Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

10 fingers and 2 hands

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
So every pirate has 10 fingers and 2 hands (well actually 8 fingers and 2 thumbs but you get the point)

so why can we only wear One ring ? could we not at least have another ring slot ?

I understand one totem / and one charm but only one ring / and we are Pirates / should our hands not be covered in bling?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Krigleblort on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
So every pirate has 10 fingers and 2 hands (well actually 8 fingers and 2 thumbs but you get the point)

so why can we only wear One ring ? could we not at least have another ring slot ?

I understand one totem / and one charm but only one ring / and we are Pirates / should our hands not be covered in bling?
Have you ever played an instrument (especially a string instrument!) while wearing multiple rings? It's neither comfortable nor easy. Aside from the technical side of things, I like to think our pirate only wears one ring because it's difficult to hold on to things and fight with a bunch of stuff on their hands.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2014
If we are talking about balance, other rings would just take the challenge out of the game.

But I get what you are saying, other ring slots, and I would like that idea too.
Maybe if this were to be implemented I would suggest it to be an acessory with no stats, but I am getting ahead of myself.

Maybe rings have some mojo that can only make you wear one at a time? After all the game is filled with evil and magical objects, some that cannot be controlled, but that is just a theory.

Stay Toasty

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Because it's One Ring.....To Rule them All!!!!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Aug 19, 2017 wrote:
Have you ever played an instrument (especially a string instrument!) while wearing multiple rings? It's neither comfortable nor easy. Aside from the technical side of things, I like to think our pirate only wears one ring because it's difficult to hold on to things and fight with a bunch of stuff on their hands.
I agree very much; when I was in an historic recreation society, I competed in Renaissance style fencing. My teacher told us to never fight in jewelry ( especially rings ). Rings made it difficult to hold the sword, plus we wore gloves to protect our hands. Rings did interfere with the fighting.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
It's simply just not how they designed the game. There's really no need for another ring slot besides making players farm more.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
While I certainly don't feel our pirates' hands should be covered in bling, I also see no harm in being able to wear 2 rings -- one on each hand.

In keeping with the tradition of many, countless RPGs (with multiple ring slots granting multiple powers/talents/benefits/bonuses/etc...), being able to wear a ring on each hand would be fitting. Sure, ideally rings may interfere with the wielding of weapons, but the ring slot in a game is just a way to add more options & power to a player's arsenal. As a carpenter & with working in construction, I understand the "reality" aspect of it -- as I avoid wearing loose clothing, chains, necklaces, jewelry, rings, fashionable hats & tassels that may pose a safety risk or interfere with tasks.

But, in regards to a game, the rings we wear serve the purpose of: making us stronger; giving us potent abilities, powers & talents; bolstering stats; giving us more oomph in combat. So yes, while it may not be ideal for a pirate to wear multiple, "aesthetic" rings during combat...I can only imagine that they would absolutely wear more than 1 ring if each ring provided them magic, an awesome power, cool talent or other advantage in combat -- as P101 rings do. Also, speaking historically, a lot of the battle gear soldiers wore was indeed uncomfortable, cumbersome and often made even swinging a sword much more difficult. Yet they wore them anyway because the gear protected them, bettered their chances at survival &/or created strategic advantages. Speaking hypothetically, if they had magic rings that did that, I would be willing to bet that they would wear more than 1, even despite it making holding a sword a bit uncomfortable.

Surely if we pirates can wear a horse-head mask & antlers on our heads while performing acrobatic combat maneuvers....I think an extra ring wouldn't pose too much trouble. One per hand would be nice, while not overpowering our characters too much. Certainly not needed, but I'd welcome the addition of one ring slot.