Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - August

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Crafting, of course! The gear already looks amazing in this game, so adding more unique gear sets from crafting would be great.

However, a system I think would be unique to Pirate101 (versus Wizard101) is an exploring system. While Zeke's quests do have a bit of exploring in them, the difference with this system is that the location of the treasure you are looking for changes daily or weekly (and they could even be timed). You have to find all the previous worlds treasure and raise up your treasure hunting skill before higher world treasure "tokens" will appear.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I actually think it would be cool to add Derbies to Pirate101.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
I love pets and all and pvp is fine (I don't do pvp), crafting is certainly something most players would enjoy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Special events like Lost Papers or Five B.OX.E.S. or seasonal celebrations with a quest line.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
since the pet pavilion is a coliseum how about adding more pet against pet games like the wizard101 derby race maybe making it different to where only the adult or ancient pets would be pulling a chariot while your pirate is riding the chariot and some other Olympic ish games.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
Special events like Lost Papers or Five B.OX.E.S. or seasonal celebrations with a quest line.
YES! I love the five B.O.X.E.S and the lost pages. its pages, anecorbie.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
I'm going to be logical about this. I wont discuss crafting, or ship pvp, or any of that other nonsense. instead, I want to talk about ship repairing. I'm sure everyone has experienced this at some point. you are sitting in the skyways with only one ship and it gets damaged greatly you have to wait forever for the ship to repair itself. I'd like to see you guys (KI) to include a feature that allows us to repair the ship ourselves. I'm not talking about removing damage tokens I mean actually using a certain key (I'm thinking R for repair) to repair the ship and heal it up faster. it can be done at a dock or out in the sky. and not just you can repair it. if you got passengers aboard they can help the repair process. I think it would be a great idea.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
Brilliant idea Fair Lass!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
I'm going to be logical about this. I wont discuss crafting, or ship pvp, or any of that other nonsense. instead, I want to talk about ship repairing. I'm sure everyone has experienced this at some point. you are sitting in the skyways with only one ship and it gets damaged greatly you have to wait forever for the ship to repair itself. I'd like to see you guys (KI) to include a feature that allows us to repair the ship ourselves. I'm not talking about removing damage tokens I mean actually using a certain key (I'm thinking R for repair) to repair the ship and heal it up faster. it can be done at a dock or out in the sky. and not just you can repair it. if you got passengers aboard they can help the repair process. I think it would be a great idea.
We already have a feature to repair our ships - use a mojo potion, this will heal your ship to full "health". That you didn't know about this isn't your fault; KI removed the ship tutorial from the game.
And I salute you for the patience in pursuing and battling ships at a disadvantage.

Ok, I'm starting to see a pattern here. ::grin::

Let me ask a follow up question for those of you interested in crafting - what are you MOST excited to craft? Some of you specified gear and ships. What else?

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
anecorbie on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
We already have a feature to repair our ships - use a mojo potion, this will heal your ship to full "health". That you didn't know about this isn't your fault; KI removed the ship tutorial from the game.
And I salute you for the patience in pursuing and battling ships at a disadvantage.
but do you know how expensive mojo potions get? it's a waste of money and/or effort to fill it up again. plus the mojo potion is only good for 3 uses. by having a repair feature we can repair our ships much more quickly than idling around. and even if they don't add that they can at least add a dock worker to major docks who will repair your ship for a few (thousand) gold. much cheaper than using a mojo potion.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Professor Falmea on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:

Let me ask a follow up question for those of you interested in crafting - what are you MOST excited to craft? Some of you specified gear and ships. What else?
Companions! Might be a long shot but I feel this would be a great unique craft to Pirate that Wizard wouldn't ever have.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011

Hmm, probably cool looking weapons! If I may request something, I'd love it if Musketeers could craft a true bow (not a slingbow or crossbow). Maybe they could look like the ones in Wizard101, like the Darkfire Longbow or the Raven's bow of Unkindness. I also just love the swords from the Kirin's Hoard Pack!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

I'm most excited to be able to craft ships or ship equipment; but in W101 I really enjoyed crafting a house, a mount & a spell ( Deer Knight ) all of these gave satisfying results and the effort was worth it.
That should tell you something, make the results of crafting worth the effort we put into it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
but do you know how expensive mojo potions get? it's a waste of money and/or effort to fill it up again. plus the mojo potion is only good for 3 uses. by having a repair feature we can repair our ships much more quickly than idling around. and even if they don't add that they can at least add a dock worker to major docks who will repair your ship for a few (thousand) gold. much cheaper than using a mojo potion.
Or you could use your Wheel Power in the windlane to heal your ship faster, I have never felt that it ever took too long to heal my ship.
There are already methods in this game to do what your asking for.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Houses. Definitely Houses.

And welcome to the Message Boards, The Minutemen!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Craft some powers! and compannions and houses and pets and everything!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

Why, mega snacks, for sure! Housing, ship equipment, gear vaults, you name it -- if it exists in-game, or even if it doesn't we'd just like to be able to make things.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It takes less than a minute to heal up a ship in a windlane, using the wheel power along with sitting idle. And if you're after blue yum for mojo potions, it's there for the taking pretty freely in the Tradewinds Skyway near Puerto Mico and all around the pink windlane,

Of course, a dockyard would probably turn out to be as expensive as Miracle Mitch is to heal our companions...

would people be willing to pay that much?

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Ship equipment. But I'd really like to see crafting separated into stuff for pirates and stuff for ships, with like a dry-dock area to do the ship associated crafting.

Let me make cool sails or a good wheel. Give us a chance to make upgrades for the special ships such as the Beluga ship or the Ghost ship that we can't upgrade otherwise.

It'd be nice to be able to 'craft' boosts for a specific crew member, like giving El Toro Flanking (not that he'd see it as honorable) or something of that ilk. You'd have to be careful who could get what crafted for them or the complaints of So-and-So being OP would be overwhelming.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
anecorbie on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
Or you could use your Wheel Power in the windlane to heal your ship faster, I have never felt that it ever took too long to heal my ship.
There are already methods in this game to do what your asking for.
then you've never sat around at the docks waiting idly as you wait for your dozens of ships to heal on their own.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
then you've never sat around at the docks waiting idly as you wait for your dozens of ships to heal on their own.
Ok, just telling you I have never waited at any dock for my ship to heal. Sit in the windlane and the ship begins to heal itself - you can speed this up by using the Wheel Power.
And I only use one ship at a time, so where do you get "waiting for your dozens of ships to heal"?
You need not reply to this, as I think we've exhausted this subject.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Jewels, if ye ever put Jewel Socketing in the mix of things!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
the minutemen on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
Dozens of Ships? Sat around at the docks?

Do you switch from ship to ship as they get damaged and then run for a Life Fountain. Sorry, but I would never have thought to do that...

No wonder you're frustrated if you didn't know that the best place to heal a ship is in a windlane.It used to be that when we had to sail from place to place (pre-stage coaches and transportalers) ships would naturally heal and collect yum as we went. People got in such a hurry, they lost that process/opportunity to regain ship health.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
1) I didn't see this mentioned on ANY social media and I check them all quite often! I see Wizard's Feedback Fridays and other things posted all the time but I barely see anything for pirate
2)CRAFTING
3)Crafting
4)Did I mention crafting?

We have needed this for a very long time (just like more frequent updates cough cough 3 year wait cough cough too long cough). Crafting will bring so much diversity into the game instead of seeing the same old gear sets on practically ever class.