Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Since when did unstitching cost crowns

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I mean I rolled up and bam 100 crowns gone for unstitching. I remember it used to be free did it not? I would defs pay 100 crowns for stitching, however I also believe it should come with the benefit to unstitch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Aug 19, 2017 wrote:
I mean I rolled up and bam 100 crowns gone for unstitching. I remember it used to be free did it not? I would defs pay 100 crowns for stitching, however I also believe it should come with the benefit to unstitch.
It has always cost crowns ( I should know, I do this often ) its just the same as in W101.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
I agree with you, Golden Guardian. I have paid 100 crowns to stitch multiple sets of gear and weapons but I personally don't think it's fair that you have to pay another 100 crowns to unstitch something. People unstitch for a variety of good reasons, the main reason being that you got bored with your current look and wanted to unsttich and restitch your gear to something else for a fresh, new look. If we really have to pay 100 crowns to unstitch a piece of gear, then I have a solution for this too. My idea would be that Pirate101 members and people who have recently purchased crowns should get free unstitching benefits while free to play Pirate101 players have to pay an additional 100 crowns to unstitch a piece of gear. That seems fair, doesn't it? I think so, and Wizard101 gets member benefits all the time so I can see free unstitching benefits being fair to people who have recently purchased crowns or are a current Pirate101 member. Thanks for reading and good luck out there in the skyways. Also, happy farming to all you pirates out there!
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 23 Musketeer-in-Training)

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
In the time I've been playing Pirate (since stitching was added) unstitching has always costed crowns

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
If you don't wanna unstitch something, buy a copy of the gear that it looks like if your going for looks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The only reason to un-stitch an item is to reclaim a piece of boss gear that you had changed the appearance of by stitching.
If all you want to do is change the appearance again, then you can stitch over it, all you're doing is keeping the stats but changing the appearance.
This function shouldn't be free; all you need to do is play a few days of KI Trivia games and get free crowns to do it.
However, I have no objection to allowing stitching ( or un-stitching ) for gold as a member benefit.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
No it didn't. You pay to merge the two items and you pay to separate them. 100 crowns is little enough; if you get the crowns during their super crowns spell you're looking at spending about a dime. If having you equipment look the same way even as you upgrade is important, either buy something that looks similar or cough up your crowns.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
My bad guys, guess I had a case of the Mandela effect. I genuinely did think it was free.