping into matches vs lower levels and socializers making comments will also be in the new chamber as well, if the game had a pvp community larger then lets say 40 people id be all for a new chamber, but we dont, and lets face it pirate101 has very limited resources in comparison to wizard101, id rather those few resources actually go towards something we needs like bug fixes or crafting

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:
Ooh boy, Dino, zuto4011a is a major PVP player and past Champion. He's Robert ( privateer class ) and you can find him in the Spar Chamber on weekend evenings. ( Try the less crowded realms and maybe you'll find him. )
My mistake, I don't know everybody. Remember I said "seem like".

To respond to Robert, all Ki would have to do to add another unranked PVP building would be to copy the inside of the current unranked PVP building. No new voice actors or designs would be required.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I thought of another idea for a possible second location for unranked PVP, through the back door in the Party Room. Currently that door goes to nothing. Imagine a giant unranked PVP arena right behind that door. Imagine 2 4v4 PVP signals, needed as the Party Room is 1 realm only. It would be twice as big as the Spar Chamber and 2 matches could be going at the same time. This room could be called the PVP Room(as it would connect to the Party Room).

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
hello!

I have`nt been in pvp battle but who knows, maybe already soon! I like more pve anyway.

Sincerely,

Vice Admiral!