Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Did The Drop Rate For Pets From Presents Go Down?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
A year or so ago, it seemed easy to get a pet from the presents. Christmas In July 2017 it was very hard but a few did drop for me and Halloween 2017 so far is even worse. I have gotten 2 pets after opening something like 150 of the presents, and they were both the same pet. OK, because they are so difficult I intend to get the duplicate pets(they were birthday cake crawlies for your curiosity), but seriously, why is so difficult to get a pet. How many pets drop from the Halloween presents in the first place? My calculations say 3, the Birthday Cake Crawlie. the Karma Chameleon, and the Karma Paper Dragon, and yet you can find more Halloween pets in the Crown Shop that don't drop from the presents. What's the deal with that, most of the Christmas Crown Shop pets drop from the presents but not any Halloween Crown Shop pets? OK, so I believe I got my Karma Paper Dragon from the Crown Shop, that said the Karma Paper Dragon is a birthday pet, not a Halloween pet. Anyway, I an now going to use this opportunity to quote from the producer's letter:

"Of course, we’ll be celebrating two of our favorite Holidays soon as well, so there will be awesome new booty, such as:
  • New ways to ride around in style *we got a new vine mount*
  • Even better birthday loot
  • Some spooky new ways to get in the Halloween spirit *we got new face paint*
  • Celebrations spread far and wide"
So 2 of these have happened, but the other 2 we'll have to wait and see. I sure hope this "better birthday loot" isn't all crown shop exclusive items, cause if it is I feel really let down after seeing a picture of the Halloween presents in this same producer's letter. I'm hoping KI will improve the presents when they add this "better birthday loot". As far as the celebrations, they haven't spread far and wide, at least as of yet like this letter has stated. I'm sorry, but spread far and wide to me at least equals spreading to Bestia, Blood Shoals, and Jonah Town which are in the same skyway as Skull Island. The Party Barge is technically in the middle of Skull Island docked under a bridge so I don't consider the presents on the barge "spread far and wide". Maybe KI meant when they launch the new birthday stuff the presents will be spread far and wide, otherwise I feel let down.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Maybe you need to wait just a little longer for the birth - day.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
Alright Decius, I'm trusting you on this one. Please don't let me down.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
Decius, I admire your patience. I wish I was that patient!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Just a belated thought on this, maybe the drop rate isn't different, maybe there are more pirates who were on collecting presents! If there are more pirates playing, that can only be a good thing.