Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeer Compnaion Builds and tips

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
hello everyone. I'm gonna tell you all on how to build certain Musketeer type companions and how they should be used.

Chantal Livingstone: no doubt or surprise that she is a strong offensive companion. when built right she can destroy practically everything. a good build for her would be:
*Epics: any combination of the following: Overwatch 2, Burst Fire 2, Doubletap 2. (she starts with Overwatch so Overwatch would become 3)
*Talents: Scrapper 3, Accuracy 4, Rough 4, Agility 4.

Bonnie Anne: also offensive. Bonnie is the next best thing to Chantal. plus she has a heal which works great when in a pinch. a good set up for her is:
*Epics: Overwatch 3, Doubletap 3, Burst Fire 2.
*Talents: Scrapper 2, Rough 4, Accuracy 3, Tough 4, Agility 2.

Private Mills: strictly offense. he is terrible at defense. he is also short ranged. that being said he needs allot of health to stay In the fray longer. if preferred you may also give him allot of Dodge to help him survive longer at the cost of some damage. his set up would be this:

*Epics: Overwatch 1, Burst fire 2, Doubletap 2.
*Talents: Rough 4, Tough 4, Scrapper 3, Agility 4, Accuracy 3. (if you choose to give him dodge then Switch out Agility)

Louise Le Bisque/Pepe Detorteau: he is a defensive musketeer companion. have him sit in the back with you and he will provide some protection for you. he's not all that good for offense since he is unable to get Burst Fire. here is his set up: (if you have both then it works doubly well)

*Epics: Overwatch 3, Doubletap 2, Quick Draw 2.
*Talents: Tough 4, Accuracy 3, Rough 4, Amor 3 and Scrapper 3 (if you do not care about Scrapper then replace it with Agility 3)

Emmet/Exeter: this guy can be both offense and defense. he is an excellent choice when dealing with other muskets. matter of fact most Privateers set him up as a counter musket. here is the good set up for him depending on what you want:

(offense )*Epics: Doubletap 3, True Grit 3
(defense) *Epics: Overwatch 3, True Grit 3
(both) *Epics: Overwatch 2, True Grit 2, Doubletap 2.
(offense) *Talents: Rough 4, Scrapper 3, Agility 4, Dodge 3, Tough 3
(defense) *Talents: Rough 4, Scrapper 3, Tough 4, Accuracy 4, Agility 2
(both) *Talents: Accuracy 3, Tough 3, Scrapper 3, Rough 3, Agility 3, Dodge 2

Duck Holiday: duck is a short ranged offense companion that can deal with privateers along with Emmet/Exeter. his set up should be this:
*Epics: True Grit 3, Burst Fire 2.
*Talents: Tough 4, Rough 4, Accuracy 4, Resist 3, Armor 2

Jane Canary: she is a compliment alongside Emmet/Exeter. whatever Emmet/Exeter doesn't cover she can. if Emmet/Exeter is doing both she can do both with him. her talents are basically the other side of whatever you gave Emmet/Exeter.

if anyone has any questions about a companion not listed I shall tell you my recommended set up for them. hope this proves helpful to you guys

Black Jack Silver. lvl 70

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
the minutemen on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
hello everyone. I'm gonna tell you all on how to build certain Musketeer type companions and how they should be used.

Chantal Livingstone: no doubt or surprise that she is a strong offensive companion. when built right she can destroy practically everything. a good build for her would be:
*Epics: any combination of the following: Overwatch 2, Burst Fire 2, Doubletap 2. (she starts with Overwatch so Overwatch would become 3)
*Talents: Scrapper 3, Accuracy 4, Rough 4, Agility 4.

Bonnie Anne: also offensive. Bonnie is the next best thing to Chantal. plus she has a heal which works great when in a pinch. a good set up for her is:
*Epics: Overwatch 3, Doubletap 3, Burst Fire 2.
*Talents: Scrapper 2, Rough 4, Accuracy 3, Tough 4, Agility 2.

Private Mills: strictly offense. he is terrible at defense. he is also short ranged. that being said he needs allot of health to stay In the fray longer. if preferred you may also give him allot of Dodge to help him survive longer at the cost of some damage. his set up would be this:

*Epics: Overwatch 1, Burst fire 2, Doubletap 2.
*Talents: Rough 4, Tough 4, Scrapper 3, Agility 4, Accuracy 3. (if you choose to give him dodge then Switch out Agility)

Louise Le Bisque/Pepe Detorteau: he is a defensive musketeer companion. have him sit in the back with you and he will provide some protection for you. he's not all that good for offense since he is unable to get Burst Fire. here is his set up: (if you have both then it works doubly well)

*Epics: Overwatch 3, Doubletap 2, Quick Draw 2.
*Talents: Tough 4, Accuracy 3, Rough 4, Amor 3 and Scrapper 3 (if you do not care about Scrapper then replace it with Agility 3)

Emmet/Exeter: this guy can be both offense and defense. he is an excellent choice when dealing with other muskets. matter of fact most Privateers set him up as a counter musket. here is the good set up for him depending on what you want:

(offense )*Epics: Doubletap 3, True Grit 3
(defense) *Epics: Overwatch 3, True Grit 3
(both) *Epics: Overwatch 2, True Grit 2, Doubletap 2.
(offense) *Talents: Rough 4, Scrapper 3, Agility 4, Dodge 3, Tough 3
(defense) *Talents: Rough 4, Scrapper 3, Tough 4, Accuracy 4, Agility 2
(both) *Talents: Accuracy 3, Tough 3, Scrapper 3, Rough 3, Agility 3, Dodge 2

Duck Holiday: duck is a short ranged offense companion that can deal with privateers along with Emmet/Exeter. his set up should be this:
*Epics: True Grit 3, Burst Fire 2.
*Talents: Tough 4, Rough 4, Accuracy 4, Resist 3, Armor 2

Jane Canary: she is a compliment alongside Emmet/Exeter. whatever Emmet/Exeter doesn't cover she can. if Emmet/Exeter is doing both she can do both with him. her talents are basically the other side of whatever you gave Emmet/Exeter.

if anyone has any questions about a companion not listed I shall tell you my recommended set up for them. hope this proves helpful to you guys

Black Jack Silver. lvl 70
Why do you keep giving them scrapper? And i would like a build for wild bill peacock.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
kingme655 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
Why do you keep giving them scrapper? And i would like a build for wild bill peacock.
I gave them all Scrapper so they can get back up sooner. of course if you just get them up anyway while wounded it may not matter. as for Wild Bill? hmm. he is a short range musket due to having a pistol. he also starts with burst fire so I would make him offense. his talents would go like this:

Epics: Burst Fire 3, Doubletap 2.
Normal Talents: Accuracy 3, Scrapper 2, Rough 4, Agility 3, and perhaps Tough 2.

of course if you want him to have different job than offense just let me know and I can change around his build.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
the minutemen on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
I gave them all Scrapper so they can get back up sooner. of course if you just get them up anyway while wounded it may not matter. as for Wild Bill? hmm. he is a short range musket due to having a pistol. he also starts with burst fire so I would make him offense. his talents would go like this:

Epics: Burst Fire 3, Doubletap 2.
Normal Talents: Accuracy 3, Scrapper 2, Rough 4, Agility 3, and perhaps Tough 2.

of course if you want him to have different job than offense just let me know and I can change around his build.
You forgot the last epic.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
kingme655 on Aug 23, 2017 wrote:
You forgot the last epic.
oh. I keep forgetting that some companions get an epic on recruitment/purchase. give him Doubletap 3.